Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6001 Old 4th May 2021 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nottakenaway
When a specific house crashes the game. I'm trying to enter the McGreggor farm for the first time and I can't!
crash crash crash crash crash 7 times in a row, taking things out and fiddling with this and googling that and nada zip zilch.
I was having a lot of fun with other houses, and this huge time wasting setback just... deflates me. I feel my heart in my stomach and I'm kind of hating sims now.

I'm probably too late with this, but try putting boolprop on in nhood view before you load the lot. It typically lets you delete the offending item.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#6002 Old 9th May 2021 at 2:19 PM
Now I'm not good at SimPE, nor do I know how to create my own custom objects, but sometimes some creators leave the "stats" of the object they clone in, and don't adjust it to the price of their CC. Like, some time ago I downloaded this nice colonial set, but when I looked in the game, they had like 6 energy on the beds, but their prices were somewhere around the ikea beds. I wish I knew how to work SimPE to fix them for myself...
Mad Poster
#6003 Old 9th May 2021 at 6:36 PM
It's when the walk to work and walk to school actions went MIA with installing UC and having to wait so long to finally get a Mod to fix that issue since it made apartments almost unplayable unless the sims were working at a community lot or were working at home.I couldn't have the hold a regular jobe while living in apartments.
Top Secret Researcher
#6004 Old 29th May 2021 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Now I'm not good at SimPE, nor do I know how to create my own custom objects, but sometimes some creators leave the "stats" of the object they clone in, and don't adjust it to the price of their CC. Like, some time ago I downloaded this nice colonial set, but when I looked in the game, they had like 6 energy on the beds, but their prices were somewhere around the ikea beds. I wish I knew how to work SimPE to fix them for myself...

There are various threads on how to change the price in SimPE, one of which is here
Mad Poster
#6005 Old 30th May 2021 at 9:54 PM
The fact that the Nautical "theme" from FF is literally just 6 build mode decorative items AND THAT'S IT.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#6006 Old 31st May 2021 at 3:09 AM
Loading into the Pleasants household for the first time and having to keep everyone away from slapping Lilliths face until they all faint is one thing I both can't get over, and hate. She can't even exist without 4 "Be Slapped" interactions lined up
Forum Resident
#6007 Old 31st May 2021 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Burnziie
Loading into the Pleasants household for the first time and having to keep everyone away from slapping Lilliths face until they all faint is one thing I both can't get over, and hate. She can't even exist without 4 "Be Slapped" interactions lined up

You can actually prevent this easily by occupying the household members with something, such as skilling. That way, Lilith will only get one person trailing her with bad intent, at most. The Grunts have the same problem, which can be prevented the same way.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#6008 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

Changing prices of an object is one of the simplest things to learn in SimPE. I would encourage you to give it a go It is a great feeling to know you have done something like this and it honestly is not hard. If you can post on MTS, you can do this.

If you are worried about breaking the object, copy and paste it into a separate folder for testing. Then rename it with "TEST" in the filename. Put that version into your game to check it. If it works, you can rename to delete the test, and delete the original file

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#6009 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 5:14 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 2nd Jun 2021 at 5:16 AM. Reason: punctuation
@sugoisama agree with simsfreq.

Here's a link to Rebecah's How to Increase Energy and Comfort for a Bed. Since you are not cloning a Maxis bed, you should be able to skip to editing the Sleep Set Motives BHAV. Though you might want to clone a bed to see what the values you want are. (Phaenoh goes over cloning in Recatagorizing Maxis Content - Objects Tutorial.)

I have been toying with the idea of writing a comprehensive SimPE basics tutorial for object editing, because I keep seeing so many asks or posts about a lack of SimPE knowledge. Plus information tends to be stored in bits and pieces all over the place, which is incredibly annoying when you're trying to work on something. But you know, what, the OBJD page on the Sims wiki is actually a good place to start, covering almost all the things that I would. And it taught me a thing or two that I didn't know. (Which is how I found it. I was looking for things that I missed that would belong in a basics tutorial.) And HugeLunatic actually has quite an impressive tutorial database here, which detailed pictures, too.

So, you know, it's never too late to learn. And, as I remember another simmer pointing out once, this is the site for learning how to do things.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6010 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 10:00 PM
I wanted a bunch of teens randomized, and had the bright idea (I know, right? I should know better) that I could use the Tombstone of Life and Death to produce them.
So I have my one 'hit the dice a bunch' CAS sim, and out of 17 'random' Tombstone generated teens, ONE blond, ONE romance sim, ZERO pleasure sims.

Ugh. I want randomness, please and thank you.

*goes back to fan-made generator for random CAS sims*

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#6011 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 9:21 PM
I wanted to play my game today and the weather is awful and I can only write down the biography of each Pleasantview family's ancestors for my Pleasantview Epic Challenge so I'd know who to create next.
Test Subject
#6012 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 1:53 PM
Sims constantly turning into Plantsims was my biggest peeve until I found jfade's No Chance of Plant Sim mod. I had always wanted to have some kind of working farm but turning into a Plantsim just put me off doing it.
Does anyone actually like playing Plantsims? I've never really tried playing any of the Maxis pre-made ones or creating my own before.
Scholar
#6013 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Creeds
Sims constantly turning into Plantsims was my biggest peeve until I found jfade's No Chance of Plant Sim mod. I had always wanted to have some kind of working farm but turning into a Plantsim just put me off doing it.
Does anyone actually like playing Plantsims? I've never really tried playing any of the Maxis pre-made ones or creating my own before.

I love PlantSims, but I'm not a fan of the way Sims suddenly become PlantSims. In the Riverblossom Empire, Rose's descendants grow all the empire's food, act as nannies to the royal family, care for orphans and the elderly, and take care of urns and tombstones until the ghost spawns, at which point they send the deceased to the cemetery. The advantage of having them grow all the food is that nobody else needs to grow anything, so I don't have random regular Sims suddenly becoming PlantSims. They are two separate species, each with their own distinct lifestyle and form of government. Rose's Sim lover became an honorary PlantSim in his old age courtesy of the Batbox, but their son together is being raised as Sim, since that gives him more rights (Sims in the empire are patriarchal and PlantSims are matriarchal).

Incidentally, it's the use of insecticide that causes a Sim to become a PlantSim, so you could have a working farm without running the risk of getting PlantSims if you use greenhouses to protect ground crops and don't have too many trees.
Mad Poster
#6014 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 5:59 AM
Why are there so many wardrobes/dressers that have an identical-except-slightly-smaller version as a different object? Looking at the catalog right now I see at least 6 different instances of this (depending on how you define it)... that's SIX different objects that could have actually been something genuinely NEW!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#6015 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Incidentally, it's the use of insecticide that causes a Sim to become a PlantSim, so you could have a working farm without running the risk of getting PlantSims if you use greenhouses to protect ground crops and don't have too many trees.
So, a greenhouse prevents plants from becoming infected with bugs? I didn't know that!

I also found this thread that discusses the usefulness of the ladybug/ladybird house in regards to getting rid of the infections:
https://modthesims.info/t/483276
Mad Poster
#6016 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee on 20th June
I wanted a bunch of teens randomized, and had the bright idea (I know, right? I should know better) that I could use the Tombstone of Life and Death to produce them.
So I have my one 'hit the dice a bunch' CAS sim, and out of 17 'random' Tombstone generated teens, ONE blond, ONE romance sim, ZERO pleasure sims.
Does the game ever generate Pleasure Sims? They were only introduced in Nightlife, and I have a feeling that a lot of older code was never updated.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#6017 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 6:58 PM
A bit of a late reply here, but I highly doubt that the game generates Pleasure sims, since there's no exact system for them. Since the base game, aspirations have been assigned based on zodiac sign, so the game generates townies as follows:

- Cancer or Aquarius = Family

- Aries or Leo = Popularity

- Virgo or Sagittarius or Pisces = Knowledge

- Gemini or Scorpio or Capricorn = Fortune

- Taurus or Libra = Romance

So the game may not generate Pleasure sims, due to the code not being updated. However, I realised that every aspiration as two zodiacs associated, except for Fortune and Knowledge, which have three each. If one wanted, they could take a sign each away and assign them to Pleasure in their system, but that would mean having to manually change every townie with these star signs... which may be tedious

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#6019 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
I'm sure someone already said this in this long thread but I hate when sims and pets knock over the trash can, because it creates roaches in which not only does it constantly distracts sims. But it makes them sick and I've had sims die from the flu because of the result of some sim or pet knocking over the trash can when I was not paying attention.

There are ways to prevent that, for instance by putting the trashcan inside a locked fenced area.

Also try this mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wtxw3...ckness.zip/file

No roach sickness--it really changed my game. My neighborhoods would get to the point where nearly everyone had the flu and all I did was make Sims go relax on the bed. Now they only get flu if they bring it home from work, and then they get quarantined in the hospital quickly.
Forum Resident
#6020 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
There are ways to prevent that, for instance by putting the trashcan inside a locked fenced area.

Also try this mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wtxw3...ckness.zip/file

No roach sickness--it really changed my game. My neighborhoods would get to the point where nearly everyone had the flu and all I did was make Sims go relax on the bed. Now they only get flu if they bring it home from work, and then they get quarantined in the hospital quickly.

I've been looking for something like that for so long :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#6022 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:54 AM
Why do Sims always take a stop along the way to a community lot and change places in the car. Drives me nuts xD I'll take a picture of them leaving, and then when they arrive everyone is in a different place. Stop messing with the immersion!

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6023 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 8:59 AM
I solved the whole problem of trash cans: no Kicking Over Trash Can EP4. It completely nukes the problem and the resounding roaches as well.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6024 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 10:42 AM
I have been using a mod by Neder for the trash can from here: https://modthesims.info/d/317468/do...r-or-trash.html
Roaches at times, but definitely less than before.
Mad Poster
#6025 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 12:47 PM
When you make an outfit and forget where you got parts of it from, so you can't upload it.
Page 241 of 274