Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Seeking Noticeboard (Two-Tile) - Including Pet Jobs

by MogHughson Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 3:14 PM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 11:31 AM by MogHughson : More languages

284 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 253 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 12
Field Researcher
#51 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 8:48 AM
This is brilliant, & really is needed! Fantastic, thanks so much!

=^.^= Treacherous Kitten =^.^=

*Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes it's squidgy & sometimes it's nuts, most of the time it's nuts*
Field Researcher
#52 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 9:25 AM
This is soo cool, thanks
Forum Resident
#53 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 10:46 AM
oooh thank you very much for this, is going to be very useful
Inventor
#54 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 10:48 AM
Great idea. Deffo something that was needed after all these new EP jobs. Thanks.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 11:36 AM
This is great thanks, it was taking ages to get my sims the jobs they wanted

I Believe in Karma,What you give is what you get returned
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 11:44 AM
This is a fantastic idea. Thank You so much for sharing it with us! -Chibi

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Test Subject
#57 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 1:08 PM
That's what I was expecting all this time. Thank you so much!!!!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 1:38 PM
Very usefull, what a wonderfull idea!
nina
Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 2:31 PM
Big thanks for this It's awesome
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 2:47 PM
what a cool item! And thanks for the simlish version!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Scholar
#61 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 2:59 PM
Excellent idea.
If only there was as much variety of jobs in a real life Job Centre...
Call Centre jobs and Double Glazing Canvassing are about as much that is on offer usually
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 3:08 PM
Truly a great idea, put well at work, thanks !
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 5:14 PM
really great Mod now my sims can fulfill their lifetime job wants without having to wait ages for the job to appear. Have already made a Job Centre in my Downtown so they can go 'sign on' and get a job and make themselves useful.

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ascarrott
Very good mod! Thank You!
P.s If only real job hunting was as easy!

copy and paste that!

thanks for this brilliant and simple idea, this will help me lots as i have downloaded a few custom careers but they never seemed to come up and i got bored of waiting and just did a money cheat
but now i will actually have sims employed with the job they want quicker so i can get on with playing, cheers!
:lovestruc

and why is it only teenage sims get the cool outfits?! i'll have you know us in our twenties and beyond have as much fun with clothes! *sob*
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 9:22 PM
Thank you thank you thank you - I had that problem so many times and I love your job-board. Thank you so much..

*showers mog with kisses and hugs*
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 10:43 PM
wooow! this is a fabulous idea!!! thanks a lot!!!
Scholar
#67 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maliceandmizery
This is amazing, thank you very much. This will go well in my community hall.

pare321 - Do you have Bon Voyage? If you don't this may be your problem.

I didn't even know about that! I'll uninstall the CEP and try again; thanks! :lovestruc
Scholar
#68 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pare321
I didn't even know about that! I'll uninstall the CEP and try again; thanks! :lovestruc

WOO! It works again! Oh, I love you!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 2:07 AM
Thanks! I needed EXACTLY this modded object. Looks good too.
Instructor
#70 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 11:37 PM
What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#71 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 12:13 AM
great idea!! my sims now can find work easilier! but i have a AL expansion pack and i don,t have modified careers, will work in my game? and other question (it,s only in english or more idioms? my game is in spanish)
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 6:38 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 25th Oct 2008 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Looked into national language support
Quote: Originally posted by simmary
great idea!! my sims now can find work easilier! but i have a AL expansion pack and i don,t have modified careers, will work in my game? and other question (it,s only in english or more idioms? my game is in spanish)

You don't need modified careers for this to work. I didn't have any (until I came to test this object to check it did work for career mods) and there were still enough career choices (20 up to FreeTime EP) to make it annoying waiting for them to appear in the newspaper.

I don't actually have Appartment Life yet (hoping to get it for Christmas) so I can't with all honesty tell you it works with AL since I haven't tried it. It doesn't require any EPs, but it isn't tested with AL. Best thing would be to just try it.

The menu where it says "Find a job..." is only in English - all language installations will get that in English, however since the career titles, e.g. "Slacker" or "Science" are from the game code itself and not from my object mod, they may come up in the installation language. I don't have a non-English language installation to try it out.

When the job is offered to you however, it is running entirely Maxis code, and so the job offer dialog that pops up will in all liklihood come out in your installation language rather than English. Again, I can't try it out to know for sure. The object will still work, even if it is partly or fully in English however.

I have looked into what it would take to make the other installation languages since there aren't very many unique strings within the object. I have a post here to request some sanity checks on my translations. If you are willing to check my Spanish please go there.

Cheers
Mog
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 11:10 PM
This is wonderful... I think I'm going to have to build Meadowsville a job agency or put this in the bank just so I can use this item!
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 11:17 PM
well, i have tested it in my game, and work perfectly. It,s compatible with AL totally. As you say, when my sim click to the works panel, i read "find a job in" in english, but when appear all jobs, these are in spanish because my installation language is spanish. I have created a office for find job (at spain is "the service of job or work", in english i don,t know) and i am very happy with this download. Again thanks for create and share this object, it,s very useful.

EDIT: i see now your edited message. in that link i correct your traduction, ok?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 5:04 AM
OMG! You are brilliant! I was getting so tired of using the kaching cheat to keep my sims with enough money while they were waiting for the right job to show up. I was amazed that Maxis hadn't realized this problem and come up with something.

This is just perfect and I can't wait to use it. Thank you, for taking the time to make something so useful and for sharing it with us.
Page 3 of 12