Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 8:02 AM
Default Gypsy Borked?
Recently when I summon the gypsy fortuneteller, my sims can't interact with her like they used to - they can't get a date or buy potions. She comes to the lot with that sneaky walk and delivers a genie lamp...so great all my sims have genie lamps but my werewolves and vampires can't be cured!! Anyone else have this problem and any ideas abut correcting it?? Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 8:28 AM
No idea about the gipsy but you can find at Parsimonious buyable potions.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 11:15 AM
Is your game patched? The matchmaker is supposed to be fixed once you have a lamp on the lot.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 11:42 AM
You get the genie lamp when a Sim does very well on a hobby. Otherwise the gypsy will be 'normal'.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 11:50 AM
this was a bug that was reported when freetime just came out. the patch should have fixed it.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 11:53 AM
the patch adds an evil securom
u should fix it with mods or buyable pots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 5:36 PM
Avaluna, that's the way it used to work but now everyone who calls her gets a lamp. And thanks everyone I have patched the game, but rather than look any further I think buyable potions will work for me! Thanks for the reference, Crocobaura!! :D
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 7:10 PM
The patch apparently didn't completely fix the Gypsy . TwoJeffs still has it as an active needed bug fix: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,16.0.html

He did remove other mods that were obsolete, but not this one. I have it and have no problems with the gypsy. And frankly, I trust Pescado and Twojeffs more than Eaxis. *shrug*

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 5:09 PM
I don't think the patch fixed the gypsy all the way. I have the patch and my sim who had a 50 first dates LTW, he tried calling her a few times and he got lamps each time! :/ I had another sim who I wanted to have the genie lamp, I figured hey just call the gypsy :D, but this time she worked properly!
#10 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
I don't think the patch fixed the gypsy all the way. I have the patch and my sim who had a 50 first dates LTW, he tried calling her a few times and he got lamps each time! :/ I had another sim who I wanted to have the genie lamp, I figured hey just call the gypsy :D, but this time she worked properly!

lol funny lol lol
#11 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Avaluna
You get the genie lamp when a Sim does very well on a hobby. Otherwise the gypsy will be 'normal'.

So that is how I get the genie Thanks
#12 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Recently when I summon the gypsy fortuneteller, my sims can't interact with her like they used to - they can't get a date or buy potions. She comes to the lot with that sneaky walk and delivers a genie lamp

That happens to me too. I used the lamp the first time but I really wanted her to come, not another lamp. It was a bummer until I realized I could get an easy 1,000 simoleans for each lamp deliverered I do want it fixed so I'll have to download the patch.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th May 2014 at 5:35 PM
Hi everyone!

I have a problem with the gipsy too ....when i call her, she comes but i don't have any option, i have option just like she was a normal woman. I cannot ask for a blind date or a potion ...do you know what is the problem ??
Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th May 2014 at 5:45 PM
Have you recently installed a mod? I had a similar problem with the Gypsy not turning up at all when I had just installed Nightlife and forgot to update InTeen (or maybe it was when I installed the next EP, but forgot to update Inteen) - even if you haven't installed a mod recently, some things seem to randomly start conflicting after time even though they were fine at first, so check where you got your mods from, usually it would say if it conflicts with another mod.

If not, then there's always buyable potions as well as the Sim Transformer painting here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=283201 until you can find out whats wrong with your game.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 13th May 2014 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WorkYourMagic
the patch adds an evil securom
u should fix it with mods or buyable pots

SecuROM was added in Bon Voyage and later, not in a patch, I believe. Patches are essential to the game; SuckYouROM is not.

Also.... what's a "buyable pot"?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th May 2014 at 9:24 PM
That reply was posted June 2008, so I doubt the person will be back but I'm guessing buyable pots are buyable potions since the Original poster was complaining about not being able to get cure potions.

SecuROM was added to the disc itself on Bon Voyage and all EPs and SPs after Bon Voyage, not the patches.

TwoJeffs still has a mod here to fix the gypsy not doing potions after delivering a genie lamp: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=16.0