Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#76 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 12:29 AM
My doctor is currently having a pretty nice time with her subjects. Her son was sent off for a total of 17,000 because he had 4 highly desired traits, and a degree. All subjects but two were great, one was a werewolf and one was evil so I kicked them out But, at the moment we have 3 very promising subjects and a toddler with two good traits already.

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 2:31 PM
I just finished Doomsday pt 1 and realized, reading through the rules of part 2, that if you use the PortraitPanel mod, you have to change the settings to "General ----> Show Known Info --> FALSE" (default is true) because otherwise you will see the traits when you hover over a portrait on the panel. Which you basically can't avoid.

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
I love that it's in a basement. I admit though, I am super, super jealous of those fancy University machines you have.

The university additions do not offer very munch bonuses!( you cannot change traits only with special events and i don't think cloning is accepted ).
Test Subject
#79 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:34 PM
This is the best challenge I`ve ever seen. Not hardest, but most interesting. Also, it`s original and the idea is brilliant. Anyway, can you please give us a link for your lot? I`m too lazy to build one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalMetalJessie
This is the best challenge I`ve ever seen. Not hardest, but most interesting. Also, it`s original and the idea is brilliant. Anyway, can you please give us a link for your lot? I`m too lazy to build one.

Here is the building I started out with and then modified it for the challenge:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=2177754
Test Subject
#81 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 12:48 AM Last edited by mygreeneyes : 18th Oct 2014 at 1:04 AM. Reason: Forgot something
9. When your doctor is not actively working with a subject, the subject should be set to high free will and left to take care of their own needs. For example, if a meal is presented to them and they choose not to eat it, do not direct them to do so. The only time you can give them direction to take care of needs is during the physical and psychological exam.

So do we just set the food on the counter then? What about the people who are on special diets? How do you separate them?

Also, when a subject is accepted to go to the colony, what do we do with them? Should we just put them back into the town or delete them?
Instructor
#82 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mygreeneyes
9. When your doctor is not actively working with a subject, the subject should be set to high free will and left to take care of their own needs. For example, if a meal is presented to them and they choose not to eat it, do not direct them to do so. The only time you can give them direction to take care of needs is during the physical and psychological exam.

So do we just set the food on the counter then? What about the people who are on special diets? How do you separate them?

Also, when a subject is accepted to go to the colony, what do we do with them? Should we just put them back into the town or delete them?

If you have an open dining area, then yes, just set the food on the counter. If you choose to not have an open rec are like that, just put a table + chair in their quarters and set the food on that. People on special diets because of an illness, should be kept away from everyone else, so set it anywhere in their room. If someone is on a Lite/Pregnancy diet, that means, in my game at least, everyone goes on the diet. One person gets a salad, everyone gets a salad.

I just deleted whoever went through the Institute just to insure I don't accidentally add them again in the future.
Test Subject
#83 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
If you have an open dining area, then yes, just set the food on the counter. If you choose to not have an open rec are like that, just put a table + chair in their quarters and set the food on that. People on special diets because of an illness, should be kept away from everyone else, so set it anywhere in their room. If someone is on a Lite/Pregnancy diet, that means, in my game at least, everyone goes on the diet. One person gets a salad, everyone gets a salad.

I just deleted whoever went through the Institute just to insure I don't accidentally add them again in the future.

Thanks I actually just read through again and it says to transfer them to a holding lot so I'm assuming it's for pt 3. There's so much to this that I've had to take quite awhile just to get it all set up. I'm dying to just play! lol I'm sure once I get going for a couple days, it'll come together easier.
Test Subject
#84 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:11 AM
So I finally started playing after almost a week of just prepping everything and the first couple that came in, whom were apparently newly pregnant, both had the virus!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mygreeneyes
So I finally started playing after almost a week of just prepping everything and the first couple that came in, whom were apparently newly pregnant, both had the virus!

Lord this makes me want to play this challenge again!

For those of you who liked it, I've decided to do three parts to Aliens Among us and part 2 (the one coming up) has a similar aspect to this. Not the same, but it has elements.
Test Subject
#86 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 2:29 PM
So I continued on and as I said I had a newly pregnant couple come and die on the first day. I then had a single man who died, a single woman died, two more pregnant couples where only the husbands survived but were put into ICU and then finally a family with a baby and child-the mom died and the baby and child were put into ICU. So out of 13 people only 5 were admitted with four of them being in ICU. But then on the second day, the baby died. This virus is sooooo harsh and unforgiving. :O
Test Subject
#87 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 2:04 AM
I made a high security, high isolation facility called New Beginning by Iso-Corp if anyone would like to use it, it's on the exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=8470859

I used http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=2177754 as a starting point for the main floor but then did ALOT of work renovating, adding three basement floors. The main floor has an enclosed nurses station, waiting room, men's washroom, women's washroom, doctor's office, exam room and an elevator to go down to B1. On B1 there is an ICU, a pediatrics ICU, physical exam room, psychological exam room, an assessment room, a small kitchen area to prepare meals for the ICU units and a second elevator to go down to the other floors. On B2 there is an industrial kitchen with a large dining area, a large common room, large gym and six-2 bedroom separate living units for families. And finally, on B3 there is a large meeting room and a full apartment with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, eat in kitchen, living room and separate gym for staff members. There are doors EVERYWHERE so you MUST have clearance to go anywhere!

I didn't put any trees on the property when I uploaded it to the exchange so the property looks sparse as it's mostly underground and there may be a few small things I might have missed doing but it's pretty much good to go
Test Subject
#88 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 11:15 PM
Default My Iso-Corp Unit
I just started this challenge yesterday, and the clinic i made was absolute rubbish So i just spent 2 hours on a new one. And i think that it's okay
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#89 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
1. On Day 1, each potential colonist (henceforth referred to as "subject") must be introduced to the Unit in 100% isolation. Risk of cross-contamination is high at CIU onset and your responsibility is to preserve the reputation of Iso-Corp. If subjects are permitted to co-occupy the same room before the isolation process, they must be quarantined and the error kept confidential. Such instances in your report at the end of the week will be looked upn as highly unfavorable.

I am still finishing up my doomsday countdown, but I wanted to get at head start building for this challenge. There is this implication that they are supposed to be isolated from each other immediately and it seems like this will affect my lobby. All I can think is that unless I add them one at a time they will be near each other when they arrive on the lot. So when do I have to start worrying about isolating them? Do I just worry bout it as soon as possible? Or the second they enter the building? Or am I just completely misunderstanding this part of the challenge?

Also any other tips for building or playing this are appreciated. It sounds very detail oriented. My planned doctor(if he survives) is perceptive which will apparently be even more helpful then I thought according to an earlier post.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 9:02 AM
For the time being I am building with the assumption they are free to mingle within the lobby/waiting room until they are admitted, but not after baring situations mentioned in challenge rules. I figure resources are scarse(sp?) so they were probably not isolated on the transport vehicles due to a need to carpool essentially, and they certainly weren't before. So until admitted they wouldn't care so much.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 9th May 2015 at 6:55 PM
Alright, I'm coming back again. I just finished Countdown and have decided to start this with my sim. Sadly University never really works for me anymore so I will have to leave the college alone. I will however spend a week or two with aging paused and allow her, her time to level up her skills. I am excited to get Kimmy moving along with her life and doing awesome things in this challenge. Along with trying to put her children through to the colony. If you didn't know from Countdown I love these challenges and actually was very close to failing, but my little Kimmy prevailed and, along with her triplets, is hoping to do great things. Her triplets were 2 boys and a girl. Maybe they'll all make it to the colony, who knows!

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Field Researcher
#92 Old 9th May 2015 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Alright, I'm coming back again. I just finished Countdown and have decided to start this with my sim. Sadly University never really works for me anymore so I will have to leave the college alone. I will however spend a week or two with aging paused and allow her, her time to level up her skills. I am excited to get Kimmy moving along with her life and doing awesome things in this challenge. Along with trying to put her children through to the colony. If you didn't know from Countdown I love these challenges and actually was very close to failing, but my little Kimmy prevailed and, along with her triplets, is hoping to do great things. Her triplets were 2 boys and a girl. Maybe they'll all make it to the colony, who knows!

So what you're saying is I should temporarily side bar the Freedom's Call I just started so that I can join you over here, right? I mean just so you're not all by your lonesome. This board is pretty ghost town lately you know.
Okay you twisted my arm...

I built a HUGE facility for this. It's probably waaay too expensive and will bog down my game, but I'll try it anyways...

Debating. Should I split the family into two save files now or wait till his siblings flung out of the unit...
Field Researcher
#93 Old 9th May 2015 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
So what you're saying is I should temporarily side bar the Freedom's Call I just started so that I can join you over here, right? I mean just so you're not all by your lonesome. This board is pretty ghost town lately you know.
Okay you twisted my arm...

I built a HUGE facility for this. It's probably waaay too expensive and will bog down my game, but I'll try it anyways...

Debating. Should I split the family into two save files now or wait till his siblings flung out of the unit...

Lol, well I'm glad to have somebody else over here too! I actually have two save files but to be fair, my Kimmy has no siblings. The first ones she has in her unit are her three kids (I have to make an assistant along with my own facility. I'd say add the siblings into the bin and take it over to the other save. Just put everybody you want to keep into the bin, insert them into the other save somewhere, and then bam, just gotta get 'em in and out of your unit wherever you feel fit lol.

Field Researcher
#94 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:01 PM
Lol, well I'm glad to have somebody else over here too! I actually have two save files but to be fair, my Kimmy has no siblings. The first ones she has in her unit are her three kids (I have to make an assistant along with my own facility. I'd say add the siblings into the bin and take it over to the other save. Just put everybody you want to keep into the bin, insert them into the other save somewhere, and then bam, just gotta get 'em in and out of your unit wherever you feel fit lol.

I think I will take them all. If they don't flunk out after all then I will just start devastation, when I get to it, with new sims. For now, the tedium college awaits me!
By the way, do you know if I am supposed to send the assistant to college too? I'm thinking probably not, but it would give them time to pick up potions as well.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 10th May 2015 at 5:04 PM
I think I will take them all. If they don't flunk out after all then I will just start devastation, when I get to it, with new sims. For now, the tedium college awaits me!
By the way, do you know if I am supposed to send the assistant to college too? I'm thinking probably not, but it would give them time to pick up potions as well.

It doesn't say, but I would. I can't send them to university because my game is bugged with it (it makes me start/create some new household and move them in) so I just put on needs static for a week, along with cancelling aging (it also kept the triplets as infants and non-distracting as though they weren't around) and let them level their skills and read, it's basically just time to level their skills so it's good to use. My sims now have nearly mastered what they need (assistant has mastered handiness and has 5 points in cooking, doctor has 9 science, 8 gardening, 8 logic + a few other old skills) so I am about to start the real challenge soon.
Here is my overly huge Unit...
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#96 Old 10th May 2015 at 6:00 PM
It doesn't say, but I would. I can't send them to university because my game is bugged with it (it makes me start/create some new household and move them in) so I just put on needs static for a week, along with cancelling aging (it also kept the triplets as infants and non-distracting as though they weren't around) and let them level their skills and read, it's basically just time to level their skills so it's good to use. My sims now have nearly mastered what they need (assistant has mastered handiness and has 5 points in cooking, doctor has 9 science, 8 gardening, 8 logic + a few other old skills) so I am about to start the real challenge soon.
Here is my overly huge Unit...

Dear god you gave them washing machines! So much extra woooork... I don't know if I could function with laundry. But then again you've done this before, and I've only done a trial week to test my facility.

I should get some pictures of my facility to post when I get done with college. I only played two days and so far Remmy's roommates torched the kitchen in the middle of the night. I wish I had gotten pictures. It took all night to put out b/c it took me so long to get to it and the firefighter took so long getting there that half the kitchen was on fire. Two roommates caught fire and one of them died. Remmy did not go to classes that day, or work on skilling up. At least I got him a head start before countdown ended.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:43 PM
Dear god you gave them washing machines! So much extra woooork... I don't know if I could function with laundry. But then again you've done this before, and I've only done a trial week to test my facility.

I should get some pictures of my facility to post when I get done with college. I only played two days and so far Remmy's roommates torched the kitchen in the middle of the night. I wish I had gotten pictures. It took all night to put out b/c it took me so long to get to it and the firefighter took so long getting there that half the kitchen was on fire. Two roommates caught fire and one of them died. Remmy did not go to classes that day, or work on skilling up. At least I got him a head start before countdown ended.

Well, that sucks about that, uh, fire and death... I really considered not using laundry. I haven't exactly used them, other than a single load from a single basket. I just sorta gave up. I need to get rid of it, actually. There would be lots of laundry to do and not even close to enough time of the day (especially with the amount of work my assistant currently has to do. Also there is a bit of a love affair going on around my Unit. And I suppose it's not against protocol. It's not anything to do with the subjects, instead it's Niko, the assistant, and Kimmy, my lovely doctor... hmm. I'd love to see how this goes.
My little first subject made me want to scream. Of course the first person I bring in was evil, inappropriate and insane. No chance of getting that past or breeding her in the colony. Then I brought in 3 new ones the day after, one of which had to be sent away after being screened for the virus.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#98 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:02 PM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 28th May 2015 at 2:37 AM.
I spent a lot of time and energy building, what is probably a ridiculously exspensive Colony Isolation Unit. It's intended for Island Paradise, but is being displayed in the college town just now for convenience. Ignore the mismatched trees please.

I have all of the exspansions, and three of the Stuff Packs, as well as some store conent. I have absolutely no idea which of these I used aside from a lot of Into The Future items and I also used Buy-De-Bug items, both for ambience and function. For instance, there is the use of Security Towers found in Buy-De-Bug. After all, if you built a facility meant to weed out the healthy in a virus ridden world, wouldn't you want to be able to protect it from the invading hordes of infected? I've also used the apartment mailbox, the skeleton, and the Sim Fu items to name a few.
I put in a lot of attention to detail(signs marking staff only areas and patient areas, various decontamination stations, hints of a ventilation system, and "keypads/intercoms" at the doors). I also have some intricate routes for staff and patients(some involving multiple floors) in order to keep everyone clean and uninfected. Unfortunatly, you will not get to see a lot of this well. I didn't want to overload you on pictures and also it is a slow difficult process to get them uploaded and get the image tag for them with only my smartphone for internet. Because of this, it's overview only, which I find dissapointing, but it will have to do.

I'm sorry for how big this is. I doubt it will happen again as I will probably only be updating after this, but there is a lot to cover so these very busy images will make sense. Amoung other things routes can be confusing and will need explaining. I want to give an idea how the facility is run, especially as you cannot see it well.
So as to save you from my giant babble and having to load up all of these images, whether you like it or not, I am using spoiler tags to hide the rest(Congratulate me, I didn't know how to use them before. Turns out it's pretty obvious.). I wouldn't open the 1st Floor or the Basement 1st and 2nd Level at the same time as anything else as they are quite long thanks to me having to describe two rather LARGE areas.

Click to continue:

Click to continue:

Click to continue:

Click to continue:

Click to continue:

Click to continue:
Field Researcher
#99 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:07 PM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 28th May 2015 at 3:00 AM.
I could have sworn there was a way to close the spoiler tags on here... guess not, outside of refreshing that is.
I forgot to mention, but yes I did use move objects in some areas.

Due to some glitches with the image uploads, I ran out of time today and never got to load the game. When I do, I am about ready to start playing(just want to let them piddle about till Sunday so I can start then. Then I move them to Island Paradise and place my CIU).

By the way there was another fire. Luckily the roommate who started it this time must have been brave because he put it out all on his own and right away.
Test Subject
#100 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 5:27 PM
*poke head into forum* Is anyone still on this thread? Helloooooo? I guess I'm...in complete isolation. (Sorry I had to...I'll let myself out)

Is the Observant LTR legal for this challenge? It seems rather cheaty but hey, if it's cleared, I'm not about to turn it down. It can be a lifesaver. Maybe a requirement can be set on it. To buy the Observant LTR, your doctor sim has to have maxed their Charisma skill.
Page 4 of 5