Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#11976 Old 15th May 2021 at 2:23 PM
I remembered something that occasionally nags me. I think it's definitely possible (especially with Sun & Moon over at Plumbob Keep) but I would love tendable llamas. Ones that you could feed, care for, harvest wool from, etc. I'm surprised no one has done it yet that I could find, but the functions have been created for other animals. The closest I could think of getting to replicating it myself would be to stick a life-like llama sculpture over a tendable sheep. I just want Patrizio Monty to be able to actually have his llama ranch, darn it!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#11978 Old 16th May 2021 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I'm getting so sick of my musically-untalented sims torturing everyone on community lots

There's gummilutt's Music Autonomy Overhaul . Not as nuaced as your ideas - any Sim with Creativity 5+ can play - but it may save some sanity.
Forum Resident
#11979 Old 16th May 2021 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
I remembered something that occasionally nags me. I think it's definitely possible (especially with Sun & Moon over at Plumbob Keep) but I would love tendable llamas. Ones that you could feed, care for, harvest wool from, etc. I'm surprised no one has done it yet that I could find, but the functions have been created for other animals. The closest I could think of getting to replicating it myself would be to stick a life-like llama sculpture over a tendable sheep. I just want Patrizio Monty to be able to actually have his llama ranch, darn it!

There are the llamas made by Strange Tomato, which are technically dogs, but I use them in place of llamas. This is a link to the brown one, but there's a link in that post to a spotted and a light one as well. Like I said, they're technically dogs, so you can't get fur from them or whatever, but they *are* llamas, kind of. Sometimes they bark, but that's because they're bilingual.
Field Researcher
#11980 Old 17th May 2021 at 3:08 PM
I wish there were sand bags which sims ACTUALLY USE when they clean the pet potty. I kniw they appear when you clean pet potty, but I want an actual/usable/functional sand bag.
Top Secret Researcher
#11981 Old 18th May 2021 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
I wish there were sand bags which sims ACTUALLY USE when they clean the pet potty. I kniw they appear when you clean pet potty, but I want an actual/usable/functional sand bag.

Gummilutt has something like that for pet food. So it might be possible.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#11982 Old 18th May 2021 at 12:03 PM
One thing that I would love is if a skilled modder managed to figure out how to create custom wants!
Sims can't roll wants to buy or use custom objects, such as Sun&Moon sets, Deedee's woodcrafting bench and gnome crafting bench...
I play want-based and if custom wants were possible, these objects would insert naturally in the gameplay! My sims could want to start a farm or craft gnomes without me deciding it for them.
Mad Poster
#11983 Old 18th May 2021 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beyondsight
There's gummilutt's Music Autonomy Overhaul . Not as nuaced as your ideas - any Sim with Creativity 5+ can play - but it may save some sanity.

OMG the card version of this is absolutely perfect. Thank you!!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#11984 Old 30th May 2021 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
The walls were thinner?

I remember them being thinner. I suppose I should make another account on my Mac and install base game only, then have a look. I'm tired of my fridges and counters clipping into those walls as much as they do.
Instructor
#11985 Old 31st May 2021 at 4:16 AM
This, but less chance of genie lamp. If it exists, I cannot find it. Does anyone know the default amount?

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#11986 Old 31st May 2021 at 4:57 AM
It's calculated based on your sims' lifetime aspiration points and hobby enthusiasm. It seems like the easiest way to make the genie lamp less frequent would be to change it to be a chance out of 1000 or something instead of a chance out of 100, which would make it ten times less likely. Or you could pick some other number to make it only however many times less likely.
Forum Resident
#11987 Old 31st May 2021 at 10:12 PM
Has anybody ever made a mod to make it possible TO delete spoiled food? You could do this in Sims1, but you can't do it in Sims2 - and the sims, even the help staff, are low-grade morons when it comes to cleaning up after themselves.
Field Researcher
#11988 Old 31st May 2021 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
Has anybody ever made a mod to make it possible TO delete spoiled food? You could do this in Sims1, but you can't do it in Sims2 - and the sims, even the help staff, are low-grade morons when it comes to cleaning up after themselves.

You can use testingcheatsenabled (the debug cheat) to force an error on the plate and delete it.
Mad Poster
#11989 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
This, but less chance of genie lamp. If it exists, I cannot find it. Does anyone know the default amount?

I have one by Simmodder, but I can't find where I got it from. You could try posting a WCIF.

This is from the Readme file:

Reduced wealth given by genie (10000+5000)
Genie arriving is now a much rarer event.
Old logic:
Chance = 2% + 2% for each sim > 66% LTA + 1% each sim >= 8 hobby enthusiasm
New logic
Chance = 2% for each sim > 75% LTA + 1% each sim >= 66% LTA

Forum Resident
#11990 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Khal Ulti
You can use testingcheatsenabled (the debug cheat) to force an error on the plate and delete it.

You can also, I discovered, use the "moveobjects on" cheat to delete the plate by deleting the surface it's on - but that gets expensive (and then you have to resort to "kaching" or "motherlode").
Forum Resident
#11991 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 1:23 AM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 2nd Jun 2021 at 1:34 AM.
What I want in a butler mod:

Butler starts work as soon as he arrives (CJHatch, "Butler Controller Fix").
Butler cooks decent food, not junk food (Cyjon, "Better Butler Meals" - but does it have a stop code?)
Butler cooks only as much food as will comfortably serve the number of hungry sims actually present on the lot at the time. (And that means no cooking for sims who aren't hungry, who are sleeping, who are at work/school, or who are...bizzee. Also no babies, toddlers, Servos, Plantsims, vampires, werewolves, zombies, ghosts, etc. Beware broken code.)
Leftovers to be left on the kitchen counter and nowhere else - if no counter space, "Put Away Leftovers".
Butler to STOP cooking when the above conditions are met! (Nobody seems to have a Stop code!)
Butler NOT to roam the house and lot looking for flat surfaces to place food that no one will eat!
Butler leaves the lot no later than 11 pm regardless of any remaining work of any sort. (He can pick it up again in the morning.)
Test Subject
#11992 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 5:30 PM
a mod that changes every sim into a woman (or at least, playables only) once it's loaded into a neighborhood. dangerous npcs and object npcs are left alone to be on the safe side. i don't want to use SimPE 24/7 to change every neighborhood to my liking.

i very much doubt this is possible though

mostly sims 2 and sims 3. 4 on occasion
Forum Resident
#11993 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by floodedbaths
a mod that changes every sim into a woman (or at least, playables only) once it's loaded into a neighborhood. dangerous npcs and object npcs are left alone to be on the safe side. i don't want to use SimPE 24/7 to change every neighborhood to my liking.

i very much doubt this is possible though

I don't know if it's a suitable replacement, but midge the tree was once asked about a mod to make the game only generate female sims, so maybe you could follow their advice? I don't remember what post it was exactly, but you might find it on their tumblr archive
Test Subject
#11994 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 11:55 PM Last edited by floodedbaths : 3rd Jun 2021 at 12:24 AM. Reason: question
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I don't know if it's a suitable replacement, but midge the tree was once asked about a mod to make the game only generate female sims, so maybe you could follow their advice? I don't remember what post it was exactly, but you might find it on their tumblr archive

I'll take a look. Like I said, I don't even know if what I want- like some sort of automated process that replaces all gender strings ending in twos with strings that end in ones - is actually feasible. If only I had any programming skill!

Would it be a bad idea to ask midge themselves about it? Not request, but just ask a question?

Scholar
#11995 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 12:27 AM
Id like to be able to export a house without the sims living in it. Sometimes I remake a house the sims live in and I want to save it but not them.
Alchemist
#11996 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 1:04 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 3rd Jun 2021 at 1:47 AM.
@floodedbaths, not sure if that's possible for an existing hood but should be for a new hood. I think @Chris Hatch has mods to make an all female hood. Or I think I remember reading he had one. I'll try to look around as it may be with his adult mods and idk if those are archived anywhere.

And @kewpie you can do that with the TS2 Clean Installer. There are buttons at the top to select All, the Lot and Objects, or just Lot Only and no objects (useful if you ever want an empty version of a lot with cc). I forget the exact names but the options are there.

Once you install the lot without sims, I would go in, clean it with the Lot Cleaner, make sure it doesn't have SDHG (it you have SuperDuperHugTest installed, it'll find and delete it), and maybe delete sim references, and you're good to go.

ETA: Yes, floodedbaths, looks like Back Alley Sims was archived by DigitalAngels/Hermit Fox/foxmanic here and you're looking for the Single Gender Neighbourhood Mods zip and maybe Female Butlers.

Here's the Read Me:

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#11997 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I have one by Simmodder, but I can't find where I got it from. You could try posting a WCIF.

This is from the Readme file:

Reduced wealth given by genie (10000+5000)
Genie arriving is now a much rarer event.
Old logic:
Chance = 2% + 2% for each sim > 66% LTA + 1% each sim >= 8 hobby enthusiasm
New logic
Chance = 2% for each sim > 75% LTA + 1% each sim >= 66% LTA

Thanks for this!! Based on this information I was able to find it! Simmodder had made one but it was only uploaded onto TinyUpload which is apparently gone now? Found it reuploaded here.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Test Subject
#11998 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@floodedbaths, not sure if that's possible for an existing hood but should be for a new hood. I think @Chris Hatch has mods to make an all female hood. Or I think I remember reading he had one. I'll try to look around as it may be with his adult mods and idk if those are archived anywhere.

And @kewpie you can do that with the TS2 Clean Installer. There are buttons at the top to select All, the Lot and Objects, or just Lot Only and no objects (useful if you ever want an empty version of a lot with cc). I forget the exact names but the options are there.

Once you install the lot without sims, I would go in, clean it with the Lot Cleaner, make sure it doesn't have SDHG (it you have SuperDuperHugTest installed, it'll find and delete it), and maybe delete sim references, and you're good to go.

ETA: Yes, floodedbaths, looks like Back Alley Sims was archived by DigitalAngels/Hermit Fox/foxmanic here and you're looking for the Single Gender Neighbourhood Mods zip and maybe Female Butlers.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. Might honestly take a look into modding to see if all playables can be made one gender in one go.

Forum Resident
#11999 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 9:45 PM
Y'all know how if you have no20khandouts and the money order mod, you can put a money order with a certain amount into your sim's inventory, then when you have them move out, they will only take that much?

There should be a mod that does something similar for inheritance: you take an item, add X much money to it, select a sim for it, then put it in the dying sim's inventory. Then, when they die, only those sims who were assigned such an item would get inheritance from them, and only that amount. It could be a good fix for the whole thing where either everyone gets fifty million from inheritance, or nothing at all.
Mad Poster
#12000 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 3:34 PM
That is such an awesome idea! I guess it would get complicated though if the recipient sims had died earlier or if the deceased did not have enough money or something.

Page 480 of 576