Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2751 Old 23rd Oct 2022 at 2:02 PM
Thanks for your lovely comment, @AndrewGloria , I'm glad Bub brought back some nice memories for you!
Yes, times have changed and thankfully by the time my little one was born, we knew enough not to smoke around her. Or have a lit cigarette centimetres from the baby's head as Wende did!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2752 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 8:44 PM

In this household, nannies who nearly get the toddler taken away because he's not fed properly, face the consequences. Hope you like your new look, Griselda!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2753 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 11:19 PM
Here's Alpine Valley with the pond and ocean water Mods installed.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2754 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 11:33 PM
@AnMal I love her!
@TadOlson Looks pretty!

Random pics from this week:

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2755 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 4:52 AM
@simsample _Thanks!I lnew it was going to end up being EA that ruined the quiality of the town's appearnance with changing a setting in a patch for a later exmapsion or in the expasnion itself.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2756 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 9:35 AM Last edited by simsample : 26th Oct 2022 at 10:19 AM.
@TadOlson I think I mentioned before that you should start a thread in the Help forum about your graphics- the grass and water appearance is set to low because your graphics chip isn't correctly recognised by the game. We could probably get it looking nicer for you!

Edit: Oh, I see you've done it! Brilliant!
https://modthesims.info/showthread....438#post5860438
Instructor
#2757 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 3:13 PM
@TadOlson: The place is looking beautiful now! My computer can't really handle the water mods, so I envy you a little bit. Just a little bit, in all friendliness! :P
@SimSample: I have to admit I do to. But it's meant as a punishment!
Mad Poster
#2758 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 7:06 PM
@AnMal -I used to be in that position on my old XP machine and my ten year old Windows 7 laptop is highly over powered for even TS3 and I've overloaded both TS2 and TS3 with way too many Mods and way more CC than most and my computer still handles the game easily.
@Simsample -I figured out how to fix the issue when the instructions given wouldn't work and seemed to be outdated.I still might start a help rthread for anybody else trying to do the same thing and having trouble making it work.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2759 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 1:42 AM
Forum Resident
#2760 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 7:57 PM
@simsample I don't know why I also have a fascination with that family of Sims 1 XD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2761 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 8:41 PM
@Solisims Me too! I was collecting CC to put them in my old neighbourhood, but then i was inspired to build a new one so they found themselves in the desert! I was amazed at how much Sims 1 content has been remade for Sims 2- here I have the wallpapers, floors, small bed, chair and table, all ready made for me!

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2762 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 2:10 AM
I was adding a few new CC items to my two lots in my Pleasantview game today.The homestead got transport for the risdents.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2763 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 3:00 PM
Some bugs escaped!

Screenshots
Instructor
#2764 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 12:14 AM
Good heavens, are the roaches that colourful? I avoid looking at them close up because I have a serious phobia of creepy crawlies, so I really wouldn't know of those are ordinary, vanilla roaches or not!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2765 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 8:53 AM Last edited by simsample : 19th Nov 2022 at 3:05 PM.
@AnMal They aren't roaches, they are more colourful- they seem to appear at night, at random, if you have the bugbox on the wall. I always check the bugbox after I've seen these to see if any of the insects in the bugbox are missing, but so far the number of bugs collected has always been the same. Not sure if there's a small chance that when you see these, one of your bugs could escape or not but I've not had it happen. You can't click on the escaped bugs to stomp on them or spray them like normal roaches, and if you call an exterminator they don't find anything. If you have the PIP window active, it will pop up when you get these- that's how I always notice them!

EDIT: Correction to this post-
https://modthesims.info/showthread....840#post5863840
Field Researcher
#2766 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 11:02 PM
Some pretty pictures from my neighborhood that I love sm
Instructor
#2767 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 7:36 AM
@Laura Pamplona: your pictures are so good. They really make your neighbourhood come alive!

@Simsample: Wow!! I had no idea! Another one of those things that still surprise me about the game after nearly two decades.
Field Researcher
#2768 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 6:22 PM
@AnMal Thank you! I love this neighborhood so much!

@simsample I also had no idea about the colorful bugs! I thought you'd replaced the roaches with rainbow ones! Guess I haven't played much with sims who enjoy collecting bugs.
Field Researcher
#2769 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 6:49 PM
Alot is going on

Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2770 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 4:42 PM
@KiraNettt I think the rainbow police have arrived to take back some of the colours your cats have stolen!

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2771 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 2:34 AM
I'm here cutting onions. This is the spot where Zach and Olivia got married, in Zach's parents' yard.

And here he is, as an elder and long after Olivia died (tragically trying to fix the dishwasher...), pulling out the weeds of his favorite spot.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2772 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 3:03 PM
Re: the colourful roaches in this post:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....270#post5862270

It seems that you can stomp or spray them after all- that is, if you have a sim awake! I just happened to have a PIP pop up when my elder sim was suffering from insomnia, and she could spray them- so my previous assumption that they couldn't be clicked must have come from everyone being asleep. So here's what I know:
-The bugs are more colourful than roaches, even with the light on.
-Sims can spray or stomp them if they are awake
-They always appear in the same room as a bug box. (I do have insects in jars too, but pretty sure I had them appear with just bug boxes too).
-You get a PIP pop-up if you have that enabled in game options
-They always appear at night and after a few hours, they vanish- and always seem to be gone by dawn.
-So far I haven't found that the number of insects in the bug-box decreases, even if you kill them
-They can appear even if you don't have stinky plates/ rubbish

My sim sprayed them, and then checked the bug box for insect numbers. Whilst she was doing that, the dead bugs vanished from the floor.

Has anyone else seen these? I don't have any mods that relate to insect hunting, but I do have a lot of mods so...
Screenshots
Scholar
#2773 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 8:42 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 23rd Nov 2022 at 9:00 AM.
Highbrow, Cyclops, Blindsight, Long-drop, teddy-ears, toddler-too-tall (this had to be my 1,000th post didn't it...)
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2774 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 2:52 AM
It looks like my first Pleasantview colonial settlers are starting to rake in the cash with a hacked pinball reward.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2775 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 10:18 AM
Wow @TadOlson I wish I could win that much on pinball!
Page 111 of 120