Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Can you teleport a Sim that isn't a part of the household on the lot? Because I hosted a wedding party and the bride didn't show up, and I called her over and she said "she's busy right now" and I was like oh shit. o_O
My first wedding failed, too, because there was no groom. What am I saying? That was my only wedding. My Sim couple ended up eloping because they couldn't afford another wedding. I'd love to figure out how you make sure you have both future spouses at the event at the same time to successfully have a wedding.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#103 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
My first wedding failed, too, because there was no groom. What am I saying? That was my only wedding. My Sim couple ended up eloping because they couldn't afford another wedding. I'd love to figure out how you make sure you have both future spouses at the event at the same time to successfully have a wedding.

Invite them over before you throw the party to make sure they are actually on the lot?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#104 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 6:15 PM Last edited by kitkat7145 : 4th Oct 2014 at 7:17 PM. Reason: add info
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Is there a way to sell everything at once from the family inventory?

A lot of crap ended up in there after renovating my old crappy house. Too many items and the way menu's and screens pop up with this fancy delay, I got tired of deleting all those items one by one. So if anyone has a solution for this, it would be very welcome. A solution to get rid of the delay in menu's (the way it fans out) and screen pop up would be nice too.

I haven't found a way to sell everything at once, but you can speed up selling multiples of the same items. If you first click on the group of items you want to sell and then click on the simolean symbol in the center of the sell box, it will bring up a +/- window that lets you select how many of the item you want to sell. Also, using the delete key speeds up selling of single items. I'll have one hand on the mouse for selecting and one on the delete key for selling, and it goes pretty quickly once you get rhythm going.

ETA - In the +/- window you can also type in the amount you want to sell
Field Researcher
#105 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Is there a way to sell everything at once from the family inventory?

A lot of crap ended up in there after renovating my old crappy house. Too many items and the way menu's and screens pop up with this fancy delay, I got tired of deleting all those items one by one. So if anyone has a solution for this, it would be very welcome. A solution to get rid of the delay in menu's (the way it fans out) and screen pop up would be nice too.

What I did was I got rid of all the stacked items first, then the rest one hand holds left click and one hands on delete alternately. It's surprisingly fast and entertaining. Like a street fighter combo.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:53 PM
1) Can you seduce death?

2) Can you get death to move in with your household in some way?
Mad Poster
#107 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nissun
1) Can you seduce death?

2) Can you get death to move in with your household in some way?
People have said here that you cannot.

Instructor
#108 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:28 PM
My turn to ask a dumb question, is there a point or reason to "save as" instead of save? I've only been using "save" and I have not been running into any problems Is there a reason so many people are recommending "save as" and loading save files? Did I miss something?
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:28 PM
0/10 preorder cancelled

Another dumb question: What happens if I feed my sims exclusively with pizza? I had a fire scare and i was wondering if regularly ordering pizzas and storing them on the fridge is a viable strategy, or my sims will die from cholesterol or something like that.
Instructor
#110 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
My turn to ask a dumb question, is there a point or reason to "save as" instead of save? I've only been using "save" and I have not been running into any problems Is there a reason so many people are recommending "save as" and loading save files? Did I miss something?

I use it to name and number my games in case I want/have to go back a few saves for game reasons. It also just seems a less confusing way to keep track of my different games.

Nissun, there's also salads .
Mad Poster
#111 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nissun
0/10 preorder cancelled

Another dumb question: What happens if I feed my sims exclusively with pizza? I had a fire scare and i was wondering if regularly ordering pizzas and storing them on the fridge is a viable strategy, or my sims will die from cholesterol or something like that.
In addition to the salads that esmesqualor recommended, you can always have your Sims eat the non-cooked "quick" meals (yogurt, cereal) until they have a couple of cooking points. So far, the only fires I've had at the stove were from Sims with less than two cooking points. They can get those points by watching the cooking channel or reading a cook book.

Alchemist
#112 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:36 PM
In addition to the salads that esmesqualor recommended, you can always have your Sims eat the non-cooked "quick" meals (yogurt, cereal) until they have a couple of cooking points. So far, the only fires I've had at the stove were from Sims with less than two cooking points. They can get those points by watching the cooking channel or reading a cook book.

Good points - but don't forget that The Powers That Be increased the fire hazard with the new patch on the 1st.
Good time to make sure you have ceilings, not just roofs, on your house so that the fire sprinklers work.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal

i've had times where just using 'save' doesn't actually save my game, and using 'save as' always works.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Good points - but don't forget that The Powers That Be increased the fire hazard with the new patch on the 1st.
Good time to make sure you have ceilings, not just roofs, on your house so that the fire sprinklers work.
My turn to ask a dumb question - huh? You need ceilings so that sprinklers work? I didn't realize....

Is the fire hazard just increased overall or is it because of the angry ghosts? (I'm assuming ghosts that set fires are being angry and not just playful or flirty.)

Instructor
#115 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:24 AM
My turn to ask a dumb question - huh? You need ceilings so that sprinklers work? I didn't realize....

Is the fire hazard just increased overall or is it because of the angry ghosts? (I'm assuming ghosts that set fires are being angry and not just playful or flirty.)

sims that die by fire can come back as ghosts that can set fire when angry, emotional death sims can make other sims feel how they feel, but i'm not quite sure how to make it happen

as for stove fires there was a fix in the patch that fixed the bug that made stove fires impossible with a cooking skill above 3, they made it highly unlikely instead
Alchemist
#116 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:37 AM

Yes. Grant tweeted that specifically, and it says you need a ceiling on the sprinkler thingie when you select it in buy mode.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:28 AM
I have a stupid question.
Has anyone stumbled across an easy-ish way to kill off a Sim? I cannot get my Sims to die of anything but old age! I had one Sim that I was super sick of, and he survived a freaking fire (all three of my Sims who have accidentally started fires have survived), survived electrocution (they've all survived that, too), and I tried to have his wife make him laugh himself to death, but I guess she wasn't that funny. I finally just moved him out of the house and in with the Pancakes until he eventually died, but jeeze... they're indestructible! My old fail-safe of drowning in a pool is obviously impossible, and none of the things I thought would kill Sims seem to do more than char them!

The Test of Time Challenge BLOG
Sims 4 stories blog HERE
Mad Poster
#118 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:40 AM
I don't know about killing them, but what if you moved them out on their own and then deleted them in manage households? Or, let them be townies and eventually die of old age (if you have aging on for the neighborhood).

Scholar
#119 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kitkat7145
I haven't found a way to sell everything at once, but you can speed up selling multiples of the same items. If you first click on the group of items you want to sell and then click on the simolean symbol in the center of the sell box, it will bring up a +/- window that lets you select how many of the item you want to sell. Also, using the delete key speeds up selling of single items. I'll have one hand on the mouse for selecting and one on the delete key for selling, and it goes pretty quickly once you get rhythm going.

ETA - In the +/- window you can also type in the amount you want to sell

Thank you for the help. But the inventory has a large house worth of items in it. I noticed the +/- window, but that just slows more down. I assumed there would be a sell everything function in my inv. Otherwise I would have never changed my lot by moving walls like that. It is more then 10 rows on a 1920 x1080 screen

Thanks all for the tips though
Forum Resident
#120 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:43 AM

My game seems to have spawned a new radio station with no name.
Nice music though, but I'd like to see what it's supposed to be called. :/
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#121 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:56 AM
@Megido - That should say Listen to Spooky I do believe. There have been a couple of posts lately about the string of #'s showing instead of the Listen to Spooky.
edit: Yep, I checked in my game. That's what it should say.
Forum Resident
#122 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:06 AM
Thanks for the reply. I assume that came with the patch, tying into the whole theme.

I figured out what was making it show up with a non-name though. Turns out I was using a tuning mod in there that replaced only a single, unrelated string in the game but overwrote the entire strings file.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#123 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:25 AM
It did come with the patch AND that mod has been updated.
edit because i seem to have lost my manners: You're welcome!
Scholar
#124 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:28 AM
So what's spooky music actually meant to be? Inappropriately categorised "goth metal"? Sims: Makin' Magic music? The ghoulish wails of Taylor Swift?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#125 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:39 AM
Dunno? But I wouldn't consider it spooky and it doesn't seem "goth metal" to me. Funny you should bring up Taylor Swift though- one of the other stations (Pop I think?) has a song that sounds like her. Oh, and the spooky station has a song that I swear sounds like Pink. A lot of the songs seemed familiar to me on the spooky, pop and blues stations.
Page 5 of 86