Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2021 at 7:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Freeze for milliseconds every few minutes.
Hi
I wanted to ask for help with The Sims 2, because it runs really slow.
-
My notebok is an Asus
processor: intel core i7 - cpu 1.40hz
Ram: 8Gb
-
I tried
Removing all cc
using the 4Gb Patch
I lowered all the image settings to the minimum
-
And the problem persists I can't keep the game from "freeze" for milliseconds every few minutes.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th May 2021 at 7:53 PM
Do you have custom content installed?

Is this on all lots or just specific ones?

Have you tried following the Game Help guide?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th May 2021 at 4:46 PM Last edited by Dina Landgraab : 16th May 2021 at 5:43 PM.
I can't say off the bat what's causing this behavior, but I use Midge the Tree's version of No Sim Loaded found here to deal with lag. A user named ZephyrZodiac apparently had issues with their game lagging and thought the No Sim Loaded tokens were causing it, and so this mod was born. Maybe it'll help you.

Also, weirdly enough, I find the game is ridiculously choppy for me if I don't use the first eight cheats in my userStartup file from Dreadpirate's "Maxis Match Lighting Mod" found here. It took me forever to figure this out, but it was worth it as gameplay became much smoother.

I'm not sure it'll help but here are the cheats in case you want to try them out:

ignoreErrors true
boolProp UseShaders true
boolProp specHighlights true
boolProp floorAndWallNormalMapping true
boolProp bumpMapping true
boolProp skipTangentsInVertexData false
uintProp optionLightingQuality 3
uintProp LightingQuality 3
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th May 2021 at 11:51 PM
Your CPU is underpowered. You need at least 2 to play Sims 2. Make sure to use very little CC, keep graphics low, use a cooling pad and don't play too long.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2021 at 10:39 PM
Dina Landgraab: thank you, that was very helpful

joandsarah77: I tried but it doesn't change almost anything.. The weirdest thing is that the sims 4 works perfectly.

Also just in case, before trying anything I reinstall the game
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th May 2021 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by condedd
Dina Landgraab: thank you, that was very helpful

joandsarah77: I tried but it doesn't change almost anything.. The weirdest thing is that the sims 4 works perfectly.

Also just in case, before trying anything I reinstall the game

Sims 4 is designed to be run on a CPU of at least 2.4GHz

You need to realize you are calling your notebook to do things it wasn't designed to do and you are probably damaging it.

So if you intend to game you want to be very careful and things like this are expected. You can't expect a tiny hatchback to tow a caravan up a hill without it struggling.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th May 2021 at 1:17 AM
Some Intel processors have a Turbo Boost option; my 1.8GHz Core i5 can go up to 3.4GHz when needed. If you used 4GB Patch, check the log to make sure it worked. If your laptop has both integrated and dedicated graphics, you might have to force the game to use the dedicated GPU.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th May 2021 at 6:16 PM
Thank you very much for your answers
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 6:15 PM Last edited by condedd : 24th Jun 2021 at 1:19 AM.
I found this Tutorial to improve the game and fix crashes
It worked for me, it fixed my problems and made the game run even better