Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#126 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 5:26 AM
I think I know the one you're talking about mustluvcatz. It's a real song apparently, but it's not by p!nk.

It's quite a good song when I hear it in English. Not sure what makes it "spooky" though.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#127 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Dunno? But I wouldn't consider it spooky and it doesn't seem "goth metal" to me. Funny you should bring up Taylor Swift though- one of the other stations (Pop I think?) has a song that sounds like her. Oh, and the spooky station has a song that I swear sounds like Pink. A lot of the songs seemed familiar to me on the spooky, pop and blues stations.

I call it the grumbly channel.
Instructor
#128 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 8:36 AM Last edited by melbrewer367 : 5th Oct 2014 at 11:38 AM.
I have only have one fish left to complete the fish collection. Has anyone caught a piranha yet?? I've read on Carl's Sims that it's in the pond at the big park in Willow Creek and that you have to use small fish as bait (what weight is considered small?) and through a Google search I found posts over on the EA sims forum that it's actually in Oasis Springs at their big park in the stream near the mine entrance. Anyone have some better specifics on where to find this darn piranha?

ETA: Nevermind, I found it! I tried for hours with two people and different types of fish in Willow Creek Park and couldn't get it so I finally sent them to Oasis Springs to the river area near the mine entrance in the park. It only took them a couple of hours and I believe the fish he was using when he caught it was a bass. Now my Fish and Frog collections are complete! Only one more thing for my gardening collection and only 2 more for the elements and 2 more for the My Sims trophies!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#129 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 8:47 AM
Yep, that's the song alright. Reading the comments it's all "Sims 4!!!", lol. (And there's a comment having to do with sounding like Pink, so I'm not the only one.)
Field Researcher
#130 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
I think I know the one you're talking about mustluvcatz. It's a real song apparently, but it's not by p!nk.

It's quite a good song when I hear it in English. Not sure what makes it "spooky" though.

Wait aren't all (or most) of the songs in the game real songs? I know Joshua Radin in the romantic station is a real musician.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 9:46 PM
Can my teenager only meet other teenagers at the park?

I have a teen with the romantic aspiration but I couldn't find any teens for him to date. In my frustration I ended up making a huge house full of teens with one adult and placed them in Willow Creek, but I want him to meet them 'naturally' rather than having him just visit the house and meeting everyone.

So now I'm having him hang out at bars, clubs, lounges, even the library and the gym like some kind of damned creeper, just waiting for any teens to show but I've not spotted a single one. I then took him to the park and he finally met someone his age! But it was that snooty Landgraab kid and they both took an instant dislike to each other... So my poor guy hasn't even made friends with other teens, let alone get all romantic with any...
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 3:06 AM
Whoa... I cannot read. nevermind.

TS4 rules!
Mad Poster
#133 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:29 AM
Is there any sort of inheritance?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Inventor
#134 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
I have only have one fish left to complete the fish collection. Has anyone caught a piranha yet?? I've read on Carl's Sims that it's in the pond at the big park in Willow Creek and that you have to use small fish as bait (what weight is considered small?) and through a Google search I found posts over on the EA sims forum that it's actually in Oasis Springs at their big park in the stream near the mine entrance. Anyone have some better specifics on where to find this darn piranha?

ETA: Nevermind, I found it! I tried for hours with two people and different types of fish in Willow Creek Park and couldn't get it so I finally sent them to Oasis Springs to the river area near the mine entrance in the park. It only took them a couple of hours and I believe the fish he was using when he caught it was a bass. Now my Fish and Frog collections are complete! Only one more thing for my gardening collection and only 2 more for the elements and 2 more for the My Sims trophies!

My sim caught a piranha in Sylvan Glade with a tetra for bait.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 4:55 PM
Where can I find a cowplant seed? "Cow berry", i think it was called? Does my sim have to have a specific gardening level for it to spawn in the world, or is it limited to a certain area?
Mad Poster
#136 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 10:31 PM
Nevermind, I got the songs mixed up. Sorry.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#137 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nissun
Where can I find a cowplant seed? "Cow berry", i think it was called? Does my sim have to have a specific gardening level for it to spawn in the world, or is it limited to a certain area?

I fished mine up in the hidden glade.
Instructor
#138 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasta13
I fished mine up in the hidden glade.

You can also get one by grafting a Dragonfruit plant with a Snapdragon plant. Snapdragon plants are all over the place but you get a Dragonfruit by grafting a Strawberry with a Snapdragon. Does that make sense? lol

If you don't want to fish and you're a gardener who can graft, graft a strawberry plant with a snapdragon plant to get a dragon fruit. Then graft the dragonfruit to a snapdragon plant. Then you'll get cowberries over and over! I've had 10+ at a time in my inventory and have considered making a fence out of them!
Test Subject
#139 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nissun

You can get cowplant seeds from rocket ship trips. There are probably also other ways, but that's all I know of right now.
Test Subject
#140 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sevenfisher
Oh yeah Birthday too, forgot about that. :fp:

Really? If you want to get the achievement that came with base game you have to actually pay for DLC? Oh dear. Normally I'd glad to upgrade (I did for FFXIV) but the pack isn't really great, tbh. £11.99 for few clothes and stuff I don't really want, and soundtrack means fuck all for deaf gamer like me...

Whaaaat? Serious? Dang. I was hoping maybe retirement party and funeral.
Mad Poster
#141 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 9:29 AM
@boohgirl - I went back three pages and didn't see this quote. What was sevenfisher talking about?

Mad Poster
#142 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
@boohgirl - I went back three pages and didn't see this quote. What was sevenfisher talking about?

Post #31 I think it was about the different parties are not satisfied with the just the limited edition, might have to buy the deluxe. I think.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#143 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 10:15 AM
Thanks, lewisb40. That comment was so far back, it referenced another earlier comment, and I don't believe it's quite right, either. I would not have found that.

Field Researcher
#144 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 5:14 AM
OK, my turn to ask dumb questions. This is fun!

1. Is it possible to make all Sims age EXCEPT FOR the ones in my current household? In the menus it seems as though there's a way to do it, but I couldn't seem to get it to work.
2. Is it possible to have your Sim make anything at all in the microwave and not get an Uncomfortable moodlet? Even using the expensive microwave doesn't seem to prevent it. Maybe they have to have a bunch of cooking skill points to make microwave oatmeal? (Even I can do that, and I doubt I have more than two or at most three cooking skill points.)
3. Is there a way to start a new game without making a new Sim? Maybe I want to play the Pancakeses and don't want to add any more new Sims to the hood.

I'm guessing the answers are No, "only if you have over 9000 cooking skill points," and No, respectively, but we'll see.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#145 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
OK, my turn to ask dumb questions. This is fun!

1. Is it possible to make all Sims age EXCEPT FOR the ones in my current household? In the menus it seems as though there's a way to do it, but I couldn't seem to get it to work.
2. Is it possible to have your Sim make anything at all in the microwave and not get an Uncomfortable moodlet? Even using the expensive microwave doesn't seem to prevent it. Maybe they have to have a bunch of cooking skill points to make microwave oatmeal? (Even I can do that, and I doubt I have more than two or at most three cooking skill points.)
3. Is there a way to start a new game without making a new Sim? Maybe I want to play the Pancakeses and don't want to add any more new Sims to the hood.

I'm guessing the answers are No, "only if you have over 9000 cooking skill points," and No, respectively, but we'll see.

1. Sim aging is currently broken as of the October 1st ghost patch. EA is working on fixing it but have no ETA for the patch. Basically you can't turn aging off for anyone at the moment.
2. Can't answer this one, sorry. My Sim doesn't own a microwave.
3. Not entirely sure but you could always throw a random Sim together, move them into a lot and then immediately go into Manage Households and just evict them before selecting the house you actually want to play.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#146 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 9:21 PM
i've been wondering,
can downloadable custom sims clothes be just as bad for the game as custom hairs appear to be?
or is it less likely to cause damage to the game?

same question goes for furniture and such.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#147 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
i've been wondering,
can downloadable custom sims clothes be just as bad for the game as custom hairs appear to be?
or is it less likely to cause damage to the game?

same question goes for furniture and such.

What problems have you been having with CC hairs? I don't use any but I've made a few items of clothing CC and it's not causing any issues in my game.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 9:48 PM
Do "Noncommittal" or incompatible-trait Sims reject romantic advances more often? I'm starting to wonder if I should just give up on getting these two Sims together and just focus on skills/socialization.
Forum Resident
#149 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
What problems have you been having with CC hairs? I don't use any but I've made a few items of clothing CC and it's not causing any issues in my game.

its what i have been reading about here on the general forum.
people having bad experiences.
it seem to be something known when its still so early up in the game.
#150 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:41 PM
Is it possible to fail at trying for baby? If it is, how often has that happened to you? My sims always get pregnant when trying for baby, which doesn't feel very realistic...
Page 6 of 86