Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#126 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Time on community lots works fine, yes. The problem is the time when a Sim returns home. E.g., he leaves at 7 PM, has a good time on one or several community lots until 3 AM on the next day but comes back at the time he started out, at 7 PM (plus some minutes, but that's the time he used for exit and reentry) on what is by now the previous day, thus traveling back in time.

No, I meant the mod, 'Community Lot Time'. Given your answer I will take it you are not referring to that mod as your time travel mod. With community lot time your sim spends several hours at a community lot, leaves the community lot at 9pm and arrives home also at 9pm. I love this mod. I just have to remember to feed the poor pet or it ends up eating flower beds and of course a knocked over bin means roaches, and one sim missed his toddlers birthday, his wife was not pleased.

if you tried the mod and it crashed your game it is conflicting with something. Sometimes a conflict can be as easily fixed as adding a few 'zzz' to the front of a mods name so it changes it's load order, other times running the Hack Conflict detector and finding what it's clashing with and removing that needs to be done. Then you have to decide what you want most.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:13 AM
I'd try community lot time if there was the ability to not let them lose their jobs by being away when the carpool comes. Sometimes I just want to spend time at a community lot without worrying about getting back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#128 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:19 AM
of course there is. Just plop down the simlogical sign, the one that stops both the bus and the car pool.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#129 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
of course there is. Just plop down the simlogical sign, the one that stops both the bus and the car pool.

*facepalm* I even have that sign, but didn't even think of it. Where do you get the community time mod from again?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#130 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:58 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 6th Nov 2014 at 2:25 AM.
Here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7462.0

In my main game only take a taxi works, but in my newly made Sims 2 folder it is working with walk to lot (haven't tried other methods) I assume something is affecting it in my main hood.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#131 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 3:05 AM
Now I am rather confused. I took a look at the mod linked above and it seems to be the one I mentioned in the first post. It doesn't work the way I remember but it's quite possible that my memory is playing tricks on me - maybe I mixed it up with my own solution. The only thing I am sure of is that it used to crash my game - I would not have deleted it otherwise - but again, maybe I had an earlier version, and the game changed a lot since 2007 anyway.. And finally, maybe there even were two mods, though I doubt that.

Obviously, the only way to answer at least some of these questions is to download the mod and try it out (again?); I'll report back on this thread as soon as that will be done.
Mad Poster
#132 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 3:44 AM

Wait..are you saying that if I put that sign on my lot, my sim can stay home from work and still keep his job? 0_o

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#133 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 5:02 AM
Sure can. I use it to keep sick sims, including kids at home, or to give them a small holiday. I think there are two signs, so make sure you have the right one.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#134 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 10:35 AM
Sure can. I use it to keep sick sims, including kids at home, or to give them a small holiday. I think there are two signs, so make sure you have the right one.

Oh! Well thank you very muchly! This will be quite useful.
What is that mod called exactly ?

Mad Poster
#135 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Charity : 6th Nov 2014 at 12:54 PM.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...tionGeneral.htm

Here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7462.0

In my main game only take a taxi works, but in my newly made Sims 2 folder it is working with walk to lot (haven't tried other methods) I assume something is affecting it in my main hood.

Thanks!

Does it work in apartments/with AL (the description only says up to Freetime)?

Is it still preliminary code for testing only or is it finished now?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#136 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:47 PM
As far as I know that was how it was left, for testing only. I don't have any apartments in my new game, but taxi worked for anyone, apartment or non apartment. Only don't let pregnant sims go off lot. Sims should have static needs while you wait for them to return, but one time with a pregnant sim her needs went down and she died as soon as she got out of the taxi so I had to reload and max motive her just before she got home. I think they said something about pregnant sims somewhere in all the posts on there.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#137 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 6:36 PM
I sent Goneril Capp on a vacation, and remembered another peeve: Sims will not rolling the want for a car when they buy a vacation home. Sometimes I can fill other wants, but I get tired of the constant buy a car want. I don't buy cars for Sims at their vacation homes because I've had Sims get stuck in the car. The controls gray out, and I get a message about a missing portal, and the Sim never comes back.
Mad Poster
#138 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...tionGeneral.htm

Thanks!

Does it work in apartments/with AL (the description only says up to Freetime)?

Is it still preliminary code for testing only or is it finished now?

It does not say up to FT, but FT and up.
And when you follow the link, the letters are F and A
So my guess is, it works with A.(AL)
So thank you!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#139 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 8:45 PM
I don't remember that, I believe it says Pets through to Free Time, but it works with all EP's. Or are you talking about something other than Community Lot Time? Charity was talking about Community Lot Time, not the Simlogical sign.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#140 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:07 PM
Having to trim shrubs and water flowers (non-gardening plants) annoys me. This is just something Maxis threw in because it was easy to code. It is my understanding they thankfully left this out of TS3.

The most ridiculous thing is having to water the prickly pear cactii. I live in Tucson, Arizona, which is arguably the cactus capital of the world, and the notion of watering prickly pears is laughable. I'm not sure they're harvestable either, as they are in the game, although I could be mistaken. They are considered nuisances more than anything else, since they proliferate faster than mushrooms in a deadhead's bathtub. People use them mostly around fences, to deter trespassers - or simply as fences. They certainly do not need to be watered and rarely die. If they die, it is from a fungus, not because they didn't get enough water.
The Saguaro (the tall catii) fruits, otoh, are definitely harvestable, yet not in the game. Having the Sims ascend a ladder to pick the fruits at the top of the cactus presumably would have involved too much coding.

Speaking of which, isn't there a Mod that precludes having to trim shrubs and/or water flowers?
Mad Poster
#141 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:44 PM
Prickly pear cactii have red fruit that can be harvested and turned into prickly pear candy and other edibles, so harvesting prickly pears isn't ridiculous. I do doubt that they need to be watered as much as other plants though. (another Tucson resident here). I forget where I used to buy prickly pear candy. Don't need to trim any plants in Sims 3, but some plants do need to be weeded.

TwoJeffs perfect plants mod stops the need to trim bushes along with other things: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0
Theorist
#142 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Prickly pear cactii have red fruit that can be harvested and turned into prickly pear candy and other edibles, so harvesting prickly pears isn't ridiculous. I do doubt that they need to be watered as much as other plants though. (another Tucson resident here). I forget where I used to buy prickly pear candy. Don't need to trim any plants in Sims 3, but some plants do need to be weeded.

TwoJeffs perfect plants mod stops the need to trim bushes along with other things: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

Meh, I knew I shouldn't have babbled on about the prickly pear, since I've seen the candy lots of times. One of these days I'll have to taste it.
Thanks for the link. Would you happen to know if the Mod is retroactive, ie, if it works on Lots already made, or will I have to replant all my shrubs on every Lot?
Mad Poster
#143 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 11:01 PM
I honestly don't know. It doesn't seem to say in the read me, and I've had the mod in for a long time.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 12:31 AM
I don't remember that, I believe it says Pets through to Free Time, but it works with all EP's. Or are you talking about something other than Community Lot Time? Charity was talking about Community Lot Time, not the Simlogical sign.

as you can read on Simlogical site :
" NO JOB OR SCHOOL aka INSTITUTION SIGN

This hack is so that you can stop all processing to do with jobs or schools (no bus, no carpool, no warnings, no grade drops) on lots where the object is placed. Freetime version and up has alternative model (shrub), as well as on/off options, so it is also suitable for normal residences where you want your sims to have some time off."

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#145 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:28 AM
As I will say again, we were talking about Community Lot Time not the Simlogical sign. Charity gave the link to the Simlogical sign to someone else, than asked (I thought she was asking me) about Community Lot Time, and that is for Pets-Free Time but still works fine for AL.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#146 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:31 AM
Oh! sorry..this one had a suitable description..so I was sure it was the one.

Theorist
#147 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I honestly don't know. It doesn't seem to say in the read me, and I've had the mod in for a long time.

Thanks, I'll find out sooner or later.
I'm in the finishing stages of a Lot that has a bazillion hedges and I was thinking if there isn't a Mod for neutering them, the gardener would be trimming constantly.

IRL, people trim hedges, what, once a year maybe? It doesn't even figure into the scale of the game. One of the more irritating aspects of TS2.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#148 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 2:07 AM
Threads can get confusing when numerous things are being talked about.

I like plastic hedges-in game, don't think it would look too good in real life. I prefer to use trim and water inaccessible plants as I like to see sims gardening and not gardening at all seems very unrealistic. Also remember depending on your aging system one sim day is going to be 6-12 months. (Unless you use a very long aging mod) So in affect sims are only trimming their hedges about once every two years.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#149 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 2:20 AM
I prefer to use trim and water inaccessible plants as I like to see sims gardening and not gardening at all seems very unrealistic.

The link Orilon gave uptopic gives the option of using a Mod that only neuters flowers and shrubs, without affecting garden plants and fruit trees, or another Mod that neuters them all.
I obviously haven't played with these Mods yet, but I'm thinking I would want the garden plants and fruit trees to still have to be maintained, since the Sims will eventually reap the rewards.
Mad Poster
#150 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 3:06 AM
You know, I posted the simlogical link then came back to ask about the community lot time link that joandsarah posted and I thought, should I make it a separate post, so they aren't thrown together? Then I remembered how much double posting annoys me and edited the post. XD

I never knew that you could harvest sim cactii. I must try that.

Perfect Plants and Perfect Gardens works retroactively. I used to use it for extensively landscaped properties and I would have remembered if I'd had to replant all that stuff. I switched it for the trim inaccessible, because I wanted my sims to do some gardening. I haven't, however, played a really landscaped lot since then, so I may end up with problems when I do.
Page 6 of 274