Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 Studios - A Sims 2 Machinima Production Tool

by ceedj Posted 1st Nov 2005 at 3:41 PM - Updated 16th Dec 2008 at 1:25 PM by -Maylin-

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 125 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
#26 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 5:31 PM
I want to try this, but am reluctant Don't want to risk messing up my sims 2 game. But once this is out of beta, I'm all over it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 4:46 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. It's only in BETA because it's not done. Once I get all teh takly stuff in, I'll upgrade it to a release.

Once again, these are ONLY ANIMATIONS. They won't affect your game one way or another.

Peer pressure. Gotta love it.
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 3:17 AM
:bandit: Alright. (Btw, I know it won't mess with my saved games, but I was talking about, like, the game itself... You know?) Lol, anyway, I'll get it soon then. :nod:
Instructor
#29 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 10:13 AM
This sounds very interesting. Thankyou for sharing your work.
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 4:45 PM
This is brilliant. I am working on a series which i will try and release soon.

When is the next update btw?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#31 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 5:35 PM
Looks good. This should help a lot of people. Can't wait for the movies.
:popcorn:

yadal, he was planing to update it last weekend.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ceedj
Hmmm. That's odd, since all the animation calls for Aspiration are from objects.package... did you do anything funky with objects.package? And do any of the other menu choices come up?

To everyone else, THANK YOU. I'm glad it's working out. On the programming side, I'm getting more learned in "how things work" (thank GOD I figured out GTA coding a few months ago). If I have some time tonight, I'll try to finish off the "face loops" code I've been working on.

Look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey. :monkey:

I did not do anything to the objects.package. maybe is just because that I'm using Nightlife or maybe because I'm using the Portuguese one....

Catarininha_94
Lab Assistant

Oh my! But I never put a download in here!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 2:33 AM
Wow, that's awesome!! Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 2:55 PM
Very sorry for the lack of updates. It always seems that when I plan something, something else jumps in the way. This week it was finally shooting PEDS episodes 9 and 10 (should be out by Friday, BTW). I'm also in the middle of writing the script for the season finale, and there's a printers trade show in Toronto this week that I need to go to. More PEDS filiming this weekend (if I'm lucky, I can knock out episodes 11 and 12), so hopefully I can work on THIS at the beginning of next week. Also if there are any other Portuguese users of this mod, please chime in here; I'd like to help Catarininha_94 get this running as well.

Thanks again for the support. Remember, NEW PEDS EPISODES THIS WEEKEND.

I hope
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 7:17 PM
Very interesting. I have been trying to think up a good request and this never crossed my mind. Excellent work. I had always wondered how "filmers" could stand the wait for some scene to take place to film it. There are, of course, other ways, but this makes it quicker and less trouble. Very nice.

Some people are like Slinkies, they have no apparent useful function but always manage to bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of steps.
Test Subject
#36 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 2:36 PM
The only thing I have a problem with is the fact that it over powers the box mesh of the Paul's Reaction Tester. I miss that old box...
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 2:37 PM
I wish I never downloaded it... :'(
Test Subject
#38 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 6:53 PM
Im killing myself waiting for the next one, this is brilliant
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 2:54 AM
ceedj: i think this sounds neat, but i want to ask you what did you mean... saying>>Delete the old file before installing the new.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#40 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 6:33 AM
He says to remove the old version before you install the new.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 4:29 PM
ceedj:Dif you have a nother version of machinima tool out there somewhere, before you posted this new one, and is that the version your saying to unistall. if so i never got the first version, so i guess all i will have to do is install this version right...Please let me know asp. Thanks......
Test Subject
#42 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 5:00 PM
if you didn't download the first one he posted its fine if you did, then delete it and download this one
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yadal
if you didn't download the first one he posted its fine if you did, then delete it and download this one

Thank you Yadal :lovestruc
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 8:51 AM
Anytime
Test Subject
#45 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 10:08 AM
Does this replace the original Pual's Reaction Tester?

Psh...
Test Subject
#46 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 8:16 PM
No it doesn't
#47 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:39 PM
thanxxxxx
wow, thank u for the wirk and for sharing.
#48 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 12:40 PM
thanxxxxx
wow, thank u for the work and for sharing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 11:09 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates - someone FINALLY built a hook for San Andreas, so I've been feverishly working on San An Studios for my GTA Studios series. I will be doing more work on this, but probably not until the new year, as the tool as it is happens to be pretty functional. I've actually coded most of the facial expressions, but I can't figure where the loop points are, so looping them looks really silly. SimPE keeps crashing on me too, lessening my enthusiasm for doing this. In any case, I'm glad it's working for all of you, and I'll be getting back to it soon.

@ KiwiSaFaRi - I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it, but you can always delete it, no?
Test Subject
#50 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 7:24 PM
I am very much looking forward to it

I have postponed my series in anticipation of the next tool update
Page 2 of 6