Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 10:31 PM
Default CASIE/Bodyshop 3.0
Do you think they will have a pre-release independent editor like they did with Bodyshop? If so, when do you think it will be available? What do you think it would be like?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 9:20 AM
What does CASIE stands for?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 10:44 AM
I hope so. It would give us something to play with until the game will be released.
#4 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 11:27 AM
CASIE was the name of Bodyshop when it was released before the game as a 'teaser' of sorts.

And to answer the question, yes I think they will have a pre-release Bodyshop. Technically its Bodyshop 2.0. Sims 1 didn't have a Bodyshop :P
#5 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 11:59 AM
higgins, they DID sort of make a TS1 Bodyshop, it allowed you to make new clothes--I beleive it was called Sims Creator--it came only with Deluxe I think.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 5:47 PM
I dont think they'd get away with it. Its to much a part of the sims now, and as a result it would put off loads of buyers.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:16 PM
I agree. I mean you can make Sims look similar to anyone in TS2 but it's only a very faint similarity. I hope in TS3 we can truly make anyone we want to without CC. As for the guys in TS3, I think they look hot so far. I love the new Mohawk because it looks more realistic and I am so happy that we get to still make goth Sims and not just preppy ones.

And as for Body Shop, I only pray that we get all the options in CAS. In TS2, Body Shop had more features to create Sims and they were left out in CAS, like the option to narrow or widen eyes as an example.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:04 PM
The problem with this TS2's celebrities from the community is that many of them look so horrible as toddlers and children... I'm talking deformed. So I hope that Sims in TS3 that we make can be so realistically created that they can look just as good when they are younger.
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 4:13 PM
I've seen a couple of scans from the magazines and I really got excited. Compared with the default ts2 stuff the ts3 sims look great! I've been able to pretify my ts2 sims a lot with c.c., so it will take a little getting used to starting from scratch again. But so far the extra features make up for a lot. I'd love to have a CASIE and play around with the fat/muscle slides and create sims with different bodyshapes. It's one of the new features that will probably be a big seller, so I think they'll want to show it of and provide a CASIE.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:22 PM
Yes, I agree, I hope they will release a pre-game Body Shop. That way we can already start having CC ready by the time we play the base game.
#11 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:59 PM
Yes, but I think they should also include the extra facial sliders in Bodyshop into the game. I don't want to have to open Bodyshop, which takes FOREVER to load up on my computer, just to make a nice, unique sim!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 10:33 PM
Yes, that is what I had said. They should make all the BS features for CAS.
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 4:06 AM
Slightly off topic,
but i would like the Bodyshop program to also be like... a watered-down version of SimPE, i suppose.

As in, we can make Sims, Clothing, AND Objects, Food, etc.
I already suspect hours of loading,
but it would be so much easier to use all rolled into one.

Also, i want the program to be SEPARATE from the actual game.
I dont want to open up my game EVERY time i work on new stuff,
no matter how short the loading may be.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 4:22 AM
Well since we are being told about powerful tools to come, we never know what may be in store for us.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 4:40 AM
It's nice to see that Maxis will be providing modding tools for us instead of making us do all the work. I just hope the tools are good.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:18 AM
Me, too. I hope they are also easy to use.
#17 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:47 PM
Well they did say:

"We're going to be releasing world-building tools," says Bell,
"advanced tools definitely for the modding community. On TheSims3.com."

So, I'm hoping too that we get more than just a bodyshop thing. It doesn't have to be all in one though. They can give us a bodyshop to play with and later release the other tools.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 1:10 AM
I am looking forward to this! Again, I hope they are easy to use!