Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 4:49 PM
How to make a Community Lot Wedding?
Hello everyone, as the title says...

I have already have a wedding hall built, so I need all the info you have/got.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 5:08 PM
I think people use teleporters to get sims into their lot.

I have tried the 'go for an outing' thing but most of the times all the sims end up leaving once arriving on the lot. I haven't had one in a long time since I can never have it to work out the way I want (Having the limo scene, etc.) but I read that lots of people just teleport their guests there.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 5:10 PM
I got a lot of advice on that subject last September, in a thread you can find here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...&highlight=Sell

If you want to have an actual party, you'll need the Party on Community Lots hack. Which I personally am not finding very satisfactory - so far it has only allowed me to invite two people, and the second time it did not prevent the bride from walking off the lot as soon as the wedding was completed. I think the bride's mother may have left the lot before the vows were said in the first one - didn't see it happen, but she was nowhere on the lot when I went to look for her. You can run the wedding as a date or an outing, or just have your sims show up to exchange vows and teleport in any witnesses you like with your preferred teleportation method. Everybody on the lot will at least attempt to whirl into their formal duds, whether you've called for a formal wedding party or not, but if there's a lot of people not all of them will succeed and your game will lag like heck. "Too many" is of course a system-specific number. The Visitor and Meeting Controllers may be able to help you keep the numbers to a level you're comfortable with.

Otherwise it works just like a residential lot wedding.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 5:22 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 11th Jun 2012 at 5:34 PM.
Ok, so for the formal wear, I have the wardrobe adjustor where everyone can wear formal, but I want a party and I don't think that every wedding will have a lot of sims. So is there a special phone hack for community lots? Also, I have Inteen, which allows me to enable buy and build mode while playing a family at a community lot.

ETA: Thanks for the link Peni.

Also, the hack is not compatible with Seasons or Pets.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,9570.0.html
Link Ninja
#5 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 5:50 PM
I just made a chapel as a residential lot that has a pastor-sim grounds-keeper with all the wedding dresses in the closet for ladies to change into. When two sims move out of college they go there and have their wedding parties. It's less of a hassle.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 9:24 PM
I just had one recently, and here's how I did it. The bride and groom were living together at the time, so I summoned all the guests to their home lot early on the wedding morning with the Sim Blender and asked them one-by-one to form a casual group (ust for fun). Once I had all the guests, I used the SimBlender to change them all into their formalwear and then sent them off to the church. Since they're all in a group, they shouldn't wander off the lot, although I did have the wedding at the very beginning, followed by food and dancing, to keep needs up.

In retrospect, I should've used the Visitor Controller to ban anyone who wasn't a member of the wedding party, or used it to make the wedding crashers change into formalwear. Other than that, though, it was great. I did the wedding first, then opened the buffet, then cut the cake, then turned on the music for dancing. That made sure that everyone was where they were supposed to be.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady L.
Since they're all in a group, they shouldn't wander off the lot, although I did have the wedding at the very beginning, followed by food and dancing, to keep needs up.

Is that why I have that problem? I'm not keeping up with their needs? It feels like I do it straight away as well hmmm maybe my sims are just scared of churches
Alchemist
#8 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.

ETA: Thanks for the link Peni.

Also, the hack is not compatible with Seasons or Pets.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,9570.0.html
There's another hack on page 3 for AL. Does anyone know if that one is also incompatible with Pets and Seasons?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 10:30 PM
You can hold a wedding on a community lot, but be warned you may end up with a sim couple who forever wear engagement rings, Also if you want to film it for a story it's much harder. Turning it into a residential lot makes filming a whole lot easier and your guaranteed of wedding rings. Last wedding I held in a park which I filmed I simply changed the zoning to residential and teleported everyone there. I even had three toddlers although they were quite difficult as I wanted the boys on little chairs but they would not stay so I had to freeze them with the freezer clock and ended yp zapping them away and back a couple of times. I sat the girl on an OMPS on her mother’s lap which worked better. Of course you might have more sense than to involve toddlers. But they sure looked cute.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#10 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can hold a wedding on a community lot, but be warned you may end up with a sim couple who forever wear engagement rings

Ooh! Never knew that caused that, my recent newlyweds still have their engagement rings, although me noticing that is surprising to begin with xD

I do community weddings alot, using that 'allow party at community lots' hack. A member needs a cell phone to 'throw party' when they are on the lot. As mentioned earlier, the biggest downfall is that once the guests arrive, some will turn around and leave right away. So usually the weddings dont have all the important family members you wanted. I still do it anyways, since it usually looks more crowded and formal than doing it at home.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:06 PM
Last time I did it, I placed the SimBlender and the Simlogical formalwear sign in the church. I've also got a pie menu plug-in that allows me to click on sims and change their clothes. So everyone wound up in formal wear one way or another. I prefer to teleport rather than make a group because if you book a vacation as a honeymoon and then make a group for the wedding, everyone in the group will end up on the honeymoon!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
There's another hack on page 3 for AL. Does anyone know if that one is also incompatible with Pets and Seasons?

I found the AL version already, but thanks.

Wow, I have been reading a lot of stuff, so I'm really not sure on what to do, should I turn the wedding hall into a residential lot, and summon the lovers and their families into it and have the throw the party there...??? UGH!

Its seems to me that the best option is to have it on a residential, which is their current home.

Still...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:11 PM
It's easy enough to change a community lot to residential if you have the buyable mail box and bin. You can even turn it back to a community lot once you are done if you want it as a place to visit.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:17 PM
My personal preference is to make everyone important selectable once we're on the lot. I teleport sims in with Inge's cat. Then I can tell them what to do. You need a fairly powerful rig for that though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#15 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 12:20 AM
Don't despair, MMAA - try it a few times and change it up. You may find that you like a combination of techniques that don't do exactly what you envisioned better than what you envisioned. Lag and all, I've had loads of fun with most of my community lot weddings. The first one, which was spur-of-the-moment on a date before I even knew there were teleporters, three close friends were on the lot and became the People They Could Get Hold Of At a Moment's Notice. The one I did after starting that thread I linked to had lots and lots of lag and traffic jams and absurd situations and was fun as all get-out (Amazingly crappy pix even by my standards here: http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/...Sim%20wedding/), and my weddings at St. Elvis's Wedding Chapel have all been very good times, whether scored parties or not. Only that most recent one, where the bride decided to leave right away, was a disappointment.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#16 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
I found the AL version already, but thanks.

I'm glad. I kind of wanted to know if anyone here who was using the more up to date one was using it with all the EPs installed though.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Is that why I have that problem? I'm not keeping up with their needs? It feels like I do it straight away as well hmmm maybe my sims are just scared of churches

Are you forming your sims into a group with the Nightlife option, or are you just inviting a bunch of them over to the community lot? If it's the latter, then they're probably just leaving like any non-invited sim would. But with a group, they won't leave (except for needs, I think, but I'm not sure.) But yeah, it's better to keep up with needs anyway. The last thing you need is a bride waving her arms around complaining that she's not having fun at her wedding.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 3:09 AM
I do the same thing as Charmful, except the bride and groom move into said residential chapel. From there I use a variety of objects: Merola's Mind Control Mirror, TJ's Visitor Controller, and Numenor and Mary Lou's hacked coat hook to keep the wedding perfect. Because the chapel is close to his house, it's also easy for the new couple in town to meet the pastor and have him there for the ceremony. This way everyone has rings and no one leaves until it's time to go!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady L.
Are you forming your sims into a group with the Nightlife option, or are you just inviting a bunch of them over to the community lot? If it's the latter, then they're probably just leaving like any non-invited sim would. But with a group, they won't leave (except for needs, I think, but I'm not sure.) But yeah, it's better to keep up with needs anyway. The last thing you need is a bride waving her arms around complaining that she's not having fun at her wedding.

No I invite everyone over at the house and then I add them to the outing and then go to the community lot. And a handful of them like to leave right as we get to it >
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 3:26 AM
Maybe those sims have jobs or low needs? I would maxmotive everyone to take care of needs, jobs well I guess you would have to have them quit or if they need those jobs try changing the hour to something suitable for everyone who really needs to be there.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 4:04 AM
I'd say needs were probably the problem--I had a lot of sims with a variety of jobs including one child with school that day and none of them ran off. (None of them were selectable other than the bride and groom, neither of whom were working that day.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Only that most recent one, where the bride decided to leave right away, was a disappointment.

Well, you can't argue with that - she obviously didn't want to get married and left her spouse at the altar. Excellent story opportunity right there. He could be bitter for years and years to come and plot her downfall (like my 'lovely' RL brother - most common reaction nowadays: "will you just shut up about it for once.")

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 11:55 AM
Ok, just to let everyone know, my laptop is failry new and with great system specs: 4 GB RAM, nVidia video card, etc..., so no worries, I have had many sims up to 20 on one lot oncce, and it was running pretty fine. I have set Up the max no. of visitors to 30.

So do my sims need to have mobiles in order for the community lot party hack to work?

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can hold a wedding on a community lot, but be warned you may end up with a sim couple who forever wear engagement rings,...

Also, the engagement ring issue can be fixed if you move out and in you sims.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 1:34 PM
Sparrow didn't leave Gerry at the altar - they got married and as soon as she appeared in the HUD she had the leaving icon in her queue. Which dragged him after her. I tried to cancel them, but as fast as I canceled it in one the other got it, so I finally gave up and hoped the party would resume at the house, but no dice. I'm glad I got to the "Get Married" action before the leaving happened; Maxon's right, it would've been story, but Sparrow and Gerry already have lots of story, thank you!

Yes, you have to have the mobile phone to use the hack. It also enables parties that wouldn't be normally available - anybody can throw a toga party with it, for instance.

Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 3:04 PM
M.M.A.A. maybe you can make a test couple to try out all the theories? Of course you wouldn't be able to marry them each time (or maybe you can if you don't save? not sure how that would work on a community lot though) I'm really interested in this too because I built a pretty nice chapel for my sims with a party room and a nice 'romantic' garden but I haven't used it once in fear of my parties going wrong lol.
Page 1 of 3