Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2020 at 3:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Cannot add custom content stairs or recolours for Mac Super Collection!
Hi Everybody,

I'm fairly new to the sims 2 on a computer and adding custom content but pretty much everything I've wanted to add so far I have managed to do except for the stairs. I'm currently playing the Sims 2 Super Collection on my MacOS Catalina version 10.15.2 and I cannot anywhere on my device locate the modularstairs.txt file to add the coding you need to make the stairs work. I have tried adding different custom content and tried to execute different instructions but they all seem to state they need the info copy and pasting into the modularstairs.txt file which I cannot for the life of me locate. I have looked in the Sims 2 File using ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ in finder with no luck and also through applications using show package contents to no avail. The instructions say the file should be found using this path ( \Applications\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\modularstairs.txtv ) for Mac users but when i get to the show package contents there is no TSData folder to be seen. I have also looked in every possible folder to try and find the file I need as well as searching for it in Finder. I've also tried copy and pasting the path into the "Go To Folder..." part of finder but it says the path does not exist (obviously because it must not exist on my version). I'm guessing there might be an alternative but I sure as hell don't know what it is and can't find anything about it recently; All the instructions saying to use \Applications\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\modularstairs.txtv are from 2009 or before so I'm thinking its obviously changed since then/ wasn't written for the Super Collection or I'm just not understanding something!

Also even the recolours of the maxi stairs don't work. When I load up my game and the custom content log shows up it says I have the Numenor_DeckStairs_main.package installed but won't actually let me use it and the instructions for that are just the same as all my other cc that I have working (ie place it in the downloads folder and it should work). I know you need to use the design tool to colour steps individually but when i click on the stairs it says you cannot edit them! But strangely I did get one set of recolours to work but they were for the Simple Structure Staircase but i do not use any of the actual staircases - I mainly use the Connecting stairs section of build mode because I prefer to make multi-level staircases so ideally I'd be perfectly happy with just a simple deck stair recolour but I'm just finding it impossible.

If anyone knows anything about this or knows if it is or isn't possible I'd be super grateful!
Thanks in advance,
Shancy
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th May 2020 at 2:08 PM
Hi @Shancy,

Yes, the locations are a bit different in the Sims 2 Super Collection than they were in the old disk-based game.

I assume as you say you're on MacOS Catalina that you're running version 1.2.4. For that, after doing Show Package Contents on the Sims 2 application you'd find the modularstairs.txt file in /Contents/Assets/TSData/Res/Catalog/Scripts.

(For the older versions of Sims 2 Super Collection it'd be in /Contents/Home/TSData/Res/Catalog/Scripts instead.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2020 at 4:16 PM
Hey @muridae

Oh my goodness thank you so much I thought I'd searched all the folders in search package contents but obviously not! I had a feeling it would be somewhere different with it being the super collection. Finally I can have beautiful stairs
Thanks a billion,
Shancy