Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 11:44 PM Last edited by istillplaythesims2 : 15th Jun 2021 at 1:10 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Does anybody know when the M1 patch will be released?
Hi! I LOVE The Sims 2, but since upgrading to an M1 Mac it likes to crash. I've heard that Aspyr are working on a fix, but I can't find any date (not that I've ever been great at looking ). If anybody has any news or information for me I'll be so thankful! Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 8:18 AM Last edited by mate54 : 15th Jun 2021 at 8:34 AM.
Funny you should ask, because Aspyr actually released an update for The Sims 2 Super Collection yesterday! Although I don't have a Mac so I cannot test anything, the patch note says "general bug fixes", which might include a fix for M1 Macs (which they were aware of and working on). Try updating (back up your saves to be safe) and see if it stops crashing. So far, one player over at EA Help (not much, but it's a start) has confirmed that the update has fixed crashing in their game. So hopefully it works for everyone.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Funny you should ask, because Aspyr actually released an update for The Sims 2 Super Collection yesterday! Although I don't have a Mac so I cannot test anything, the patch note says "general bug fixes", which might include a fix for M1 Macs (which they were aware of and working on). Try updating (back up your saves to be safe) and see if it stops crashing. So far, one player over at EA Help (not much, but it's a start) has confirmed that the update has fixed crashing in their game. So hopefully it works for everyone.

I saw on Facebook that a Mac using player had gotten the update and was happy, so yeah get the update.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.