Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Yes! Yes! Finished! - Build-A-Curtain Set - Final Update Apr 16 07

by khakidoo Posted 19th Mar 2007 at 5:37 AM - Updated 29th Mar 2014 at 8:14 PM by leefish

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 5:13 PM
Ack! I'm so flabbergasted, I don't know what to say. Except: THIS A WONDERFUL CREATION! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 5:57 PM
Oh. My. Gooshness! I think you've outdone yourself this time. If this isn't a feature soon, the Gods of MTS2 aren't paying attention!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Inventor
#28 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 7:43 PM
Wonderful idea! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Field Researcher
#29 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 8:08 PM
I can't wait to try these! I was just recently trying to decorate an extra-long window and was getting screaming mad that there was no way to do it. Excellent idea! Thank you so much!

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 8:23 PM
Thanks everybody for the comments, And thanks to you shyer folks who didn't comment but still hit the thanks button - I know who you are & It means the world....
I've already started on some more curtains... some little swag valance type things... I'm going to try to put the sizes in the colors with those, like with the rods... otherwise the curtain area in the catalog just might get too cluttered.... thanks again, you guys are the best :lovestruc .... oh and was thinking about making a two story version does anyone think it's worth it?

Subtle In Spades
Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 9:18 PM
Thank you Khakidoo, they are awesome. Splendid idea and thanks so much for sharing

Life is uncertain. Eat the dessert first
Field Researcher
#32 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 11:31 PM
I'm glad to see the other side of the tiebacks are now included. I found the same problem in my game that others did.

What exactly are the "skinny" curtains for? I haven't quite figured out what to do with them.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 2:48 AM
Here's a pic of the full vs. skinny - it's just so you can have it look as tho it was sort of pushed to one side
Screenshots

Subtle In Spades
Instructor
#34 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 5:32 AM
I am female and not often speechless, I am now. You always come up with such clever ideas. Thank you for all the hard work and please....keep it coming. We can never have enough curtains.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 9:01 AM
To quote Bored of the Rings: "We are the chorus, and we agree. We agree, we agree, we agree."

Fabulous idea, brilliantly executed, incredibly useful. Wonderful!

-- Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Field Researcher
#36 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 1:42 PM
Oh yeah Khakidoo, I was just telling myself yesterday that two-story curtains would be so great in this style, so if you make them I think it'll worth it and people will enjoy them, because rare are great two-story curtains ! :D

I already started to use these curtains in my lots, and I think I'll clean up my curtains catalog now cause yours are just perfect ! lol
I'm looking forward the other curtains you're working on too
Keep it up !
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 9:28 PM
Thank you guys.... I'm working on the other curtains, the GUID database has been wonky the last few days, so I'm finishing up some other stuff I started on a while back and when I can register new objects I'll get the curtains posted..

Subtle In Spades
Field Researcher
#38 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 4:59 AM
This is amazing!!! Thank you SO much for making (and sharing!) these wonderful curtains!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 7:57 PM
Perfect For Some Of The Houses I'm Building.....

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 3:10 AM
I usually hit the thanks button but they are just delicious!! Thank-you for sharing.
Instructor
#41 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 3:38 AM
Khaki, they work well, thank you again. Can't wait for the 2 story ones. Just one request please, could some of the straight ones be sheer, please?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 9:13 AM
Thanks for all the latest comments and thanks you guys, for those why may not have noticed yet, the new 2 story add-ons are uploaded... get them thru my profile....

motherspet I do plan on making some sheer ones... but I have to do some learning to be able to .... right now I'm making some recolors for my cabinets, but once that's done I'll start reading up on making stuff sheer....

Subtle In Spades
Instructor
#43 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by khakidoo
motherspet I do plan on making some sheer ones... but I have to do some learning to be able to .... right now I'm making some recolors for my cabinets, but once that's done I'll start reading up on making stuff sheer....

Great, thank you. In the meantime I am having lots of fun with the other ones.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 10:28 AM
If anybody's got pics of stuff they did with these I'd love to see

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 10:47 AM
I was just thinking: "I need more Curtains", when I saw this...

Thank you! They are great!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 9:38 PM Last edited by platinum : 31st Mar 2007 at 9:43 PM.
Brilliantly made
Truly astounding work!
Being able to layer them with a full drape and café curtain
behind is so fantastic. The combination of your masterful work is endless.
All nicely put together in three ingenious packages`
Thank you so much…

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 12:47 AM
Thanks NH1 and Platinum

And also I've added the sheer recolors and some finials for your rods - there's a link at the top- or go thru my profile

Subtle In Spades
Instructor
#48 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 3:45 AM
Khaki, thank you so much for the sheer ones. Fast learned and well done. Just one thing, are you aware that they don't "fold down" whith the walls?
Field Researcher
#49 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 7:27 AM
I really love this set. Thank you!!!

Alia vel Margierytka
Field Researcher
#50 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 12:51 AM
this is great, useful, gorgeous! thanks so much! <3

*waves hi*
Page 2 of 4