Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 12:43 AM
Default Aspiration Combinations?
There's a secondary aspiration function in The Sims Free Time, and I was wondering what kind of combinations make.
Like for example:
Popularity plus Fortune = Power.
Let's see what you guys can make.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 12:49 AM
Uhm...

Romance + family = Disaster...?
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 12:58 AM
I've had lots of romance and family sims without disaster.

I like family for secondary because of Grandma's Comfort Soup.

Pleasure + Family = Lifestyle Maven
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 1:08 AM
I often look at the "main" aspects of the aspirations:
FAMILY (Family life, Kids, Pets, Relatives)
FORTUNE (Money, Work, Business)
POPULARITY (Friends/Enemies, Fights, Social Activies, Fame, Parties)
KNOWLEDGE (School, University, Nerds, Supernaturals)
PLEASURE (Dating, Enjoying life, Outings)
ROMANCE (Woohoo, Lovers, Commitment issues)

I use it as the primary aspiration as focal a sim and adding the 2nd aspiration as a flavor - either right away or later
> Family+Romance - A Sim who love kids and family, but having commitment issues. Great combo for storyplots regarding remarriage,
or someone who got sick of the family life and feel something missing in their love life. Soapdrama!
> Romance+Family - A playboy loving kids or pets - I often hear that people give Don Lonaro with family as 2nd aspiration because he seems to be drawn to kids
> Popularity+Fortune - Politics and Goverments. I often use this combo for the leaders.
> Fortune+Popularity - But the reversed combo for the business man who looking for more social connections.
> Pleasure+Family - A sim who prefer dating several sims before settling down for the "right one".
> Romance or Pleasure + Fortune - GOLDDIGGER :D
> Pleasure/Popularity - Err...hollywood? :X
> Romance + Popularity - Rivary between their best friends and their lovers?
> Fortune/Family - Business oriented family (kids following their parents footstep?)

A weird but interesting combo: Knowledge+Popularity or Romance. The school president? A freeloader vampire? Romantic werewolf? (According to Sims.wikia guides, sims with these aspiration dont get along, but what a sim who has clashing aspiration?
or this one: Fortune/Knowledge - rich supernaturals/geeks?
Link Ninja
#5 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 1:13 AM
There was a great thread about this awhile back by BlakeS5678. I'll copy paste it here and here is the link to see the whole thread plus comments

Primary/Secondary Archtype

Knowledge/The Student
Knowledge/Family The Teacher
Knowledge/Romance The Poet
Knowledge/Wealth The Entrepreneur
Knowledge/Pleasure The Smart Single
Knowledge/Popularity The Social Scientist

Family/The Caregiver
Family/Knowledge The Logical Parent
Family/Romance The Hopeless Romantic
Family/Wealth The Breadwinner
Family/Pleasure The Cool Mom/Dad
Family/Popularity The Soccer Mom/Dad

Romance/The Lover
Romance/Knowledge The Experimenter
Romance/Family The Not-So-Faithful Spouse
Romance/Wealth The Sexy Professional
Romance/Pleasure The Fun Machine
Romance/Popularity The Serial-Dater

Wealth/The Money-maker
Wealth/Knowledge The Workaholic
Wealth/Family The Family (Wo)Man
Wealth/Romance The Seducer
Wealth/Pleasure The Spender
Wealth/Popularity The Politician

Pleasure/The Fun One
Pleasure/Knowledge The Adventurer
Pleasure/Family The Family Fun Guy/Gal
Pleasure/Romance The Flirt
Pleasure/Wealth The Traveller
Pleasure/Popularity The Club Goer

Popularity/The Friend Maker
Popularity/Knowledge The Smart Friend
Popularity/Family The Family Friend
Popularity/Romance The Relationship Lover
Popularity/Wealth The Socialite
Popularity/Pleasure The Party Lover

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 1:37 AM
Grilled Cheese/Fortune - the endless eater
#7 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 1:42 AM
Knowledge/Family or Family/Knowledge - The toddler trainer

(Mainly why I often pair Family Sims with Knowledge Sims. They love teaching their kids)
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 1:48 AM
Family and Knowledge is my most common combination, maybe because everyone in my real life family is like that!
Theorist
#9 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snackmister
There's a secondary aspiration function in The Sims Free Time, and I was wondering what kind of combinations make.
Like for example:
Popularity plus Fortune = Power.
Let's see what you guys can make.

I always roll a die to determine the secondary aspiration...and stick with it no matter what. Really spices things up a bit, and will keep you from choosing the same combinations over and over again. We humans are creatures of habit after all.

Family + Romance = Fun
Fortune + Popularity = Overachiever

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Instructor
#10 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 3:51 AM
I saw this the other day and I liked the break-down: http://dinuriel.tumblr.com/tagged/sim-psychology (scroll down a bit to find it!)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 9:20 AM Last edited by simsfreq : 6th Dec 2014 at 9:44 AM.
I had no idea other people had thought about this! I made a list here:

http://simsfreq.tumblr.com/post/993...drives-your-sim

And then I made a list of the lifetime wants that I think fit for each combination:

http://simsfreq.tumblr.com/post/993...e-42-aspiration

(Edit having read the thread!)

Interesting. I see my idea of knowledge varies to the others. I decided to focus more on skills, rather than the supernatural, alien, scientist trope, although that is in there.

I see the primary aspiration as being their main drive, and the secondary being the method of which to get there, or a strong influence on it. So here are my knowledge combinations:

Knowledge - Prefers books to people, has a thirst for knowledge.
Knowledge-Family - Interested in nature, species and “home” skills like cooking and cleaning.
Knowledge-Fortune - Uninterested in human relationships, focused totally on quest for knowledge and how to fund next experiment.
Knowledge-Popularity - Interested in being good at things like sports and music. (Things which gain easy approval by others)
Knowledge-Pleasure - “Curiosity” aspiration. A childish sense of joy in the world.
Knowledge-Romance - Focused on getting the perfect body. (Inspired by "Perfect mind, perfect body" LTW in TS3)
Knowledge-Cheese - “Eccentric” aspiration.
Family-Knowledge - Education is very important to this sim.
Fortune-Knowledge - A sort of “evil genius” aspiration, using knowledge to gain money and power.
Popularity-Knowledge - Animal lover.
Pleasure-Knowledge - The boundary pusher.
Romance-Knowledge - Has a preference for supernatural sims. Will woohoo where no sim has woohooed before!
Cheese-Knowledge - On a quest to find the world’s best grilled cheese.

I have a randomstuff file which weights the aspiration combination choices, and anything involving grilled cheese is weighted way down so they are much rarer. I made that a while ago, though, with different chances for teen aspirations and adult aspirations. (Teens tend to be hungrier, flightier, more concerned about popularity and romance whereas adults mature a little with more knowledge, family chance but of course they can still roll the other combinations too!) I want to re-do the chances, I think.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 4:27 PM
Excluding Grow Up (kids can only have one aspiration) and the removed "Power" and "Craft" aspirations, we have the following aspirations to choose from:

Family
Knowledge
Romance
Fortune
Popularity
Pleasure
Grilled Cheese

Family aspiration - The Caregiver. Always dreams of that huge family that require eight photos to include everyone. Lots of kids, lots of college graduates, lots of grandchildren, and a lot of smelly diapers.
+Knowledge = The Intelligent parent. They know what it's like to take care of a family well before they even say "I do". Smelly diaper? No problem, I know what to do! Squealing baby? I know what to do! Child broke ankle playing basketball? I know exactly what to do! They know virtually every inch of parenting, and not surprisingly, raise very good children.
+Romance = The Irresponsible parent. Really. The one really good advantage is that extending their "list of children" is easier than ever, with so much WooHoo going on! The bad part? Taking care of all of them. Half of you wants to cuddle and cherish them, the other just wants to throw them into the dumpster along with their diapers. Along with the immense crying from the kids as they see their parents break up and look for yet another WooHoo partner.
+Fortune = The wealthy parent. Lots of Simoleons to spend. Lots of kids to spend it on. And lots more Simoleons on the way! All the kids sleep on silk bedsheets. Turkey is served for breakfast every morning. And the residence is simply massive! Lots of room for the kids to play in, and lots of room for the greenhouse of money trees on the roof. Sadly though, the kids are too spoiled to realize that the world will not be this comfortable once the money runs out...
+Popularity = The "I've got LOTS of people to hang out with now!" parent. Parties may appeal to some, but many kids are afraid of them. Parents are constantly on the phone talking to friends that the children have never even heard of before. The one advantage? Every new child is an automatic new friend, of course!
+Pleasure = The "Even More Irresponsible" parent. They might not be as extreme into WooHoo as the Romance Sims, but they do spend an awful lot of time outside of the house, away from the kids. The children are often coldly neglected while the parents go out, flirting with Sims other than their spouse. They do try to make up for this by bringing the kids along... but it never ends well.
+Grilled Cheese = The "I NEED MOAR GRILLED CHEESE" parent. GRILLED CHEESE IS SOOOOOO DELICIOUS! What's a delicious midnight snack? GRILLED CHEESE! What's perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? GRILLED CHEESE! What's good for a nice snack after that marvelous workout? GRILLED CHEESE! There's grilled cheese in the baby's bottle, grilled cheese in the kid's lunch, and when Tara graduated from college, she celebrated with a grilled cheese sandwich! Other than their GRILLED CHEESE obsession, they're not too bad of a parent, although they could feed their kids a more diverse diet than grilled cheese and buttery bread.

Knowledge aspiration - The Brainiac. Every spare moment is spent with a nose deep inside a book. They crave knowledge of all kinds, from the smallest to the biggest, from the most logical to the craziest. They even love it when they get abducted by aliens!
+Family = The "I like my books better" parent. Sure, they provide for their kids and know what to do here and there, but they would much rather study quietly instead of playing with the kids. Or, they force the kids to study in the library with them!
+Romance = The "I like to WooHoo with a book in my hand!" Sim. When not WooHooing, they're studying, as usual. They love Sims that love books as much as they do.
+Fortune = The Wealthy Genius Sim. Knowledge brings you wealth! Don't just climb up the job ladder - fly up it! The dusty old library they once studied in gets a major renovation! Even the books get pages made out of gold! Wealth and knowledge... now isn't that just great?
+Popularity = The "I'm Smart" Outgoer Sim. Being a geek doesn't mean they can't go out and have fun too! The perfect example of a geek that can *sort of* balance their life with books and life with real Sims. But, they do continue to talk about their immense knowledge with other Sims, who might be intrigued by it, or just repelled by it.
+Pleasure = The "Ahh..... Luxury with Knowledge!" Sim. They are known to read while in the hot tub, drink a book down along with their whiskey, and always think more about the amazing things they've learned instead of the Sim they're making out with. Books are great, as they involve little exercise, little muscle movement, and you can sit on the couch while doing it!
+Grilled Cheese = The "I LUV GRILLED CHEESE" geek. They know everything about grilled cheese - the nutritional value, ingredients, etc. in every sandwich. They know exactly how filling each sandwich is, and know exactly how many crumbs are in it. And, not surprisingly, they like to enjoy their sandwich along with a good book.

Romance aspiration - The Promiscuous Sim. WooHoo is the most important aspect of their lives. WooHoo with as many Sims as possible and be the master of scoring!
+Family = The Irresponsible parent. Really. The one really good advantage is that extending their "list of children" is easier than ever, with so much WooHoo going on! The bad part? Taking care of all of them. Half of you wants to cuddle and cherish them, the other just wants to throw them into the dumpster along with their diapers. Along with the immense crying from the kids as they see their parents break up and look for yet another WooHoo partner.
+Knowledge = The "I like to WooHoo with a book in my hand!" Sim. When not WooHooing, they're studying, as usual. They love Sims that love books as much as they do.
+Fortune = The "I'm That Wealthy Date You're Looking For" Sim. Dates are easy, since you've got the cash to spend. A fancy dinner, a seemingly endless bar tab that you have no trouble paying off, and if they ask for something, they get it fast! Money can buy you love, and love can probably buy you money too!
+Popularity = The "Lover Of All, Enemy Of None" Sim. Friend after friend become lovers, as that happy face turns into a heart! With your natural desire to make friends, it's not difficult for you to find potential love interests. Of course... when you get caught cheating, that aspiration bar won't be so nice anymore.
+Pleasure = The "Smoooooooth Date Handler" Sim. You know dates inside out, outside in. You know exactly how to please, how to play, how to score, and how to bring them home. And you can do it 50 times a day. Master of dates, master of WooHoo, and master of that aspiration bar.
+Grilled Cheese = The "I LUV GRILLED CHEESE" Sim. Hmm, I think we made a mistake here. You spend more time flirting with that cardboard box with a grilled cheese face painted on it more than you do actual Sims. You kiss every inch of that grilled cheese sandwich before consumption. You've gone on dates with a grilled cheese sandwich, which always ended quickly because it wound up in your stomach. You've even tried WooHooing with a grilled cheese sandwich, but let's not get into details there...

Fortune aspiration - The "Moneymerichalot" Sim. Lots of cash to spend, from their silver-lined wallets. Their houses have sixty Servos tending to almost every inch of it. Fancy feasts are served every day, and not one inch of your 3 billion Simoleon suit is wrinkled. And if it is, either get one of those Servos to iron it, or buy a new one.
+Family = The wealthy parent. Lots of Simoleons to spend. Lots of kids to spend it on. And lots more Simoleons on the way! All the kids sleep on silk bedsheets. Turkey is served for breakfast every morning. And the residence is simply massive! Lots of room for the kids to play in, and lots of room for the greenhouse of money trees on the roof. Sadly though, the kids are too spoiled to realize that the world will not be this comfortable once the money runs out...
+Knowledge = The Wealthy Genius Sim. Knowledge brings you wealth! Don't just climb up the job ladder - fly up it! The dusty old library they once studied in gets a major renovation! Even the books get pages made out of gold! Wealth and knowledge... now isn't that just great?
+Romance = The "I'm That Wealthy Date You're Looking For" Sim. Dates are easy, since you've got the cash to spend. A fancy dinner, a seemingly endless bar tab that you have no trouble paying off, and if they ask for something, they get it fast! Money can buy you love, and love can probably buy you money too!
+Popularity = The "Hey, Need Some Money, Friend?" Sim. You and your wealthy friends are a close knit. They are about as wealthy as you are, and you constantly play games to see who earns more Simoleons in... erm... dishonest measures. And if one of them needs more money? Be a good friend and spare them some silver coins, will ya?
+Pleasure = The "Wealth and Lavish Comfort" Sim. This is it. This is what money can buy you. Who said money can't buy you happiness? You eat like a king in every restaurant you go to, always have a spot to sit in the hot tub, and you always bring someone home for a steamy night. Money can't buy you happiness? Lies!
+Grilled Cheese = The "GRILLED CHEESE IS THE NEW CURRENCY" Sim. You were given funny looks for trying to buy cheese, butter, and bread with a grilled cheese sandwich. After a fine meal of GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH at a fancy restaurant, you paid the bill and tipped the waiter with grilled cheese. You bought a diamond ring with 6 billion grilled cheese sandwiches. What's the next step? Maybe... start a grilled cheese sandwich business and make MORE grilled cheese for you to spend!... or you can just sell the sandwiches and make real Simoleons. Because as of yet grilled cheese is not a valid currency in SimNation. Drat.

Popularity aspiration - The "I need LOTS of friends" Sim. Yes, my favourite aspiration. Popularity Sims crave lots of friends, befriending as many people in the neighborhood as possible, and maintaining them until the end of their life.
+Family = The "I've got LOTS of people to hang out with now!" parent. Parties may appeal to some, but many kids are afraid of them. Parents are constantly on the phone talking to friends that the children have never even heard of before. The one advantage? Every new child is an automatic new friend, of course!
+Knowledge = The "I'm Smart" Outgoer Sim. Being a geek doesn't mean they can't go out and have fun too! The perfect example of a geek that can *sort of* balance their life with books and life with real Sims. But, they do continue to talk about their immense knowledge with other Sims, who might be intrigued by it, or just repelled by it.
+Romance = The "Lover Of All, Enemy Of None" Sim. Friend after friend become lovers, as that happy face turns into a heart! With your natural desire to make friends, it's not difficult for you to find potential love interests. Of course... when you get caught cheating, that aspiration bar won't be so nice anymore.
+Popularity = The "Hey, Need Some Money, Friend?" Sim. You and your wealthy friends are a close knit. They are about as wealthy as you are, and you constantly play games to see who earns more Simoleons in... erm... dishonest measures. And if one of them needs more money? Be a good friend and spare them some silver coins, will ya?
+Pleasure = The "Ahh... shared luxury" Sim. You always dine with six other Sims, never sit alone in a hot tub, always have someone with you in the photo booth, and always come home with someone. You never leave home alone; always pick up that phone and call up some friends!
+Grilled Cheese = The "I'll Give You Some GRILLED CHEESE" Sim. You always talk about grilled cheese on the phone, and when you go out, you always have some grilled cheese sandwiches tucked underneath your shirt (inside a bag, of course). Friends hungry? Give them some of those delicious grilled cheese sandwiches! Beggar on the streets asking for spare change? Give him a grilled cheese sandwich! Enemy comes walking down the street? Give him a grilled cheese sandwich and sign a truce on the bread!

Pleasure aspiration - The "Life of Luxury" Sim. Work is for those Sims that just don't enjoy life. Don't waste it working. Spend it well and enjoy every moment of it! Relax, sizzle in that hot tub, eat a banquet every evening, and bring those dates home to silky smooth bedsheets that you just want to stay in forever!
+Family = The "Even More Irresponsible" parent. They might not be as extreme into WooHoo as the Romance Sims, but they do spend an awful lot of time outside of the house, away from the kids. The children are often coldly neglected while the parents go out, flirting with Sims other than their spouse. They do try to make up for this by bringing the kids along... but it never ends well.
+Knowledge = The "Ahh..... Luxury with Knowledge!" Sim. They are known to read while in the hot tub, drink a book down along with their whiskey, and always think more about the amazing things they've learned instead of the Sim they're making out with. Books are great, as they involve little exercise, little muscle movement, and you can sit on the couch while doing it!
+Romance = The "Smoooooooth Date Handler" Sim. You know dates inside out, outside in. You know exactly how to please, how to play, how to score, and how to bring them home. And you can do it 50 times a day. Master of dates, master of WooHoo, and master of that aspiration bar.
+Fortune = The "Wealth and Lavish Comfort" Sim. This is it. This is what money can buy you. Who said money can't buy you happiness? You eat like a king in every restaurant you go to, always have a spot to sit in the hot tub, and you always bring someone home for a steamy night. Money can't buy you happiness? Lies!
+Popularity = The "Ahh... shared luxury" Sim. You always dine with six other Sims, never sit alone in a hot tub, always have someone with you in the photo booth, and always come home with someone. You never leave home alone; always pick up that phone and call up some friends!
+Grilled Cheese = The "Schmooze with GRILLED CHEESE" Sim. Love that grilled cheese sandwich like no other Sim. It will be your guest, AND your dinner, at dinner. Let it join you in the hot tub (but keep it away from the water as the bread becomes soggy... erm, nevermind, it's still a grilled cheese sandwich all the same!). And wake up in the morning with one in your arms. It will never leave you. Ever.

Grilled Cheese aspiration - The "GRILLED CHEESE" Sim. GRILLED CHEESE IS SOOOOOO DELICIOUS! GRILLED CHEESE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS! NOTHING BEATS GRILLED CHEESE! EVER!! BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, SNACKS, MIDNIGHT SNACKS, BRUNCHES.... erm, what's the combination of lunch and dinner? Whatever... GRILLED CHEESE! And what do you eat at work, at school, and... on the toilet? Erm, I mean... GRILLED CHEESE!
+Family = The "I NEED MOAR GRILLED CHEESE" parent. GRILLED CHEESE IS SOOOOOO DELICIOUS! What's a delicious midnight snack? GRILLED CHEESE! What's perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? GRILLED CHEESE! What's good for a nice snack after that marvelous workout? GRILLED CHEESE! There's grilled cheese in the baby's bottle, grilled cheese in the kid's lunch, and when Tara graduated from college, she celebrated with a grilled cheese sandwich! Other than their GRILLED CHEESE obsession, they're not too bad of a parent, although they could feed their kids a more diverse diet than grilled cheese and buttery bread.
+Knowledge = The "I LUV GRILLED CHEESE" geek. They know everything about grilled cheese - the nutritional value, ingredients, etc. in every sandwich. They know exactly how filling each sandwich is, and know exactly how many crumbs are in it. And, not surprisingly, they like to enjoy their sandwich along with a good book.
+Romance = The "I LUV GRILLED CHEESE" Sim. Hmm, I think we made a mistake here. You spend more time flirting with that cardboard box with a grilled cheese face painted on it more than you do actual Sims. You kiss every inch of that grilled cheese sandwich before consumption. You've gone on dates with a grilled cheese sandwich, which always ended quickly because it wound up in your stomach. You've even tried WooHooing with a grilled cheese sandwich, but let's not get into details there...
+Fortune = The "GRILLED CHEESE IS THE NEW CURRENCY" Sim. You were given funny looks for trying to buy cheese, butter, and bread with a grilled cheese sandwich. After a fine meal of GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH at a fancy restaurant, you paid the bill and tipped the waiter with grilled cheese. You bought a diamond ring with 6 billion grilled cheese sandwiches. What's the next step? Maybe... start a grilled cheese sandwich business and make MORE grilled cheese for you to spend!... or you can just sell the sandwiches and make real Simoleons. Because as of yet grilled cheese is not a valid currency in SimNation. Drat.
+Popularity = The "I'll Give You Some GRILLED CHEESE" Sim. You always talk about grilled cheese on the phone, and when you go out, you always have some grilled cheese sandwiches tucked underneath your shirt (inside a bag, of course). Friends hungry? Give them some of those delicious grilled cheese sandwiches! Beggar on the streets asking for spare change? Give him a grilled cheese sandwich! Enemy comes walking down the street? Give him a grilled cheese sandwich and sign a truce on the bread!
+Pleasure = The "Schmooze with GRILLED CHEESE" Sim. Love that grilled cheese sandwich like no other Sim. It will be your guest, AND your dinner, at dinner. Let it join you in the hot tub (but keep it away from the water as the bread becomes soggy... erm, nevermind, it's still a grilled cheese sandwich all the same!). And wake up in the morning with one in your arms. It will never leave you. Ever.

....GRILLED CHEESE!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thax
Uhm...

Romance + family = Disaster...?

That might be possible, but not necessarily always.

Like for instance, Family sims who are extremely romantic (thanks to a secondary Romance) can be a result of such a combination. They just like to have a lot of fun, except with one partner, who they are committed to.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 6:09 PM
It was only meant as a joke, I didn't expect it to be analyzed so deeply, lol.

I'm only saying that Romance aspiration wants/fears + Family aspiration wants/fears tends to clash, that's all. My Romance sims have always rolled wants and fears, signalling that commitment is their biggest fear and I always go by my sims wants and fears. So my experience is simply that those two create more drama than any other aspiration combinations.

Now, if drama is what one aims for and therefore doesn't consider that to be a bad thing, that's a completely different subject!

I'm sure there are lots of interesting ways to play family+romance sims, as several in this thread has described, I just didn't take this subject excessively serious. <--- I really like that sheep, for some reason. That will be my signature.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 7:02 PM
There's a lot of nuance in this, since different combinations function differently with different characters. For instance:

I like to give the Ottomas parents complementary secondaries, so that Peter has a Family secondary and Samantha has a Romance secondary. This works very well to keep their aspirations high and both of them from looking elsewhere - they're already committed, they've never flirted with anyone else, and dating each other keeps them going in the midst of family chaos. But -

Over in Drama Acres, I gave Sparrow Hawkins a Family aspiration when she grew up. She turned out to be the stone cold goddess at whose altar every boy in and around her age cohort worshiped - they clustered around her farting hearts and showing off, and she would look them over with a lofty eye and find them all wanting. Until Gerry Mander autonomously went so far as to grab her butt at the skating rink. It was one measly bolt, and he was younger, but she allowed it and granted him dating privileges. I didn't really think one bolt was good enough for the mighty Sparrow, though, so when she went to college a full four rotations ahead of Gerry, I scoured SimPE for a potential triple-bolter and found him in Alon Livingstone, a paper boy. So Alon got sent to college, too, and he dated Sparrow, and - he bored me, and never quite did it for her. And people were still worshiping at her altar and generally reacting to her as if she were a Romance sim. Which led to Drama and Sparrow proving herself a serious badass and now Sparrow is married to Gerry, with a kid, and her glory days would be over - except that I gave her that Romance secondary because people were treating her that way anyhow. So now she's wearing Gerry out in bed and filling her days as full as they'll go to fend off that temptation to call Alon up, to flirt with that guy over there, to bring the entire heterosexual male population of Drama Acres to its knees just because she knows she could. And Gerry is having a real problem keeping up with her...

So in the case of the Ottomai, the Family/Romance combination is the high road to peace and harmony; but in the case of Sparrow Hawkins Mander, Femme Fatale, it is the wellspring of conflict and drama potential.

And these are both good things.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 9:25 AM
I like Knowledge + anything and Anything else + Knowledge since I prefer Knowledge Sims anyway
Instructor
#17 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
That might be possible, but not necessarily always.

Like for instance, Family sims who are extremely romantic (thanks to a secondary Romance) can be a result of such a combination. They just like to have a lot of fun, except with one partner, who they are committed to.

I will have to try that, I don't believe I have any of those in my game...
the other day I've tried a Romance/Family Sim
So this Sim is in love/has experience with multiple partners but there is still one they hold way above the others and even roll wants to get married to them. Also want's babies out of this!
The first thing I thought of is the saying "You can't turn a H*# into a housewife!" But of course in the Sims you can! :lovestruc

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..