Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 7:14 PM
Used. Easier, faster, cheaper, you get the same thing in the end. As long as you have a reputable seller, of course.

For books I always say new if you can get it, because used book sales don't generate a royalty for the writer; but the company has moved on so far from Sims2 stuff that if you try to buy from them they give you horrible headaches, trying to sell you Origin or Sims3 instead of what you ask for, and they aren't really supplying retailers anymore. Some sellers will be selling new-in-shrink-wrap copies as used just to clear their shelves - I think that was the case with my M&G.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
The only question I have is, is it worth spending the extra $$ to get a new copy of the game and whatever downloadable content there is, or do I go the cheapest route possible and buy used?

This is my answer:

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#53 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 12:12 AM
LOL Very nicely done, M.M.A.A.

Back in the day (of The Sims - The Original), I would rush out to get all things Sim. When Sims 2 came out, after I got the base game, I mostly waited for prices to fall before getting the expansion packs. I was disappointed by a couple of the stuff packs and haven't felt like I need them all. With Sims 3, the company really has to work to get my dollar. But I can see that I need to fill in my stuff pack collection for Sims 2 at the very least.

Thanks, M.M.A.A. and Peni for your input.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
LOL Very nicely done, M.M.A.A.

Back in the day (of The Sims - The Original), I would rush out to get all things Sim. When Sims 2 came out, after I got the base game, I mostly waited for prices to fall before getting the expansion packs. I was disappointed by a couple of the stuff packs and haven't felt like I need them all. With Sims 3, the company really has to work to get my dollar. But I can see that I need to fill in my stuff pack collection for Sims 2 at the very least.

Thanks, M.M.A.A. and Peni for your input.

Your welcome. Glad you liked my simple model/theory.
Page 3 of 3