Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Jwilson5 : 19th Mar 2016 at 1:29 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Object Error: "Controller Apartment Nanny"
Before I begin, I'll say that I've never had this error before and have had the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on this computer for several months with no problem.

Yesterday, I was playing my Royal Kingdom Challenge neighborhood, and had been playing through a couple sim days of my royal family. At one particular point, the butler glitched and became stuck, wandering around in circles. I could not interact with him, so I made the mistake of deleting him with move_objects on, thinking the NPC would reset, which he did. He just never came back, and I could not call services for a new one. As the sim day progressed, I noticed my game was starting to become slower and slower until it came down to a complete crawl. Turning on boolprop cheats, I was met with the following error:

Neither Reset or Delete helps, as the error simply regenerates with random #numbers a second later.

This error and any lagging only occurs in that particular household.

System specs if needed:

[Edit]
I used a backup lot from a portable hard-drive (that I used to transfer neighborhood saves from one laptop to another) and overwrote the current one. The error seems to be gone for now, but I'll play a little bit longer just to make sure.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N005_t568039.zip (24.4 KB, 119 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Full log of the error
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 12:03 PM
how it works
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 3:55 PM
Those controllers are generated by butlers when they arrive and should self delete when the butler leaves, most likely each time your butler 'glitched' he restarted his 'Main' and generated another one, in your error log there's 59 Apartment Nanny Controllers still on the lot and each one was going to throw another error. Once a butler leaves it's not uncommon for the controller to error as it completes it's loop before self deleting but that is just a minor glitch and it will self delete as soon as it restarts it's 'main'.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 5:01 PM
I get these errors on public lot too I dont understand :D