Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 4:30 AM
Don looked up at his cellmates and they stopped, stunned by the gleaming look of triumph. FREEDOM!

http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...927-freedom.JPG
Advertisement
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 1:58 PM
Quote:

oooh! this is so awesome! Can you have by-gender prisoners, as in a few guys and girls?

that's absolutley fine

Quote:
Cruella and Todd have three bolts for each other. I am tempted to give up the challenge and let them play out a normal life together. They are both romance sims, so who knows what a normal life would be.

lol can you imagine the wedding speech.

"some may find the way we met...rather odd".........

Quote:
Don looked up at his cellmates and they stopped, stunned by the gleaming look of triumph. FREEDOM!

yay astillac awsome! you is speedy fast
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 7:07 PM
The first method is pretty easy. Took almost two sim weeks (11 days, I think) and Lady X never even had to go into the cell.

I'm really bad with sim romances though, so method #2 scares me. :P
Forum Resident
#29 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 2:23 AM
I swear I typed in here early saying what a great job you did, astillac; but the post seems to have disappeared, so, "GREAT job!"
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 2nd May 2009 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
I swear I typed in here early saying what a great job you did, astillac; but the post seems to have disappeared, so, "GREAT job!"

Oh, I thought I saw that too! How strange. Forum mice, I bet. They eat a lot. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd May 2009 at 6:37 AM
I love this challenge so much. I've just started and it's so hard! I love it! :D

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 24th May 2009 at 4:00 PM
Such an awesome challenge :D
Here's the "family":

from left to right: Roman & Edward (brothers, not sure that's allowed though), Lady X (I love that name,so I kept it:D), Pen, Rile (the selectable) and Brain.

There's a lot of chemistry going on, and by a lot I mean A LOT :p
It's gonna be quite a challenge with ACR :D

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:05 AM
I know this thread is no longer active but when I was searching through the old challenges I decided to try this one. I think it is a fun challenge because it's creative and fast. I finished in 12 sim days. My adult started out at 29 years and when finished he had 17 days left till he turned into an elder. I decided the female would be Lady Peyton. I created each sim in CAS and chose knowledge as the aspiration for the hostages and romance for the Lady. This worked well since I got notices saying what an amazing week it's been for all the hostages since they were skilling by playing chess, cleaning up and cooking. I kept the space tight but didn't find there was ever a problem other than being caught occasionally in the small bathrooms but that didn't matter since it gave my sim time to work on getting that friendship score up till the sim moved out of the way. I opted to not have a t.v. or stereo since that would wake up the sleeping sims and be a pain in the ***.

I recall the rule said that the playable sim must be best friends with the hostages before studying so I took that to be for studying from the bookcase mechanical. I used playing chess to get high friendship scores in the short term area. So I took turns inviting the other hostages to play with my sim. If the table was busy with two sims playing I would interrupt by loading up a few interactions with one of the players. The sim hostage would normally stand up, interact then I would have my sim grab his chair quickly.

I made all the hostages have a good amount of neat points. Not enough to where they are upset if they see dirty plates but enough where they will pick up after themselves. The place was pretty clean considering it was a tight space and five simmies were living in the secret room.

I have to say that Lady Peyton never came upstairs because of the bookcase in the way so I ignored her for the most part. If you did use a door where she could be the only one to access the secret room it would be funny to include a rule where the sim would have to stop studying or playing chess when she walked in the door or get caught which would mean you automatically fail.

I chose number one as you can probably tell. Number 2 sounds very challenging and I wasn't ready for the headache of trying to find privacy.

One thing you need to watch is when the hostage sims seem to be all showing hunger signs in their thoughts since the fridge can run out of food quite quickly. With repairs of the toilet and shower I had my sim do it since technically that is mechanical skill gain. Which makes me think it would be neat if the book case wasn't there and the sim had to gain it through tinkering or repairing but then the hostages would probably get pretty mad they can't shower or use the toilet during that time.

All in All, was fun creating the secret room and it was an interesting challenge. I like that it was easy to finish it in one evening of play.

MY SCORE is 1942 which I'm happy with.

I used Astillac's secret room for inspiration for mine. I really liked the hospital look. In fact I picked out an outfit that each hostage wore that had a hospital blue shirt and tan pants.

Pleasantview challenge my way.
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 5:32 PM
I really like this concept, but I am not sure I like the whole concept of just men trapped by a woman... Do you mind if I make something based off this, with a different spin on it?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 11:57 PM
Hi Mikalhvi,

As you might notice the date of the first post it is an old challenge and I'm not even sure if the creator is still around. I don't see why you couldn't take what you like of this challenge to mix with your own setup. If you want to know for sure in case you will be posting it on the forums you could always message the creator to see if she / he will answer.

Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 1:02 AM
Ah, thanks for the feedback starla13. I've noticed a lot of the Sims 2 challenges seem to be old threads without much input... I guess a lot of people are moving to Sims 3, huh? Anyway, thanks for the response. I had an idea of: What if it was sims trapped because of an overprotective Servo-Nanny? That would be interesting.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 9:39 PM
Ha ha, yes, robot caught in lightning, rerouted the nanny's programming so it thinks everything could be a potential danger to the children. Killed the parents because they tried to take the kids away.

Yes, that would be interesting and funny. So the kids would strive to turn the robot off (mechanical) with the use of their intelligence (logical) and imagination (creativity). They would all have to be a team (best friends) to not get caught.

I like it.

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 11:14 AM Last edited by M-hzer : 2nd Dec 2012 at 12:33 PM.
I am trying this.

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by Mikalhvi
I really like this concept, but I am not sure I like the whole concept of just men trapped by a woman... Do you mind if I make something based off this, with a different spin on it?

Here, look at some tropes:
Beauty is Bad
Evil is Sexy
Daddy's Little Villian + She is All Grown Up (literally)

House pics coming soon!
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 9:09 AM
Sweet Challange :)
I just tried this... (The 2nd Escape Plan)
I thought it was going to be wayyyy harder than it was.
I completed it in 4 Sims days... *HINT* Just make the boys sleep in shifts so none of them catch an affair.
Had a Blast!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 11:53 PM
Nice! I'm adding this to my list of possible Challenges to go an LP of!
Page 2 of 2