Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Let Kids Be Kids' - Lifespan and School Vacation Mods

by Phaenoh Posted 1st Jan 2013 at 2:00 AM - Updated 5th Jul 2014 at 1:52 PM by HugeLunatic

212 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 116 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 2:05 AM
Does that happen all the time, or only during Season 2?
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Does that happen all the time, or only during Season 2?

I've been noticing it for a while, but I'm not sure about it only during Season 2. However, looking at my game, it's during the second season right now. Also, since I play all my households in rounds and this is during the spring round, that's why probably why I've noticed it.
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#128 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 11:44 PM
Hi! I am VERY interested in these mods (I have been looking for a mod for ages for awhile and this one looks like the most suited to my needs) I have 2 questions though - what will happen when I add it to my download folder? i.e. will all my existing sims re-set their ages or will they keep their current game ages and the mod will extend the days (or shorten) accordingly? If the kids are in the 2nd quad season will they suddenly just stop going to school like 'Oh hey, stop what you are doing now - summer break time!'

Either way thanks for the hard work you put into making these, they sound great!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 12:51 AM
The way all aging mods work is that the new lengths do not take effect until their next birthday. If your toddler is going to grow up in 2 days before my mod, she is still going to grow up in 2 days, but her childhood will be longer.

As for the school, if you have anyone at school during the second quad, they will still come home at the normal time, but the next day the bus won't come. You can still send them via walking or the car, but they aren't required and won't lose grad points.
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#130 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:43 AM
Thanks so much for the answers! I will try it out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:27 AM
Loving this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#132 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 3:04 PM
Thank you I tested this with InTeen, and I also have Real Life mod installed. All works fine. I put your summer vacation mod in the same folder, with Inteen, and add zz_ before your mod's name, as you adviced.
I have all EP and all SP.
Grades are increasing, no school bus is coming..well, me very happy.
I changed the Seasons to Northern, (spring summer, fall, winter). My kids will have a neat 92 days OFF school vacation...looks like a plan!
Mad Poster
#133 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 3:10 PM
The purpose of having a "Thanks Post" button and a "Post Feedback" one, seemed to have escape my brain when I posted first...so in case Thank posts are hidden, I am reposting myself to let you know about my mini-testing.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Thank you I tested this with InTeen, and I also have Real Life mod installed. All works fine. I put your summer vacation mod in the same folder, with Inteen, and add zz_ before your mod's name, as you adviced.
I have all EP and all SP.
Grades are increasing, no school bus is coming..well, me very happy.
I changed the Seasons to Northern, (spring summer, fall, winter). My kids will have a neat 92 days OFF school vacation...looks like a plan!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 3:34 PM
o.O 92 days off? I have no idea how you guys sim like that, I was so proud of myself that I was able to sim 2 days last night. My neighborhood already moves so slowly, I can't even imagine. Glad to know it is working for you though!
Mad Poster
#135 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 1:20 AM
Oh! ahahah! No..I meant, with Real Life Mod installed, a Sim year IS 365 Sim days..just like us. So if you divide by 4 seasons..about 92 days of..every season!
So no..I did not play The Sims 2 all night..just a few hours.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 1:30 AM
No, I understood what you meant. *I* was the one playing last night and I only got through 2 days.
Mad Poster
#137 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 2:03 AM
I would play all day, if I had no dishes to do & cat to feed,

Test Subject
#138 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 3:49 PM
This hasn't worked for me instead it has destroyed my game iam never downloading from you again thanks alot
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Outdoorgemma
This hasn't worked for me instead it has destroyed my game
o.O What? That's not even possible. How did it destroy your game? What other mods did you have installed? Maybe it was a bad conflict?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#140 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 4:38 AM
Modders and non-modders have been saying this for years, backup your game before installing new mods, back up regularly, regardless.
Which is what I will be doing out of habit.

Thank you so much, Phaenoh, for this! For some reason when I seen this months ago, I thought I could only use it if I played all four seasons, but rereading I see I don't need to. Don't know why I didn't get that at first, but again, thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#141 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 11:53 PM
I love this! I def want kids to enjoy being kids longer and adults to NOT have to focus their lives on having babies. After all, I don't think reproducing should be what life is all about! So thanks much for this mods but I have a question. Is there anyway I can override the plantsim lifespans in your mod with another mod's plantsim lifespans? Because I was planning on downloading a mod also to give me plantsims the same number of life stages as regular sims.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PikachuMaiden
Is there anyway I can override the plantsim lifespans in your mod with another mod's plantsim lifespans? Because I was planning on downloading a mod also to give me plantsims the same number of life stages as regular sims.
Sure is! Just make sure that whatever other lifespan mod you want for the plantsims is in the same folder as my package and is named alphabetically lower, like Z_plantslife. Or, if you feel up to it, you can open my package up in SimPE and delete out the line referencing plantsims, but renaming files is easier.
Field Researcher
#143 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 5:49 AM Last edited by Mouse : 7th Apr 2014 at 6:03 AM.
I am experiencing an Age Stagger, as we call it in TS3-land.

All of my CAS-created and University-graduated adults have different age lengths. I tend to play really large households, so I do notice it happening quite a bit.
For example, I have this family of 5 sisters. They move back in with their mother after graduation and only two of them have the same amount of days to their age span. The other three are different, one has less days to go, and the other ones have more days to go until aging. Then there's a pair of twins that no longer match up...

I hope what I'm saying makes sense. If not, tell me and I'll try to clarify.

Edit: I thought I'd better mention that I'm using the SummerVacationWintersDay version, and that I have all the Expansions.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
retired moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 3:56 PM
First, the SummerVacation thing technically has nothing to do with the age mod, but thanks for letting me know that anyways.

I don't really know why your twins are not matching up, unless they weren't in the same household for a while. The age mod takes effect next time a sim ages up, so some of the ages will 'catch up' and others will go slower. If the age differences bothers you, you can always edit the Days Left field in SimPE, or fiddle with the Elixer of Life a few times till you have them sorted.
Test Subject
#145 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:39 PM Last edited by Enah : 20th Apr 2014 at 7:30 PM.
Thank you very much for doing these great mods.

I installed both and ran the HCDU routinely. It detected a possible conflict between the Vacation mod and J.M.Pescados "Unofficial AL Patch".

Just wanted to know if I should worry about that?
I can send you the complete report if you want.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#146 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:17 PM
I absolutely love this! Thank you very much!!
Test Subject
#147 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:32 AM Last edited by jdzane : 24th Apr 2014 at 7:47 AM. Reason: added info
Hey, I downloaded just the "lifespanMod" and put it in my downloads file. New family, children born and aged up ingame after I put in the mod, and they are still standard EA lifespans. I don't have any other hacks, just some custom content. Any ideas?

Edit: I did actually download both, and the toddler's age is 6 days, but kids are at 8 and teens are at 14 (I think). My adults were at 28 a piece. Not sure what's going on....
retired moderator
Original Poster
#148 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:13 PM
Age mods only take effect after each sim's next birthday. That's why the toddlers look like they are correct, but the older sims haven't reset yet. I'm not sure why newly created CAS families aren't correct, that seems weird. You did make them *after* installing the mod, right?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 12:32 PM
I am very happy with this stuff, it was really great! Thank you very much !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:43 PM
Page 6 of 9