Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 8:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default almost all .package files wont show up in my game and Sims3Pack File Generator Tool won't work.
I have been trying to get mods for the Sims 3 for about 3 days now. I've made some progress but it's one problem after the other and I'm not a coder so I can't fix a lot of the issues I come across. For starters, I cannot use mods that come from .package files that you're supposed to just be able to put in packages under mods. I have tried every suggestion from every tutorial and thread on the subject but nothing works, they simply don't show up in my game. The only .package mods that do work are NRaas, so mastercontroller and everything that twallan has do work. However, I'm only looking for custom content specifically skins that make the sims look more realistic. I don't know why any other .package mods just won't work and it makes me wonder if it's a difference in the files themselves. Anyway, I resorted to finding custom content that were .sims3packs instead and those do work. I open the launcher and install them and they're in my game. The issue now is that the custom skins that I'm looking for only come in .package files. So I thought I could find a loophole and turn them into .sims3pack files by downloading the sims3pack File Generator Tool from modthesims. It downloaded fine and I got to work turning the files that I wanted into sims3packs. Then when I try to install them in the launcher, instead of success! I get a pop-up telling me "Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again.". So then I read that the sims3pack File Generator Tool is not updated to the latest patch. So  I followed the instructions ("Open the Generate Tool and go to "Set Sims3Pack File Version". Click "Import from Sims3Pack", and browse to where you downloaded a working sims3pack. Make sure to click "Apply".) and it still didn't fix the problem and I got the same pop-up. And that's where I am, I'm at my wit's end and am about to just give up on having a realistic sims world. I know this a lot but I'm STRUGGLING! I know this seems like a pretty stupid thing to be hung up on but I'm persistent when there's something that I want and it doesn't help that I'm currently unemployed so I have enough time on my hands to care this much. If anybody knows something that I don't, wants to ask me any questions, wants to see any pictures of what I'm seeing, or has anything to suggest I try please, please, please let me know this is one of my favorite games ever and I would love to get to enjoy some custom content. Also I don't care if you answer to this thread super late, I noticed some people will get upset when someone posted to a thread years after it started. If you have something to suggest 5 years after I submit this let me know. Odds are I'm still playing my favorite games and It's not gonna hurt anything. I honestly got this far because of necoposters who came up with something years after a thread started, keep doing what you're doin
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 12:41 PM
agreed with @nitromon. check your mods folder with Delphy's Dashboard to see any problematic packages.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes