Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spitballs and Glue: School Doesn't Tank Fun

by Nysha Posted 15th Jul 2011 at 1:38 AM - Updated 8th Aug 2011 at 8:00 PM by whiterider

128 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 89 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#26 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 9:47 PM
Thank you for thinking of this! You are so right - school can be fun! After all, this is where kids get to play with other kids!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:02 PM
I never noticed that the bar goes red after the sim goes to school. lol I use the insiminator so I don't ahve to worry about any of that kinda meter stuff
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:29 AM
What a great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:43 AM
This looks awesome - can't wait to have it in my game. It'd be nifty if the effects on the 'fun' meter were based off the Sims personality - i.e., serious sims had fun at school, while the others would decrease slightly/severely depending on how their points were split.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:38 AM
I would love if there was a version someone made with chance cards that happened infrequently, and your sim-kid would either come home in a great mood, or a horrible mood, depending on what happened... And have neutrality be the default.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#31 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:49 AM
whiterider, you are my hero. I was so sick of having to either adjust moods with boolprop or having the idiots skip homework, which kills their grades with the harder grades mod. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Instructor
#32 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 2:41 AM
Wonderful! This is long overdue
Instructor
THANKS POST
#33 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 3:01 AM
A great idea. Thank You so much for this. I know my sim kiddoes will definitely thank you too I, too, think it would be cool if it were random which mood kids came home in. Or perhaps more serious kids might get a fun boost and more lazy kids have their fun tank. Just an idea. But thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#34 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 9:52 AM
This is GOLD!!! One of the reasons I don't really like Sim kids is that on school days it's a chore to rise their fun meter up before school so that it won't be very low once they get home, and then again rise it up later so that kids won't refuse to do their homework. Once it's done and homework is done too, it's time for bed, the kids' energy is in the red! No fun at all. But not anymore with your awesome mod!
Thank you, thank you!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:22 AM
I've never really thought about it until now... Maybe that's because I always send my children straight to the TV after school or they will refuse to do their homework... Now they won't do that anymore! Thanks!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:39 AM
Oooh, I may have to snag this. I'm doing a sort of ISBI and have the 'do your homework at 7pm' mod, but half the time they say no because they had the fun sucked out at school.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#37 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:51 PM
Thank you so much, I found it annoying playing kids, but not so much anymore. <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#38 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:52 PM
Wow, I love you right now. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 3:27 PM
i have to say this is absolutely one of the best and most useful creation i've seen!!! i always hate struggling to make the sims "happy" again. thank you so much for this awesome creation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 7:33 PM
This is great, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 7:49 PM
Thanks for making this! I always hated playing sim kids because of that mood drop after school.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#42 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:13 AM
My fun need is in the red every day when I come home from school lol. So I have to have fun before doing my chores/homework. It's an incredibly useful mod though--good work!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Adia
This looks awesome - can't wait to have it in my game. It'd be nifty if the effects on the 'fun' meter were based off the Sims personality - i.e., serious sims had fun at school, while the others would decrease slightly/severely depending on how their points were split.

Actually, I noticed that the game already does this. Once I had a pair of twins, one serious the other very playful. Upon coming home from school, the serious one would have her fun bar maxed out, while her sister was in the red.

I'm still downloading this though. No one should have that much fun or be that tortured in school!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:42 AM
Very useful, thanks! For for my own use, I shall do the same as CatOfEvilGenius, and tweak it for school to reduce fun just a little - thanks for the tip on how to do that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 12:10 PM
thanks thats awsome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 7:07 PM
this is an awesome idea! i love school, mainly cause im a straight A student, XD so thank you so much, it helps my sims do there homework more often.
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 7:44 PM
Great idea but I don't think i'll be downloading it. If I am correct, most people just use thhe maxmotives cheat. It works for me. But you know some people are just so lazy they don't wanna have to keep typing it in so this mod has some use to it. Good Job
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:25 PM
Excellent, didn't realise I needed this until I saw it. Thanks!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#49 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:42 PM
I love this and have downloaded it to try it out because I find it ridiculous that kids have to waste so much after-school time. But I do have one "worry:" For some kids (really serious ones, I believe, but I've never done a full study), their fun meter actually goes up at school (and while doing homework). I've come to rely on that, sending them off not having fun, and having them come home happy. So, this will change that, if I use the "no change" version...but I'm not sure I want to have all kids have all kinds of fun at school, so I don't know if I want to use the "happy" version. So...meh. I downloaded both versions, and I guess I'll just have to see which one I like better. Thanks so much for this!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 11:34 PM
This isn't something I have really considered much, because my sims rarely have their fun bottomed out when they come home from school. I usually send them straight to their homework when they get off school and most of the time they'll do it. My kids tend to have their fun maxed out much of the time. Not my teens. They usually are exhausted from looking after toddler siblings while mom and dad are at work. But my kids definitely usually have their fun maxed out when they head to school . . . got to rack up those A+ and you can't do that if they go to school in a bad mood.

That aside, this sounds like a marvelous mod. It's not for me based off of how I play my game, but it definitely is needful for some. Wonderful job.
Page 2 of 6