Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:42 AM Last edited by sydney511 : 18th Jun 2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: solved the issue
Can't ask sim on date
I have two sims living together and they are in love. They both want to go on a date but whenever I click on them the option to "ask on a date" doesn't come up. Could it be because one of the sims is still furious at the other? (Caught cheating) or is it for some other reason?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 7:08 AM
Yes - it is because they are furious with each other. The cheating Sim has to apologize - and apologize - and apologize again. Takes some time
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 8:55 AM
Apology fix http://cyjon.net/node/374 So apologizing actually does something, like it was supposed to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 9:26 AM
Apologizing does do something. Some Sims just forgive easier than others, so sometimes one apology is not enough, other times it is.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 10:00 AM
It's broken, which is why Cyjon made the fix. If you are finding one apology does something significant you must already have that or another fix in place.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 10:42 AM
I do not have that fix by Cyjon.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 11:09 AM
There is another one by Inge, I think?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:16 PM
I don't have the one by Inge either. I have 16 mods in total.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 1:40 PM
Mouthwatering strawberries, the smooth talk Romance perk, and couples counseling from a friend are other ways to work through the fury.

It is entirely possible that apologizing is only broken in certain game configurations and that justpetro's works just fine.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 6:16 PM
I think the apoligizing is broken because he has been furious for DAYS even though their relationship (both bars) are both back up to 100 and they are in love. Thanks for the mod.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 10:33 PM
That's what the fix is for, to make apologizing actually worth something. It does not fix them overnight but they should be okay after about 3 days of trying.

Justpetro if your game somehow does it without a fix, you are lucky.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 10:56 PM
Normally it takes 3 days for furious between Sims to go away. If for some reason it still there and has not gone down any, then get the Sim Blender and it can remove the furious state from them and if so incline to do it from the whole hood at once.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 3:39 AM
They are no longer furious but they still cannot go on a date...what should I do now? I tried going to another lot and rebooting the game but it still doesn't work. I don't think this is the cause but the sims are both male.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 4:56 AM
Same-sex dating shouldn't be a problem. I'm thinking you're gonna have to go with the 50/50 - i.e., back up your game and put it someplace safe, remove your downloads folder to a similarly safe place, see if you can get the option with no CC in place. If you can, you've got a mod conflict or a bad piece of CC or something. Put half your downloads folder back in and test again; if you can't get the option, congratulations, the problem's in that half and you can just start removing it 50% at a time till you can again. Otherwise, it's in the other half. Unless when you place the other half, you still can, in which case the problem is a conflict and you get to keep testing and removing and testing and replacing until you figure it out.

It doesn't take as long as it sounds like it does. And if you recently went on a downloading spree, give it a chance to be simple, and test your most recent downloads first!

Bear in mind that it does not have to be anything that makes sense to a human mind! This is a complex program. It doesn't work by real-world rules. I had a blouse that crashed the game when I used the photobooth to take a picture once. I tried to use a mod called "Slower LTA Gain" that works fine for most people, but for some reason in my setup and those of a couple of other people it caused the vacation clock to freeze - a situation Cyjon said was like all the toilets overflowing when you turned the lights off. Get yourself a drink, some chocolate, and something to read, possess your soul in patience, and don't let it get you down.

Once you solve it, you remove the problem file(s), replace your backup, and go merrily dating away. Good luck.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 7:43 AM
@joandsarah77 - thinking about that, maybe broken means not working properly instead of not working at all. I know some of my Sims have to keep apologising for a very long time while others are immediately forgiven. I think Matthew Picaso apologised to Katherine the maid about 30 times (she is angry with him for some reason, probably because he is so sloppy).. My interpretation of - he is not a nice Sim, so he has to apologise more - might simply be wrong. Priya Ramaswami, on the other hand, forgave Sanjay immediately after he flirted with a townie - he only had to apologise once.One of my students had to apologise 4 times before he was forgiven.

So, broken or not broken, it works for me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 11:09 PM
I found out what it was - it was a mod conflict between InTeen and a same-sex pregnancy mod I had. For some reason it made it so I couldn't ask sims on dates. I found it by chance - I checked out the readme file in the same-sex mod and it mentioned that it conflicts with InTeen. Thanks for the help