2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#27301 Old 30th May 2021 at 11:08 PM
I use Lion's mod all the time, and you do get the tearful parent hugging their new YA offspring goodbye cutscene. If it doesn't show for me, it's because I forgot to turn Enable Camera Events back on after moving or having a birth. Squinge's pack, no idea about the Uni cutscene.

Quote: Originally posted by quweenie
I'd also go with grass downtown, having concrete over the the entire map just looks so odd to me.

Speaking of downtown. I've decided I want to try the uni in main hood mods instead of making an actual universty subhood, but I have questions.

For those of you who have experience with uni in main hood:

I assume the mods work across the main hood and the attached subhoods, correct?
So if I build my university area in my downtown hood, I can just move sims from my main hood into a downtown "dormitory" for example and have them go to university then?

Also, what about cut scenes, like the parent waving goodbye to the kid going off to university? I would still like to have these, but I read you only get them with one of the mods (the Lion's gold record one I think?) and I don't know how this plays into it.

Basically, can I send my sims from my main hood to college in downtown and also still get a cut scene somehow?
Advertisement
Theorist
#27302 Old 31st May 2021 at 8:10 AM Last edited by topp : 31st May 2021 at 8:55 AM.
I recently reinstalled Sims 2 UC (mainly because I have finals coming up), and I keep getting the following critical error message:
"You are running low on disk space and may encounter problems with your game under these conditions. Are you sure you want to launch the game?" y/n

I'm running on Windows 10, and have UC installed on an SSD. I've got 175 out of 235 GB available, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Completely vanilla game, no CC, not even CEP. I get the message before launching the game (before the EA sul-sul logo). I got it both before the files got copied over to Documents and after.

Could OneDrive have an effect on this? I have my docs and desktop set to sync to OneDrive. I'm not sure if I can selectively drop certain folders from syncing though.

Edit: uh-oh, it seems that there's even more to it, as I can't use CC at all because the settings won't stick. I opened a help thread, as I suspect this question will generate more than one reply.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#27303 Old 31st May 2021 at 2:29 PM
I had an idea as to why the mission chairs were causing routing issues, but I cannot duplicate it in game to even test. Can anyone show me a setup that doesn't work? I tried the Tinker household with no issues. I'm sure it's in the CRES, so it shouldn't be a mesh replacement I am using that removes the routing issue.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#27304 Old 31st May 2021 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I had an idea as to why the mission chairs were causing routing issues, but I cannot duplicate it in game to even test. Can anyone show me a setup that doesn't work? I tried the Tinker household with no issues. I'm sure it's in the CRES, so it shouldn't be a mesh replacement I am using that removes the routing issue.

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but the first time I played the Ramirez family, the Mission dining set created problems to the point that I got rid of it. It's been years, so I can't tell you exactly what the issues were, but I wondered then whether it was just my game, or the furniture itself.
Mad Poster
#27305 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 9:50 PM
Andrew posted a screenshot the other day of it not working, maybe it was fixed in a later EP?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#27306 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 2:58 AM
Is anything going on with TSR today? Went on there to find something and got a security warning (the kind that doesn't want to send you to the site if there's something potentially weird going on - I think I had the same warning on Allthehairs a while back), which I don't think has happened before for TSR (using Firefox, btw).
Alchemist
#27307 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 4:01 AM
Idk, TSR is working for me, with and without my adblocker.

(And I'd had enough of TSR this week, too, mind you! I've been playing TS3 while cleaning out my folder. Researching some things made me find some old posts of mine, and I've been talking about cleaning my Downloads folder for like, 3 years! So 2021 will be the year I finish, I swear! Anyway, downloading for TS3 is awful. I feel all out of my element, I can't find anything, then Google shows me TS2 & TS4 results. Never mind all those TS3 results it shows me when I search for TS2 things. Starting to think Google is mean on purpose. And clothes on TSR all seem to be sims3packs! So downloading from TSR takes forever, then it takes forever to install, and then I still have to do preview pictures and file things away for my backup folder--ugh! It's enough to drive anyone crazy and make me wonder why I ever started playing this game. *Runs back to the TS2 forums where its safe*)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#27308 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Idk, TSR is working for me, with and without my adblocker.

Anyway, downloading for TS3 is awful. I feel all out of my element, I can't find anything, then Google shows me TS2 & TS4 results. Never mind all those TS3 results it shows me when I search for TS2 things. Starting to think Google is mean on purpose.

Weird... I'll try again later. Maybe it's just something strange going on today. It worked fine a couple days ago. I just wanted a picture for something I'd already downloaded (sorting old stuff), but happened to find it in my old downloads, so whatever might be an issue can get a few days to pass before I try again.

Google doesn't understand the difference between TS2/3/4, or it's just being a pain in the behind. Search for any of them and you get results for the two others. You have to be very sneaky with what you search for.
Alchemist
#27309 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 5:45 AM
I am convinced that Google knows exactly what I'm searching for. It's too smart not to. It's just being a butt.

And as bad as things are now, I shudder to think about if TS5 ever comes along. Probably won't find TS2 things ever. It's especially hard for me with TS3 because, like I said, I'm out of my element. With TS2, I know a couple of sites to search (though that number is always dwindling) and can think of alternative text strings that bring up the results I want. With TS3, I think a lot of downloads were on tumblrs and such and I'm unsure of the hubs and places where simmers were talking (other than big sites like MTS that carried over into TS3), so it's hard for me to find mods or research issues. Sometimes I'm not even sure if a problem exists, or if it's just me wishing/looking for a TS2 feature modded for TS3. But I suppose I could always ask in the TS3 WCIF if I get stuck.

Anyway, I feel you on finding preview pictures for the stuff you downloaded--did that a few years ago and it's not fun. I guess on the bright side, it did make me a little better at searching for TS2 things and finding TS2 cc. Nowadays I'm in a boat that looks eerily the same, as I am editing my Downloads now--re-categorizing, editing prices, descriptions, and placability, etc. Not to mention deleting extra items in a set that I don't really want or need. So as I go through my items, I try to make sure I have the original download backed up somewhere, and I find myself tracking down my old downloads again to get those original rars and zips. So yeah, tracking down old downloads can be a big process and a huge a pain in the butt.

And then I still search for new things and themes for when I'm building--so my hatred of TSR lives on for new reasons--never any previews in the downloads, often no creator names on the files (and no site name, either) and just terrible name practices in general, long download times, duplicate download pages (sets can be uploaded together or separately for some reason), not being able to filter or search properly unless you're logged in, and, of course, so. many. ads. I can't even put on my vpn, because TSR sees it as an adblocker. Sigh. I guess it's kind of funny that hatred of TSR is eternal... But it definitely makes you appreciate the upload system at MTS, even with its faults.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#27310 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 10:15 AM
HugeLunatic, that's a very nice mesh default! I almost never use this set because it's so bulky, not a fan of the look. Hence why I never knew about these routing issues...

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Google doesn't understand the difference between TS2/3/4, or it's just being a pain in the behind. Search for any of them and you get results for the two others. You have to be very sneaky with what you search for.

I guess numbers don't make good "keywords" for search engines, but at that point you would expect that they'd find a way to take them into account when they are associated with words?

I have random question too, something I've wondered for a while since I've been default-replacing hair in my game: why are there so few "modern" recolors of Maxis hair meshes in those new popular hair systems? Some of the styles are actually quite cute and they could use a good retexture with smoother and more detailed hair. Is it about the way they are mapped that prevents it from looking as good as CC hair? I've never recolored hair before but I guess there is probably a technical reason
Forum Resident
#27311 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 3:09 PM
If I take photos with the camera or paint portraits of some sims in a custom neighborhood, will people have them when they download?
Forum Resident
#27312 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 4:51 PM
Default Which one
Trying to go for a late 70s/early 80s fall Indian/indie(spelling?) look. to be included in an upload if you could pick one please
(I am aware of the Chinese? trim on the first two I will fix it depending what gets chosen)
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#27313 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
And then I still search for new things and themes for when I'm building--so my hatred of TSR lives on for new reasons--never any previews in the downloads, often no creator names on the files (and no site name, either) and just terrible name practices in general, long download times, duplicate download pages (sets can be uploaded together or separately for some reason), not being able to filter or search properly unless you're logged in, and, of course, so. many. ads. I can't even put on my vpn, because TSR sees it as an adblocker. Sigh. I guess it's kind of funny that hatred of TSR is eternal... But it definitely makes you appreciate the upload system at MTS, even with its faults.

I don't use TSR a lot, but there are a few creators (mostly TS3/4 and older TS2 ones) I still bother using it for. Downloading there is a pain though. I have a way around the adblock-blocker (the 3-minute one), but the 15 second one is still a pain.

Most of the newer sets are often both separate and in full sets, but if you click on a piece you have to click the "see full set". It's a weird system, and it would be a lot more useful if you could see all the single items as enlarged thumbnails instead of having to click each one (TSR is SLOW!!! ) Probably all the VIP gunk...
Forum Resident
#27314 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
Trying to go for a late 70s/early 80s fall Indian/indie(spelling?) look. to be included in an upload if you could pick one please
(I am aware of the Chinese? trim on the first two I will fix it depending what gets chosen)

Are you going for Indian, as in person from India, or indie, as in independent? Those two are (as far as I know) very different things, even when it just comes to clothing.

(But personally I'd go with number three)
Forum Resident
#27315 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Are you going for Indian, as in person from India, or indie, as in independent? Those two are (as far as I know) very different things, even when it just comes to clothing.

(But personally I'd go with number three)

@sugoisama ah thank you, I meant person from India...I always wondered the difference (I am not good with most terms)

thank you
Forum Resident
#27316 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 10:56 PM
@sugoisama ah thank you, I meant person from India...I always wondered the difference (I am not good with most terms)

thank you

Ah if it's person from India then I'd definitely go with number three, I googled "Indian shirt" and that was the kind it showed me
Theorist
#27317 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 9:44 AM
indie, as in independent
Wow, today I learned...
Forum Resident
#27318 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 3:17 PM
Ah if it's person from India then I'd definitely go with number three, I googled "Indian shirt" and that was the kind it showed me

@sugoisama not to bug but I do have another shirt I saw used once I don't know which is better
Screenshots
Scholar
#27319 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 3:38 PM
With ACR, aren't you supposed to get a popup when someone gets pregnant via risky woohoo? One of my Sims got pregnant through casual woohoo, and I believe I have autonomous try for baby set to not allowed, but there was no popup about risky woohoo. This was an unmarried romance Sim who already has one oopsie child so I don't think she'd autonomously try for baby anyway, but I do want to be sure my settings are working properly.
Mad Poster
#27320 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 4:39 PM
Only if you have dialogs turned on. I don't think it's enabled by default because I've put ACR into several new hoods recently and I don't have them. I don't use/want them so that's perfect for me - I'd check in "Hood settings" on the adjuster. Remember that what it says (in ACR2) is the setting that is enabled. So you are looking for it to say "Risky dialogs are enabled" or something like that.

Re: google searches, I have taken to adding "sims 2" in quotes and then whatever my search term is. It doesn't always work, it almost never works for looking for new downloads (I use WCIF for that) but it cuts down on a lot of the random crap from other games.

So for example if I want to know about ACR settings, I would search this: "sims 2" ACR settings

But I find "sims 2" goth dresses - would not return results with goth dresses to download. "sims 2" broken kitchen - this might, since it's the specific name of a set that I remember I used to have. "sims 2" guatla broken kitchen - this would probably be even better.

The quotes makes it bundle 2 together with sims and also ensures that term will be on the page somewhere with your results. Since TS2 things tend to be discussed on TS2-themed sites, it's likely the words "sims 2" will be on the page somewhere.

Forum Resident
#27321 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 4:42 PM
@sugoisama not to bug but I do have another shirt I saw used once I don't know which is better

Out of these two I think I'd still go with the left one, because the type of clothing I could find that was more similar to the right one is apparently something they use as pajamas, so the left one would probably be better for an everyday outfit. Although I'm not Indian nor do I know a lot about it, so maybe the kurta pyjama is just named that and not actually used as sleepwear.
Theorist
#27322 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 5:11 PM
I haven't seen anyone make a Pets or Exotic Destinations stealth hoods that contain only the strays and only the tourists and locals - without the playable families.

My question is - if I don't add said stealth hoods to my neighborhoods, should I expect any less of said NPCs on lots, or should the game fill up the blanks and spawn NPCs as needed? I don't have anti-redundancy mods, as I want all my small hoods to be as alive as possible.
Mad Poster
#27323 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 5:13 PM
I think it should do, yes. Strays definitely respawn because you need NoStrayRespawn to stop them. I don't know about vacation location sims as I have not really ever played vacation hoods.

Theorist
#27324 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 6:12 PM
Thanks. Now I have another question.

My Sim received a call from another Sim that heard that he's great company (in other words, my Sim now has a contact).

I had my Sim go downtown and now they're in an outing group with 6 other Sims. Is this normal? All I wanted for my Sim is to get some coffee!
Forum Resident
#27325 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
I haven't seen anyone make a Pets or Exotic Destinations stealth hoods that contain only the strays and only the tourists and locals - without the playable families.

Actually, meetmetotheriver made a semi-stealth hood which adds the strays and adoptables from the pets stealth hood, that you can add and delete immediately, so if you want the strays and adoptables but not the families, you can check that out, it's on their tumblr.
Page 1093 of 1347