Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 7:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't load any lot in my neighborhood (unending loading screen)
Hi guys, so I've got a problem with my game

I'm currently playing in Pleasantview and I created a subhood but the problem is, now I cannot enter any lot which means that when I'll want to enter a lot, there'll be an unending loading and it's doing this with every single lot, is there a solution to this problem?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 7:29 PM
Have you tried turning testingcheats on and seeing if you get an error? Its normally something to do with CC so try doing a 50/50
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 7:36 PM
Could be something happened when you added the subhood.

If you haven't tried deleting the cache files, try that first, Could be they're a bit iffy and they can mess with loading. Deleting them doesn't cause anything bad to happen.

Have you installed clean templates or mods that affect regeneration of NPCs or townies? Could be something hasn't been installed properly.

In case you have problems fixing this, do you have a backup from before you added the subhood?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Could be something happened when you added the subhood.

If you haven't tried deleting the cache files, try that first, Could be they're a bit iffy and they can mess with loading. Deleting them doesn't cause anything bad to happen.

Have you installed clean templates or mods that affect regeneration of NPCs or townies? Could be something hasn't been installed properly.

In case you have problems fixing this, do you have a backup from before you added the subhood?

Happily, I have a backup from last week (14th march), I didn't tried deleting the cache files, neither testingcheats as someone supposed before but I installed CC this morning, since my neighborhood was working fine yesterday I suppose it has something to do with that. Furthermore, I tried to remove the CC installed by these downloads and then when I load a lot the game crashed (Fatal error message).

Since the downloads concerned are from this morning I put the links in here, here they are:
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=302363
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=168980
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=42434
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 8:10 PM
I think I'm getting what's going on, it must be because of the Triumph Arc lot, take a look at this:

https://modthesims.info/download.ph...=1&goto=newpost

thesammy58 seems to have the exact same problem, but mine now is that when I try to remove the CC it just makes my game crash :/
Do anyone have a solution how to remove this content properly?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 9:08 PM
I think the problem might be because of one mod that is a career called "education" in the download file, anyone has an idea how to remove it? Since it's not in the download folder that it went
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 3:23 AM
Looks like the filename is a long random string of letters and numbers - "7915f42e....._0001" (writing off Clean Installer, and my eyes start go crosswise about there, but it should be long enough for searching)

It's an old upload (2005) so you may want to look through all the CC with the Clean Installer before installing to be on the safe side. I'm not sure how well people cleaned up their lots back then, even here on MTS. You can see filenames all the way to the right in CI (they're often hidden away a bit).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 11:33 AM
Yes it was this file that caused a problem it was a career if I remember, I deleted the files from the lot so it's solved now.