Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 9:28 PM
Thanks...I know it's hard to find things...and it should also fit the simmies.

They need a fridge, and they need a counter etc...

I havent really been able to find a real photo of how they where cooking, but I guess they did it inside the Tipis? Wich the simmies can not...

Hmm, wich original release are you thinking of? Do you mean where I found those Tipis?
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 9:31 PM
I'd like to join in for the project too
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:51 AM
Nohan -
I meant the first installment of N8iveSims. I built most of the pre-1990 lots. I hid a stove in the fireplace -- not perfect, or even an authentic fireplace but it at least looked more appropriate than an electric stove. The fridge is just an earthy recolor -- the sunken fridges/root cellar style you used in your Sims Crossing lots was a nice choice. I'm hoping this time that we have enough meshing skills in the group to make more authentic choices.

Fresh Prince -- Catch me while I do a fan-girl swoon. In a few, I'll log in as N8iveSims & get you an invite to the group if Porky hasn't all ready.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 12:36 PM
Ah, ok bluetexasbonnie...

And thanks! I am looking for inspiration and creative ideas everywhere.

I can not use the Sim Stones things since I am uploading at another site...so I have to find other thingys
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 2:42 PM
We were hoping you would also be doing some N8iveSims lots (or other creative activities) here.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 3:40 PM Last edited by Nohan : 17th Jan 2009 at 8:22 AM.
I would love to but I have too little time at the moment...I am sorry.

But I am used to look at the policy and I was just thinking ahead and not only for this project
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
I'd like to join in for the project too

WEEEE!!! Fresh-Prinz iz in da houz!

Imma gonna put you on making the one and only, genuine and famous, One-Eyed-Ford!

Welcome!

~porkypine
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by N8iveSims
Turtle Island Project by N8iveSims Mod Group

Welcome! ~porkypine here The N8iveSims Mod Group is a group of creators who will bring American Indian themed content to the Sims 2 Community via the Turtle Island Project. Many of us are American Indian from various tribes, but there are also people from other nations and cultures in our Mod Group. We are truly a international group. Our MOD group is open to any one in the world who has an interest in helping us build content for this HUGE theme. Interested in joining our MOD group? Join today! :D

You don't have to be an expert. You can even be a beginner, but you are expected to learn and turn out your best efforts in this collaborative effort. All items created and published by this Mod group are expected to be as authentic as possible.

Creators are welcome to join our team and make just one item or many. If you do not know how to make items but you have good resources for the project, you may also join this group. You may come or go at will. We realize that people have a real life too. The only thing we ask is that you respect the intent of this group which is to create as authentic as it is possible to make, American Indian stuff for the Sims2 game.

Please realize that any items created by and released under this mod group name will be available for recolors. Any meshes created by this Mod group will be allowed to be included in lot uploads to free sites. If you feel that you do not want to share your items with the broader sims2 community and want to keep personal ownership and control over the items you've made, you may publish them under your own name, not the N8iveSims mod group name.

The Premiere release was 'The Seminole'. Future collaborative projects for the Turtle Island Project may be of any size and for any tribe. Every release will contain items that are specific to any of the tribes from Turtle Island. Mod group members are welcome to work on a specific tribe or region of their choosing and they may release items at will once approved by the Mod group team leaders. All items released in the project will also have the usernames of the individual creators so our downloaders will know who made which item. :D

Thank you for your interest and we welcome all interested people. :D

At this time, the N8iveSims Mod Group team leaders are porkypine and bluetexasbonnie. All questions should be directed to them. N8iveSims is just the Mod Group publishing name.

The actual modding section will be private because we don't want to spill the beans about our publications nor do we want to allow people to download stuff when it's not ready for download. We have to bug check it first.

All people interested in creating stuff please post here with a short listing of your interests and skills and we will get you added to the group.

NOTE: You may make requests here but we require pictures of what you would like for us to create. We do not promise that we can make them or if we do decide to work on something, we do not promise a completion date. It all depends on if we have a creator interested in making your item. We're in this for fun and education. Requests must have good descriptions and images. Requests for non-N8iveSims type items will be promptly deleted.

The team members who worked on the premiere Seminole Release are:

alej_r_b(Pandrito) - Object and hair meshes
alexarosa - clothing recolors
alex_stanton1983 - Tropical plant mesh creator
bluetexasbonnie - Lot maker
Bubby bob - BHAVs
buggybooz - meshes
CrowsMan - funky old style houses
DLMulsow - rugs, textures and paintings
dragonarts - Object mesher
EveZ - Sim maker
Fresh-Prince - Rez Rockets and other fun things
Ghengisjohn - meshes
hexameter - Horse meshes and horse 'cars'
HugeLunatic - object recolors
KevinsHope - Hammock maker and maybe other things too. :0)
lindawing - Turtle island neighborhood builder and neighborhood community host
Maffers87 - Sim Builder
MizzesSimmer - resource locater, meshes and kid approved tester
Mollypup - recolors, meshes
porkypine - clothing and object mesh maker, recolors and lot builder
Reyn - Object meshes and recolors
skye - Sim maker, recolors, walls
TigerlillyAJE - resource locater, recolors

im in (if you want) i can make peoples (sorry my bad english)

gal = get a life
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 8:49 PM
Hi ulpukka! Welcome to the team. When you receive your invitation, please look at the sims section. Any of the sims that we will release will be built to look as if they were a member of a specific tribe. We are not in a hurry to push out a bunch of sims, what we want to do is create true-to-type sims you can't find anywhere else. It's a tough job. Thanks for joining. :D

We are still working on getting the forum fixed up so please be patient while we get some 'models' uploaded. :D
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by N8iveSims
Hi ulpukka! Welcome to the team. When you receive your invitation, please look at the sims section. Any of the sims that we will release will be built to look as if they were a member of a specific tribe. We are not in a hurry to push out a bunch of sims, what we want to do is create true-to-type sims you can't find anywhere else. It's a tough job. Thanks for joining. :D

We are still working on getting the forum fixed up so please be patient while we get some 'models' uploaded. :D

ok. i can do some wild animals :D

gal = get a life
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 3:35 PM
Cool. What kind of animals were you thinking of?

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#62 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 5:04 AM
I'd like to see
Buffalo
Elk
Deer
Antelope
Grizzly bear
black bear
polar bear
Cougar/puma/panther
lynx
bobcat
Eagles
Red-tailed hawks
heron
beaver
muskrats
We can make the Pets German shephards into wolves and use the game's skunk..
There's so many things to make~! :D
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 2:06 PM
Is this the turtle island you mean? http://www.turtlefiji.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 4:32 PM
No, this one is more perfect because it also includes Texas.

Quick intro to Turtle Island.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#65 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
.... is more perfect because it... includes Texas.

Hey! I thought Texas was it's own country? :D
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 2:44 AM

Texas is a state of mind.

Inventor
#67 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 5:14 PM
Fair warning - until mid february, I'm going to be pretty worthless most days. My wisdom teeth are all severely impacted and I can't get in for surgery until the 6th. And with my age and diabetes, the surgeon does not think it will be fast recovery.

Oh, and there are foxes already done and on mts2 Those are wild too.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#68 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 3:07 AM
Ouch! Take care of yourself. Dental stuff is no fun at all! No hurry to get started. I am just now starting to work on the Nez Perce hairstyle. Even if you aren't working on stuff fast, maybe you have some ideas on what you want to do?
Inventor
#69 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 6:49 PM
Well, eventually, I want to try again on that canoe. And I'd like to figure out how to make seasons comp. trees to make some trees appropriate for the different regions, and of an appropriate size, since EA failed in that regard.

Otherwise, I'm open to working on whatever is needed that is in my abilities.

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#70 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 1:21 AM
Kewl! Plants and the canoe is great!

Here's some plants that we'll want to use on the various lots:
Quaking aspen
Lodgepole pines - check corvidophiles lodgepoels first. We don't want to duplicate stuff already out there.
white pine
yellow pine
Oak trees
Tules
cottonwoods
red cedar (flat fan)
sweet grass
sedge grasses
wild rice
prarie turnips
camas
yamp (wild carrots)
big sage brush
yucca

note: a lot of the flowering bushes overall have white flowers up in the mountain area of Idaho. (see Cascade area on map of Idaho) The open meadows seem majority of yellow flowers. Up close, the small flowers are pretty purples and blues and pinks.
Inventor
#71 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 6:20 PM
Seems that way around here too - meadows tend to go more golden shades, while hilly areas and heavily forested areas tend towards white or very pale pastels. I'm sure there is a really good reason for it, having to do with attracting bees and other pollencarrying critters.

Inventor
#72 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 8:00 PM
And I think I'll be laid up a bit longer - I'm thinking of lodging a formal complaint with my genes - my jaw was so delicate and thin, and my tooth so large that my jaw is broke - but I haz a laptop to keep me amused.

Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 8:48 PM
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#74 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 1:39 AM
Ouch Reyn! Your jaw broke? That's awful! Please take care of yourself and take calcium supplements.
Inventor
#75 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 11:33 PM
I am - drinking ensure since can't eat properly, including the calcium chocolate - friday I'll get a plate put in - and after that, i'll just need to be careful with chewy stuff for a few weeks.

Not being able to talk properly for a month and a half is bad for me, or I'd jst stay wired and let it heal naturally.

Page 3 of 4