Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thanks @emeraldzephyr , I thought I had remembered something about it being the first point so I'd tried that. But after testing for a bit in the vanilla setup I realised that it's not the first point of all skills- it just seems to happen with the first point of cooking, logic or creativity. Now I had that information I spent some time trying to track down a sim who had no points in any of those in my main hood (tough, as they all cook, even the kids, and I tend to use the glockenspiel and shape sorter toy with toddlers). Then I found a kid who had just aged up, and she had the glowy bar when she got her first cooking point. So, it was working in my modded game- I just wasn't looking in the right place!
Does anyone know why it should be just cooking, logic and creativity that this happens? I tested on a few different sims so doesn't seem to be an interest/ aspiration thing. Is this the same in other people's games?

It seems to be same, my child got first cooking skill reading from book and it glowed and there was sound too, other kid who got cooking skill from oven toy didn't glow.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 10:37 PM
@simsample No, I don't have the faster skilling mod in my game. Weird, I wonder if we'll ever figure out what's causing this!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 9:49 PM
@yourfriendmichelle No, I don't have that mod.

@Bigsimsfan12 @simmer22 @Modder @CrystalFlame360 @TadOlson @trambling101 @Peace Do any of you have the mod mentioned above?

Nope lol. I remember noticing it as far back as when I would play with just a vanilla base game. It doesn't seem to happen ALL the time, so I never know what causes it...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#29 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 9:57 PM Last edited by trambling101 : 25th Mar 2021 at 10:25 PM.
Nope don't have faster skilling. I think the bar glows for skills generated through hobby-based object means or through books only.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 6:35 AM
I got it often through books as I was always unlocking the career reward bookcase with cheats in vanilla and it's unlocked in buy mode without a cheat now and other bookcases and scultures also have that effect when sims study skills from them as I use a Mod to make all bookcases have all skills available and to make the sculptures functional as bookcases.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 10:28 PM
@yourfriendmichelle No, I don't have that mod.

@Bigsimsfan12 @simmer22 @Modder @CrystalFlame360 @TadOlson @trambling101 @Peace Do any of you have the mod mentioned above?

No. But I do have one called " smart milk boost" for toddlers.

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Nope lol. I remember noticing it as far back as when I would play with just a vanilla base game.
It doesn't happen in the basegame:

What I can confirm is:
  • It doesn't happen in the basegame only game.
  • It does happen in the game with all EPs and SPs
  • More testing needed to find out which EP added this behaviour
  • It's vanilla game behaviour, not caused by mods.
  • It only seems to happen for the first point gained in cooking, logic or creativity.
  • I tested with a few different sims of different aspirations, ages and hobby interests. But of course I haven't tested with all possible combinations!
If anyone has any information to confirm/ deny any of the above, please post!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#33 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 8:28 PM
@Simsample -It's mostly from bookcases and usually for the first point of any skill gained though I noticed it after adding all of the expansions on my old computer from the disk install more than ten years ago.It happend almost every time a sim gains that first point in any skill regardless of aspiration or age.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 11:08 AM
@TadOlson - I see it only on Cooking, logic and creativity- first point only. Are you seeing something different in your game?
Page 2 of 2