Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 3:09 AM
Default Wear Any Clothes In Any Category.
Hi, I was just wondering if there was such a mod that allows you to where any clothes in any category, i.e. sleepwear as everyday. I really want a certain outfit (Faux Fur Dress) as Outerwear but for some reason it isn't by default.
And also, if there is not such a mod, how easy would it be for someone (or me) to make?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 3:16 AM
MasterController has a "disable clothing filter"

Nraas>MasterController>Settings>CAS>Disable Clothing Filter

MasterController FAQ
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 3:42 AM
Also, you can open an outfit with TSR Workshop, and manually change for which categories it is available.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 8:48 AM
You can even change clothes category with S3PE tool.
Here is a link how to use S3PE to change clothes catergory, you can find the tutorail in Nysha post:
http://modthesims.info/t/491174
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 10:17 AM
And I suspect you're looking for the WCIF forum.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 10:54 AM Last edited by Tanis Half-Elven : 18th Mar 2014 at 1:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
MasterController has a "disable clothing filter"

Nraas>MasterController>Settings>CAS>Disable Clothing Filter

MasterController FAQ

I use Nrass's MasterController but I've never found that, I'll go look now, thanks.

I've found it, I can't believe I've never seen it before, I'm going to ruthlessly look through all of the MasterController and other Nrass mod's to find all of the things they do, thanks again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
And I suspect you're looking for the WCIF forum.

Sorry, I didn't know.
Instructor
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 1:28 AM
I have a question about this. Should disable clothing filter be set to <true> or <false>? I have tried both ways, and neither gets me all clothes available in all categories. I want every pair of shorts and every pair of underwear available as swimwear for YA and A males. The basic boxer shorts in underwear do NOT show up in swimwear no matter if I select true or false. All other aspects of NRAAS appear to work for me, except this one.

goderguy
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 2:21 AM
I think the setting should be set to true, but I also think in NRAAS MC > Settings > CAS > Disable Clothing Filter, you need to set what categories are enabled or disabled.

Also hopping onto this thread since it's still warm- has anyone encountered problems with unlocked clothing? Like crashing problems? Is it safe?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 2:36 AM
There's definitely issues. I for one can't use unlocked clothing at all because the game will substitute them as soon as you leave CAS. Same goes for accessoires.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I think the setting should be set to true, but I also think in NRAAS MC > Settings > CAS > Disable Clothing Filter, you need to set what categories are enabled or disabled.

Also hopping onto this thread since it's still warm- has anyone encountered problems with unlocked clothing? Like crashing problems? Is it safe?

I have been setting them individually. I will go back and set them all to true, but I believe I have done that in the past and it didn't do anything. Shouldn't every piece of clothing in every category show up in every other category?

goderguy
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
There's definitely issues. I for one can't use unlocked clothing at all because the game will substitute them as soon as you leave CAS. Same goes for accessoires.

This. Yes, I've met this too. Unlike you, I don't have this always, but most of the time, yes. I did not find any pattern as to when it will stay and when it will be replaced though. It seems totally random to me. Maybe it has something to do with NRaas Dresser mod?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi

I heard that this is a CAS issue, and that clothes will stick if you use the Stylist.

However, I think the game sometimes has issues with the career outfit section (not the clothes themselves)- they can crash on me entering the chose-an-outfit section, and the problem's only solved by deleting the outfit, or making some significant changes to the outfit (removing all parts of the EA supplied outfit).

However, this issue only happens to some sims, and not others, leading me to wonder if it's related to particular clothing pieces.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 3:54 AM
I always use Stylist for adding and changing outfits. How strange.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 11:41 PM
With Awesomemod installed it is:

setconfig enabledebugcommands true
disableclothingfilter on/off
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 3:00 PM
@AGuyCalledPi After some messing, I've found that clothes, while not totally foolproof, are less problematic than accessories. I have especially problem with forcing the toddler arm floaties to swimwear (honestly, the only category where I really want them, and yet, Maxis failed to categorise them properly, despite being part of EP that introduced swimwear category for toddlers) and child girls' knee socks for boys. So, what I did with these two was to use S3OC to extract them and recategorise them for the purposes I wanted. Here's how to do it.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jun 2022 at 1:43 PM
Default Came here because of the floaties
Quote: Originally posted by peno
@AGuyCalledPi After some messing, I've found that clothes, while not totally foolproof, are less problematic than accessories. I have especially problem with forcing the toddler arm floaties to swimwear (honestly, the only category where I really want them, and yet, Maxis failed to categorise them properly, despite being part of EP that introduced swimwear category for toddlers) and child girls' knee socks for boys. So, what I did with these two was to use S3OC to extract them and recategorise them for the purposes I wanted. Here's how to do it.

Thank you for sharing! I got to this thread because I'm also super annoyed that toddler floaties don't appear in swimwear. I can overlook a lot of other odd clothing assignments, but not floaties! Lol.
Scholar
#18 Old 5th Jun 2022 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peno

Hey, thanks for that! Just the answer I needed.

Only Last night I was struggling to with the Master Controller CAS settings to get a particular accessory cloak, which was set for everyday, to work as formal. It seemed to work, but every time I switched back to that outfit I'd find it had been changed into some other random accessory - anything from a sword to a cat's tail. Now I've tried it your way and there's no more weirdness! So simple! Now why didn't I think of that before?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#20 Old 6th Jun 2022 at 2:46 AM
Has anyone found that disabling the clothing filter through NRAAS causes issues?

I recall encountering some issues awhile ago, especially with unlocked outfit pieces resetting for some reason.