Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Seeking Noticeboard (Two-Tile) - Including Pet Jobs

by MogHughson Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 3:14 PM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 11:31 AM by MogHughson : More languages

284 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 253 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 12
Test Subject
#76 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 2:21 PM
I like it! no more boolprop just to get a job!

RSS ROOLZ!!!!!!www.youtube.com/jakepolo1
Test Subject
#77 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 3:53 PM
Brilliant thinking!! Just the other day I was thinking there HAD to be an easier way of finding my Sim's a job, and now I find this. Thanks so much :o)
Test Subject
#78 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 11:05 PM
I have every EP and looked where you said it was and alas I can't find it, nothing crashes or anything but it's nowhere to be seen. What can I do? to make it work?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PeculiarPeople
I have every EP and looked where you said it was and alas I can't find it, nothing crashes or anything but it's nowhere to be seen. What can I do? to make it work?

If you can't see it in the catalog, maybe the next thing to do is check that it is being picked up by your game. There is a dialog that comes up when I start up my Sims 2 game thats asks whether you want to Enable or Disable Custom Content. In the scrollable window in the middle of that dialog is a list of all the custom content. Can you see jobs-noticeboard-Mog-20081011.package in that list? And, just checking to be absolutely sure, does it say that custom objects are currently enabled?

Cheers
Mog
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 4:35 AM
This is really creative !
Test Subject
#81 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 8:33 AM
Hi everyone, is this updated for AL?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kims_killing
Hi everyone, is this updated for AL?

Another user has confirmed to me that this object also works in AL (I haven't personally got a copy of AL yet). So, you are good to go

Cheers
Mog
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#83 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 12:19 AM
Yes, it works just fine in my game with all EPs including AL.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 12:49 AM
I'm using AL and it didn't work for me. I can place the object and select find job, but then nothing happens. The sims just sort of pop out of the loop. I forgot to put testing cheats on, but do you think there might be an issue with another hack? I'll try it with testing cheats on the next time I play and post the error for you.

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Field Researcher
#85 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 5:49 AM
good idea

thank you

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 6:17 AM
It seemed to show up fine in the catalog, and I had it in my game for a few days (thought I never got around to having a Sim use it), and suddenly it's now causing my game to crash -- I know it's the culprit since I've done extensive testing all day, and just now isolated it.

I have all EPs, no SPs, if that helps.

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Test Subject
#87 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 7:24 AM
That's an awesome idea! I can't wait to try it out.
Test Subject
#88 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 10:13 AM Last edited by ANox : 29th Oct 2008 at 3:12 PM.
It's a really great idea, and it works with other languages !

thank you a lot
Banned
#89 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 1:10 PM
Brilliant!! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#90 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 1:49 PM
You're featured!
I love this, I'm using it all the time, no problems yet lol
Well done *hugs*
Em
Forum Resident
#91 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 2:53 PM
THis is a "must have"!

Thanks for your amazing job!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Test Subject
#92 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 6:01 PM
Oh thanks so much for making this, now i can finally get one of my Sims to get a job in the Paranormal career. :3
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 6:30 PM
It didn't work for me, it showed up and didn't cause any problems but the command to find a job just dropped out of the queue, I do have lots of hack so I must have a conflict, oh well, it is still a good idea.
Test Subject
#94 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 8:21 PM
this is BRILLIANT. thank you SO MUCH for doing this.
Test Subject
#95 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 9:57 PM
I love it but I can't downlaod it =( I only have zip,not rar.

Everything in this room is edible,in fact even I am edible,but that my dear chld is called cannibalism and is frowned upon in most societies.
Test Subject
#96 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 11:15 PM
I tested it and it showed up in my game, i got my Sim to get the job i wanted her to get but everytime i clicked on "Drive to Work" she just waved at her kid. What the heck?
Test Subject
#97 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Velvet Sky rox!
I love it but I can't downlaod it =( I only have zip,not rar.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm go here to download a free trail, the trail lasts for 40 days but mine never expired.

Beauty Always Comes With Dark Thoughts
Test Subject
#98 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 3:03 AM
It didn't work for me, it showed up and didn't cause any problems but the command to find a job just dropped out of the queue

--this happens for me also =(
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 9:06 PM
My sims can't use it, either. It hasn't caused any problems for my game but the action always fall out of the que.

Live, love, Laugh <3
Field Researcher
#100 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 1:50 PM
Yeah, same as the above :S
Page 4 of 12