Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#27326 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 10:20 PM
Can a Young Adult Plantsim spawn a Plantbaby or not in University?

Prince Avalanche
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27327 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 10:44 PM
It'll depend on two things. You can only have a young adult plantsim at all with mods, so the way that mod is coded will be one factor. Even if it's coded to allow it, it might not be possible without a mod enabling pregnancy and birth in University. So my advice is to back up your game, read the documentation on your mods, and experiment to find out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#27328 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 10:46 PM
Yes, but you can't have YA plantsims without hacks, because you can't have teen plantsims without hacks.

Edit: The hack that allows plantsim teens doesn't have to be coded in a particular way to allow it, and you don't have to have any kind of YA pregnancy hack either. The plantbaby won't age at university without hacks, though, and you probably also won't be able to take it home with you without hacks.
Field Researcher
#27329 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 10:55 PM
Thanks and I do have mods that will allow Teen Plantsims.

Prince Avalanche
Alchemist
#27330 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Thanks. Now I have another question.
My Sim received a call from another Sim that heard that he's great company (in other words, my Sim now has a contact).
I had my Sim go downtown and now they're in an outing group with 6 other Sims. Is this normal? All I wanted for my Sim is to get some coffee!

Yeah, that's normal. I think all the outings sims get invited on have other people. The game generally invites people who are friends with the person inviting your sim out, but it's not a requirement. So when your sims get invited out, if it's not specifically a date, expect other people to tag along. Think of it as them inviting your sim to hang out with their friend group.

And @simsfreq, you're luckily that the quotes still work reasonably well for you--when I do that, I get worse results. Typically real world stuff shows up; real wedding stuff or clothes to buy, random new articles and websites, etc. Depends on what I'm searching for. Sometimes -4 works, sometimes not.

I've noticed that, well, first, Google mobile search is a different animal. My search history and preferences don't carry over (it should; I don't have anything set to prevent that) and searches are generally dumber, shorter, and more likely to direct you to sites where you can buy stuff. So for extensive searches I have to go to my desktop. Then, for whatever reason, when Google processes my search, keeping terms open leads to more relevant results. Idk if this is something that has come about from my user history and the way I've been searching, but it's what works for me.

Oh, you know what? It might be because I search a lot more by image now. Searching web text has gotten harder over the years when it comes to tracking specific things. Used to be I could search and pull up relevant things but now I'd have to go pages deep in Google's results to get want I'm looking for. So I search by image and, yeah, I have to wade through TS4 and TS3 results, but I'm much more likely to spot what I'm looking for and more relevant things come up that way. It's also why I sort of give Pinterest a pass--for all its faults and annoyances (especially if you're searching for stuff and you don't have an account) it has preserved a lot of preview pictures and even download posts from otherwise dead/deleted blogs and tumblrs. And every now and then you get linked to another simmer's Pinterest board where they've oh so helpfully pinned and categorized related downloads together. Thanks to anyone who does that, by the way--it's super helpful when looking for cc in a specific category!

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27331 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 3:42 AM
Thanks. Now I have another question.

My Sim received a call from another Sim that heard that he's great company (in other words, my Sim now has a contact).

I had my Sim go downtown and now they're in an outing group with 6 other Sims. Is this normal? All I wanted for my Sim is to get some coffee!

If you accept the invite you will find your sim is either on a group outing or a date.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#27332 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 5:25 AM
Question is it ok to include this Adult Male "Zombie hair in an upload it was originally store content but was reuploaded with everything else to Gardenofshadows after the store was closed down...I'm just not sure as it was store content...but now isn't?

Second part this sim (James Potter and Lily Potter grouped in one post) may end up being my second to last Harry Potter sim the last being Hermione Granger. I do have Harry Potter himself (see second picture) but have yet to find a suitable scar and as that is such an iconic part of his appearance I worry it wouldn't pass moderation
Screenshots
Alchemist
#27333 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 6:46 AM
@Mischief Managed

My question: So you know how you can raise curtains up and down via AL shiftability? Well, I have some that don't go as high as others. I downloaded Amovitam's 3t2 Bungalow Windows Wrath Curtains and the 2 tile curtain only goes up like one click but the 3 tile curtain goes up like 4 or 5--almost all the way to the ceiling. Does anyone know why the 2 tile might not be able to go any higher and if I can fix it?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#27334 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 3:22 PM
I don't know the technicalities - but I do know it has something to do with the mesh. Like, whoever made it didn't erase the top part, and just left it blank - so the game thinks the mesh is bigger than it really is. Does that make any sense? LOL?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#27335 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 3:50 PM
AL-shift takes into account the full dimensions of the mesh and usually the shadow meshes, sometimes also the dimensions of the old mesh if those haven't been properly removed or if the cloned item was very large (might be a limit still in there somewhere) - so make sure that's been fixed.

If the mesh is too high up, the shift won't work and will instead shift the object down when you try to shift it up. Had that issue with an item a while back (the top of the item was too close to the ceiling limit, even though the item was outside). Not sure if anything can be done with that other than moving the mesh down a bit and then shifting it up ingame. Not sure if you can use shift on very tall items (I tried on some deco trees - wanted to make a forest with trees in different heights without having to use a ton of OMSPs, but it only worked on the smallest trees )
Forum Resident
#27336 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 4:07 PM
What are some reasons bodyshop will crash? It worked last night but not this morning, yes I tried removing caches the game itself works but not bodyshop
Field Researcher
#27337 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 4:15 PM
Question, if I wanted to replace my default skins with a new set that have those 0.5 geneticized (or whatever they're called) mixed in, would that take effect immediately (something like this?) ? Like say for example if I have two sims having a child that are s1 and s3, would the child get the custom 2.5 or 1.5 perchance?

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#27338 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 4:28 PM
Yes. The genetic code selects from anything available in the range between two geneticized skins, and once you've put it in, it's available.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#27339 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 6:10 PM
Ok so it appears the issues I deleted CC in game instead of the usual way except I have over 14, 938 pieces of CC that's not very organized is there a way to find the problem piece without deleting one thing at a time because some of the CC is now either currently unavailable or I don't remember where from?
Mad Poster
#27340 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 6:19 PM
First of all, don't worry about replacing it, because you don't have to delete it, just remove it from the game temporarily. Make a folder outside of your The Sims 2 folder to move things to. And don't forget to back up your game before you start the process!

Second, if you go to the Help section you'll find the 50/50 method described. What this amounts to is - take out half your custom content. Test. If the problem occurs - congratulations, the problem is in the half that remains and you don't have to test with the half you removed. If the problem does not occur - congratulations, the problem is in the half you took out. You can now remove the half that remains and not look at it again until you put it back. Now, take out half of the half that you just proved had the problem, test, etc. This takes less time than you think it will, because of the lower loading times with less CC. This is almost always the fastest, least frustrating way to track down a problem. (Low gate to get over, I know.)

This is also a reasonable opportunity to start organizing your custom content, if your frustration levels allow it. But that's a secondary consideration.

Theorist
#27341 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 8:27 PM
I think something's not right with my University... I had a Sim not gain any skill points required, yet have their available meter maxed out as much as they could - it was still below the passing grade line. Somehow, though, they managed to finish the semester with a B. I've also noticed that in order to get a C, I need to keep my Sims a little bit below the line, too, with the meter still being red (typically implying an F).

Does anyone know if there are ways to mend this? I don't think it's possible for my SIms to "accidentally" wind up on academic probation this way, unless I purposefully keep them away from doing any academic activity at all (empty meter), which is pretty unrealistic, too.
Mad Poster
#27342 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 10:13 PM
They gain grade points by going to the final. Probably if they skip the final their grade will match what is displayed in the UI. Not sure if final exam points can exceed the limits of the meter if they don't have the right skills.
Mad Poster
#27343 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 5th Jun 2021 at 5:46 PM.
I'm having trouble parsing what's going on at your university. (Possibly I'm being stupid - gravity's not working and it's harder to comprehend the world when that's going on.)

What ought to happen with grades is, the meter opens up a bit at a time as the required skills are earned, and is filled by class activity - studying, assignments, term papers, talking about majors, and class time, including the final exam. If the bar is not opened past the fail line, it is impossible to pass. If the bar is entirely open, but the student has done little or no class activity, it is still possible to fail - but it is actually harder to fail with a fully open grade bar than it is to make dean's list, because uncontrolled students tend to default to class activities, and class activities done in the backgrounds of other households count toward the total. Skipping the final, however, can be grounds for academic probation in even in a sim who otherwise would have made dean's list. It can be very difficult to predict the grade for a semester, both because of the uncontrolled activities and because the grade bar's gradations aren't marked. I've never had anyone fail with the bar open, except in the case of skipping the final.

However, if you don't have the required skill points to open the bar past the fail line, passing should be impossible, so if that's what's happening, you've got yourself a glitch and it's going to be a bear to troubleshoot.

One thing to look into first, though, is the possibility that you've been confused by the grade bar glitch, which shows closed and red despite having sufficient skills to open the bar and sufficient activity to pass. This is a purely cosmetic glitch, with no effect on actual grades. It seems to be attached to lots rather than to specific sims, though it may only manifest in one sim on the lot. Checking the grade bar while on a community lot is a good way to check that a sim has it and not something rarer and nastier that needs actual troubleshooting; most sims affected by it have normal grade bars away from their home lot. it might be possible, with this glitch, to think you don't have all the required skills, when you actually do, though the skills themselves display correctly - it's always possible to read a display wrong. Give it a chance to simple.

Theorist
#27344 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 3:29 PM
I didn't know they gain grade points by going to the final, thanks. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes though - on the one hand, the meter acts like a "this is how much I know of stuff that will appear on the test" meter - increased by taking classes, doing research, socializing with the professors. Obviously, they can't possibly know everything that will appear on the test if they haven't got the appropriate skills in that area of expertise.

On the other hand, it acts like a "this is how much points I have acquired in this class" meter - increased by doing assignments, writing term papers and taking their finals - so to pass a class, they have to acquire roughly 30 %.

(Trying my best to resist the urge to ping simler90 to fix this logic.) :lovestruc

Quote:
If the bar is not opened past the fail line, it is impossible to pass.
Thanks Peni, this is what I was looking for. This is exactly what happened in my game, so it ought to be a mod. (I'm aware of the graphical glitch with the meter, so I made sure that the sim in question actually had no skills, instead of having skills with the meter being visually stuck in red.)
I'll take on that depressing activity of sorting out mod conflicts later - I think I'm actually more into studying for my RL uni rather than doing that. (Also, interesting outcome indeed, because I have no mods modifying sims uni behavior.)

Quote:
Skipping the final, however, can be grounds for academic probation in even in a sim who otherwise would have made dean's list.
On my previous computer, I had a student with all the skills required and a full grade meter skip their final. Their final grade was C (which otherwise would have been A+). Therefore, missing a final exam does hurt their grade, but it doesn't fail students who otherwise excelled in that class.

I'd like to point out one more thing though. There are different types of "uncontrollable" students. I agree with what you said about sims building academic performance meter in the background. However:
- dormies/cheerleaders/mascots never take exams unless they move in with a playable. Therefore, it's unnecessary to talk about them, because they're stuck on freshman year forever (and with a meter potentially maxed out in the first few hours of playing the game),
- playable students take exams if they're part of the currently-played household. They also do academic activities in the background with free will on, but I can see their meter properly; it should be to no surprise what grade to expect (with a reasonable margin of error).
Mad Poster
#27345 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 3:56 PM
I have sims get on academic probation all the time because they don't have the required skills to open the grade bar high enough.

Also, if they did not have it open until the last minute and then they do not have enough time to push the total past there. I get this the most often with sims that have been created as YA or late in the Teen stage and didn't have many skills on starting uni.

Going to the final exam in a good mood gets them the most points, but it's not enough to fill a quarter of the bar. Going to the exam in a poor mode causes them to gain a few points. Skipping the exam will cause them to lose points - it's possible to pass the year without going to the final, but they'll need good grades to start with.

I make uni quite tough for my sims though. If they get on academic probation, I skip them to the next semester anyway, meaning that they lose the chance for the bonus for that semester, AND they're potentially even further behind and have more skills to catch up on if they want to pass. This keeps them in sync age wise. I re-set academic probation to on, so that if they do fail again they automatically get booted out. If they fail the final semester they can't graduate on probation, but I cheat it so that they only have 6 hours to catch up. Sometimes that's just enough for them to scrape a pass.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#27346 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 4:14 PM
IS there a way to change the cover/preview image on a upload? The one I selected is not the one it is
Top Secret Researcher
#27347 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 5:30 PM
Why does it lag almost every time a sim gets a new friend? Super annoying. Never thought getting new friends could be a bad thing.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Theorist
#27348 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
IS there a way to change the cover/preview image on a upload? The one I selected is not the one it is

If your download has already been published, click edit and then under "Download summary and options", choose the thumbnail that should be the cover image.
Forum Resident
#27349 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
One thing to look into first, though, is the possibility that you've been confused by the grade bar glitch, which shows closed and red despite having sufficient skills to open the bar and sufficient activity to pass. This is a purely cosmetic glitch, with no effect on actual grades. It seems to be attached to lots rather than to specific sims, though it may only manifest in one sim on the lot. Checking the grade bar while on a community lot is a good way to check that a sim has it and not something rarer and nastier that needs actual troubleshooting; most sims affected by it have normal grade bars away from their home lot.

There seems to be something else at work, sometimes. If you raise the scores on Cooking, Mechanical, and/or Cleaning - even when they are not "required" - that tends to get rid of the glitch. (I wouldn't let a sim graduate with Cooking less than 3, anyway - too much chance they'll burn down the house and/or themselves.)
Forum Resident
#27350 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 8:02 PM
If your download has already been published, click edit and then under "Download summary and options", choose the thumbnail that should be the cover image.

where exactly is that if you don't mind ? I've looked three times this new uploader is mind boggling frustrating

Never mind I got it appears with new set up have to go to screenshot and reorder them by click drag posting screenshot in case anybody else needs
Screenshots
Page 1094 of 1346