Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 4:18 PM
Default Did You Know
All of this I got from Snooty Sims.

Quote: Originally posted by Snooty Sims
This list cointains some options in the game that you normally wouldn't notice at first and some other bits of info. Some of the things in this list may be known to some from when you first started up the game while others didn't come across it after 2 years of intensively playing.
This info is collected from several forumtopics, the Prima guides and own experiences.

Did you know...

- that mean sims can cheat with chess and darts by clicking on the dart- chessboard?
- the mechanic can also be electrocuted during fixing something?
- the expensive grandfather clock can fall into pieces while repairing it?
- your Sim can swim on its back while clicking him in the pool?
- you can talk to the unborn baby?
- you can pay off a Sim that kicks your trashcan?
- the expensive wall TV falls into pieces when it's used after having it moved with Boolprop active?
- Sloppy sims may occasionally pee in the shower or the bushes?
- even Nice sims enjoy destroying the dollhouse?
- you can overwater your plant which make them all brown and dead?
- also that you can overfeed your fish?
- when you have 2 or more pc's, your Sims can play a LAN game?
- Sims can watch tv in bed?
- you can free the burglar after it's captured in the policecar?
- unaccepted pizza never turns bad?
- 2 social bunnies can make out with eachother?
- when a Sim is on the phone, another Sim can join that conversation by clicking on another phone?
- Sloppy Sims can lick a plate 'clean'?
- Sims that went through University have the option to sleep on the floor?
- Sim made paintings rise in value alot after the painter dies?
- really sloppy Sims (0-1 point) can salvage money from the trashcan?
- in the Sims universe, there are 2 moons?
- teens get zits if their 5 day average of hygiene is below 50%?
- a refrigerator will never be stolen?
- you can 'encourage' a younger Sim to add or subtract personality points?
- you can alter Interests by buying and reading magazines?
- a child with negative aspiration may stomp flowers, ruin paintings or even smash an urn?
- you can watch tv from the toilet?
- there's a free-moving camera in Bodyshop by pressing F3?
- you can place small statues and flowers on mantelplaces and some dressers?
- you get a §500.-- fine if you call the police or firebrigade when there's no emergency?
- kids can recieve a 1-time §100.-- reward from a non-existing grandparent if it has good grades?
- baby's/kids/toddlers taken away by the social worker may turn up for adoption?
- a teen can runaway if it has a bad relationship (-20/-20) with all household members?
- if permission to go out is denied, the Sneak Out option for teens comes available on the phone after 10 pm?
- when 2 Sims in a house follow the same career and 1 is higher up the careerladder, that Sim can 'pull some strings' to get the other promoted?
- when juggling coffeecups (not those from the fridge), another Sim can join the juggling?
- a Lazy Sim with low mood may smash the alarm clock when it wakes him up?
- toddlers that learned to walk, may sneak out of the crib autonomously?
- pressing TAB in the game or Neighbourhood makes it possible to zoom in real close (WS-QE buttons)?
- the game was delayed for 6 months, the main reason for adding wants & fears?
- that originally there was supposed to be a thirst and mind need?
- and that social was devided between friends and family social?

http://www.snootysims.com/extrasindex.php?id=didyouknow

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Did you know...

Yes , except for...

- even Nice sims enjoy destroying the dollhouse
- you can overfeed your fish (I never use aquariums)
- unaccepted pizza never turns bad (Hmm. Good to know.)
- Sim made paintings rise in value alot after the painter dies (That's awesome)
- you can watch tv from the toilet (Okay, I know what I'm putting in all my sims' bathrooms from now on)
- there's a free-moving camera in Bodyshop by pressing F3
- when 2 Sims in a house follow the same career and 1 is higher up the careerladder, that Sim can 'pull some strings' to get the other promoted (Is this an automatic thing or what?)
- a Lazy Sim with low mood may smash the alarm clock when it wakes him up (That's funny. Too bad I've never ever used an alarm clock. )
- pressing TAB in the game or Neighbourhood makes it possible to zoom in real close (WS-QE buttons)
- the game was delayed for 6 months, the main reason for adding wants & fears (Very good call on their part)
- originally there was supposed to be a thirst and mind need
- social was divided between friends and family social

- you can free the burglar after it's captured in the policecar (This one...I've tried it a couple times - using a mean sim like you're supposed to - but my timing must be off because the option shows up to click but by the time my sim gets to the door it doesn't work, grumble, grumble.)
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:18 PM
Why did you italicize some of them?
And I knew most/some of those. Although can Sims really help other sims get promoted if they have the same job?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:26 PM
I would've thought the "What did you discover today" thread would be a better place for these.
Theorist
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:40 PM
If you want to read my short comments on every note in OP, hit that spoiler button.
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:51 PM Last edited by esmeiolanthe : 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:51 PM. Reason: Typos inhibit understanding
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
- you can talk to the unborn baby?
Yes, through "Baby... > Talk to Belly", but does it cause any type of relationship change between the one who calls the interaction and the baby?

I believe it does, but I haven't tested this scientifically.

- when you have 2 or more pc's, your Sims can play a LAN game?
I believe FT is required for that. Could be wrong.

FT is not required. I have only as far as BV, and my sims can have a LAN party if there are two or more computers on the lot. I think that may have come into the game with Uni (or at least I didn't notice it until after I got Uni).

Not true. There's a Sim that is currently attending university that is able to do that (the girl from SSU in the sorority house, the one dressed all in pink). And, I've had lots of Sims finish university, and I've never got the interaction.

This is true, but they have to be very tired -- in the orange if not the red. Any sim in Uni or graduated from Uni has the option.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 9:02 PM
Quote:
if permission to go out is denied, the Sneak Out option for teens comes available on the phone after 10 pm?

Permission doesn't necessarily have to be denied. The Sneak Out will appear after 10 pm, even if the teen has not asked a family member for permission to go out.
Theorist
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
This is true, but they have to be very tired -- in the orange if not the red. Any sim in Uni or graduated from Uni has the option.
I am honestly stunned. I am SO loading my game right now!

Can it actually be possible that I've always missed the option in my Sim pie menus? I must've been more tired than my Sims then! Thanks for clarifying this for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 9:55 PM
The repairman getting electrocuted is not new to the series. The repairman in The Sims 1 had a small chance of being electrocuted as well.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Why did you italicize some of them?
And I knew most/some of those. Although can Sims really help other sims get promoted if they have the same job?

Those are the ones I did not know about. To the 2nd ? I don't know but I will try it out some time.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:02 AM

Our education standards really are lowering if this is the skill that students are coming out of University with. XD
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 1:48 AM
- you can overwater your plant which make them all brown and dead?

I discovered that for myself this week. My Sim moved into a tiny house, with a tinier garden on Monday morning, He had two tiles of flowers next to the front door. You really can't hire a gardener for two tiles!! So on Tuesday evening he watered the flowers himself. All the flowers in one of the tiles immediately shrivelled up and died. I thought I must have left them too long, but it seems I must have watered them too soon!

But, Maxis, in real life you do water in new plants!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 10:06 AM
Heh, I always found the goldfish upped and died on me if I forgot one day of feeding. So I overfeed them and they die anyway lol.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 12:08 PM
I'm amazed i knew everyone of them

"baby's/kids/toddlers taken away by the social worker may turn up for adoption?" When child/toddler/baby gets taken away on my game i ALWAYS get the child/toddler/baby back on the first "try" when i call adoption services

~maggie
Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Although can Sims really help other sims get promoted if they have the same job?

Yes, and they don't have to live in the same household. If a Sim is friends with another Sim in the same career and the friend is higher up the ladder than your Sim, then they can "pull strings." I've had it happen a few times, and the "puller" has never lived in the same household as but was friends with the "pull-ee." So, it helps to make friends with those Sims that your Sim brings home from work. If they're higher up than your Sim, there's a possible benefit to it beyond merely adding another friend.

As for the list, I knew pretty much all of them except that Sims will watch TV while sitting on the pot. But what's the point of that? Me, I have a little wall-mounted TV in my RL bathroom but it's for watching stuff while I'm soaking in my Jacuzzi tub. Toilets are too uncomfortable to sit on for long.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.