Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6626 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:27 AM
As a result of my pulling a mod out that allows the visitors to a household to use the showers, there is less crowding for the bathroom..but the visitors stink pretty bad after a few hours...too bad! If they need a bath they can go home and take it!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6627 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 11:37 AM
I went into Durango and did some editing on the community service center and the homestead there.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6628 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:04 PM
I am pretty much through my first generation of Pleasantview. Daniel Pleasant was my first playable to die of old age. He was living with his girlfriend Brandi Le Tourneau and his son Oscar at the time. Daniel was pretty happy, enjoying an affair with Nina, at the top of his career, good friends with his sons, and made up with his ex-wife, but due to a work scandal, he lost a lot of money and left Brandi in a lot of debt. Mary-Sue has sold her home and moved into the retirement community along with the Burbs, but she is still occasionally having an inappropriate affair with Beau Broke.

Beau is single and living in the boarding house. He was dating Jane Stacks, who was also living there, but then she and two other boarding house residents died of a cold that was being passed around, which conveniently freed up some rooms for my graduates. Kaylynn also lives there since she quit being a maid and entered the culinary career, and Chase Pleasant and Gerry Caliente will live there as long as they are single. If Chase and Gerry save up enough, they may get a condo together as they are best friends. Of my other graduates, Emmaline Goth will surely have enough money to buy a condo, and Donald Burb and Fiona Lothario will likely get married and buy a house.

Of my other families, Dustin and Angela tried to have a second child for a long time but weren't successful. As soon as they gave up, risky woohoo kicked in, and now they have a new baby named Wanda, along with their teen son, Nathan. They bought a bigger house.

Dirk and Lilith seem quite content to continue living in the trailer park and not have any more children. Their son Michael is also a teen and is dating Lacey Lothario.

Nina had to get a job because Don is no longer financially supporting her, and she'll probably have to keep working well into her elder years. She misses Daniel. Her younger son Leon is a teen and is dating Meadow Thayer.

Darren is planning to throw a golden anniversary party for Brandi and is working on painting a masterpiece. Their daughter Olivia only just became a teen, and they have a younger child, Roddy. Hopefully, Brandi will live long enough to see them both through college.

Alexander and Lucy have two young children, Rhiannon and Ulysses, and are planning to have a third when they can find the time. Dina is still living with them. She got depressed because Don was no longer taking her phone calls and she was approaching elderhood, so she seduced Alexander one afternoon while Lucy was at work. Hopefully, it was a one-time thing.

As an elder, Don seems pretty content. His dotes on his daughters and is very proud of his young son, Sterling. He's taken up playing the piano and has given up all of his affairs. Cassandra never found out about his cheating.
Mad Poster
#6629 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 4:15 AM
I actually got around to recording how many days left all of my sims have in their age stages in my Notion spreadsheet, and that allowed me to make this projection about how the YA population is going to change in the next ~20 rotations or so. The parenthesized values are taken from the Teens Going to College column from earlier turns and are not entirely accurate, since the sims that are graduating during these turns haven't actually gone to college yet and I'll probably move in spouses for them, which will add to the number of sims graduating in particular turns, but which also adds to the total number of YAs in earlier turns, so it probably works out. The last value for Teens Going to College has a + after it because I'm currently playing the turn during which these sims are being born, so there will probably be more of them.

Code:
Rotation	Teens Going to College		YAs Graduating From College		Net Gain in YAs compared to turn 85
86		1				6					-5
87		1				2					-6
88		2				0					-4
89		7				2					+1
90		1				6					-4
91		0				2					-6
92		3				1					-4
93		4				1					-1
93		4				(1)					+2
94		3				(1)					+4
95		3				(2)					+5
96		1				(7)					-1
97		4				(1)					+2
98		8				(0)					+10
99		7				(3)					+14
100		4				(4)					+14
101		6				(4)					+16
102		7				(3)					+20
103		5				(3)					+22
104		2				(1)					+23
105		4+				(4)					+23+

Anyway, as of the end of turn 85, I had 20 YAs - it looks like the number will more than double by the time my recently newborn babies go to college. Because of the YA maternity hack, I actually have a total of 33 sims of various ages living on campus, though. Who knows how big that number will get.
Lab Assistant
#6630 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 10:52 AM
Lucy and Alvin Burb were at home taking care of their newborn Marshall. Alvin had the day off and Lucy wanted to ask him on a date. I thought sure, why not? You'll make the most of your date at home. And they did! The mod I have that gives 5% chance of pregnancy with regular woohoo finally worked! I mean, they'd have another baby for sure since Lucy is a family sim but I love the element of surprise. If only it had worked with Nina too...

Dustin rolled the want to flirt with Angela... He's married with a kid and the one bolt they used to have has disappeared. Absolutely NOT Dustin. Btw his wife Lucy, like his mom, works from home selling the flowers she makes.

Brandi's lifetime want to graduate 3 kids has been satisfied, even though only two have graduated so far. I don't know why but in her memories Beau has graduated twice. I don't know what's up with that but I hope Skip Jr. will want to go too.

Poor Nestor Goth had to watch his sister Nighat get into private school while he and his terrible grades are staying firmly in public school. He also has a fear of going to school occasionally, which tells me he's comparing himself to his sister and feeling pretty insecure right now. His aspiration is in the low green and he has been wanting to earn money for ages, but he won't tell me what job he wants. Maybe he'll convince his mom to buy him a computer so he can give some financial advice...
Mad Poster
#6631 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 7:08 PM
I did more editing to my lots in Durango to prepare for a new game.I tested out new CC and added a few things to my lots.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#6632 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 1:17 PM
I played some more today and sadly, Don and Nina are no more. Don took Gretchen to a community lot, which of course meant that catastrophe was imminent. First they went to Londoste. They had just ordered and Don was about to make a toast, when Renee Do (I think?) appeared out of nowhere and slapped him in a jealous rage. He somehow found a way to explain this to Gretchen (crazy ex? crazy patient?) and they were off to that botanical restaurant.

Everything was going great, Don proposed, then he went to call a taxi back home. Right at the moment when he was about to hug Gretchen, there comes Nina, slapping the crap out of him. I'm sure Gretchen started feeling suspicious at that point, especially since she's been in these women's place with Don in the past. But he had just proposed and his excuses were so convincing... Anyway, they arrived back at Don's apartment... It was a dream date, but after the deed was over Gretchen left, muttering something about needs. I guess she feels conflicted. Don's engagement memory is red so he's already regretting this...

Next morning, Crystal Wade was passing by. Don was already friendly with her so he asked her on a date. They stayed at his apartment, but after it was over he wanted a public woohoo so he called Jill Smith. When he came back home, Gretchen called him to ask him on another date. She must be feeling insecure. Don didn't appreciate the clinginess so after they came back he asked her to leave... He's not gonna marry you, Gretch. THEN the phone rang again. It was Calista Fuchs asking him on another date. Don was feeling very energetic but *I* was exhausted. Maybe he'll invite her tomorrow, but for now, the rotation is over for him (currently I play one day in each household)

Sigh... freaking romance sims!
Scholar
#6633 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 4:42 PM
Started a new neighborhood. This is my first attempt to run (small) businesses and have something of an integrated hood, and also there will be supernaturals. It is set in Baskerville, which is a remote desert town (downloaded from here--it really reminds me of so many small towns I have visited). The only thing close by is a technical college, La Fiesta Tech. This will play very differently from my Pleasantview, so I have an option for when I need a change.

I started out using the Prosperity Challenge rules and rolled three families, but after playing them for a season, I decided I needed to add in a few more families or there wouldn't be any diversity, so I added three more--plus Stella Terrano. I plan to use the other La Fiesta Tech graduates as my townies. Some jobs in town, like Town Manager and Police Chief, can only be filled by one person at a time, and may be taken by playables or townies, but the town also attracts a lot of artistic/hippie types who supplement their meager incomes with retail, restaurant, or hotel work.

So here's the town story. The "founder" and Town Manager is Glen Ades. He inherited the local grocer/newsstand business and a fair amount of money from his parents, who retired to Arizona. Glen very much wants to put Baskerville on the map as a tourist destination, and he's very concerned with appearances and avoiding scandal. His wife, Edie, helps out in the store sometimes but is not a motivated worker. She prefers to spend her time reading paranormal romance novels and she fantasizes about hairy, burly men who howl at the moon and might ravage her at night. They have four kids: Jennifer is at college; twins Elvin and Katlyn; and baby Gail.

Nathalie Amrich is a freelance investigative reporter who recently moved to town and wants to dig up dirt, any dirt, that she can write about and sell tons of books. She was almost immediately fired as town reporter because she wasn't content to write grocery-circular copy, so now she is freelance. She started an affair with Glen primarily to find out about any scandals, but now she thinks she might be in love with him, and he's certainly not going to leave his family. After she got fired, Glen hired her on at the store so they can have alone time together. He's probably not being careful enough about hiding this affair.

Gabriel Ajello also recently moved to town. He works as a paranormal researcher at the university, but he's really here to search for alien life. His wife recently disappeared, leaving him the sole caregiver for his son Junior, and he's convinced she was abducted by aliens. He's a bit of a neglectful dad because he spends so much time on his telescope. He's also started a relationship with Nathalie, which is a bit more casual for her than it is for him.

After I played them for a while, I started getting La Fiesta Tech graduates in the bin (thanks to the Story Progression mod, which is only controlling uni). I also made a YA named Octavio who was designated to be my werewolf townie. When they graduated, I saw that Stella wanted to get a job in Education. There is a school in town, and once Stella took all her fellow graduates' money, she had more than enough to buy it. She will just teleport in the school kids and let them free will there during the afternoons. Yes, she looks a little strange, but the official story is that she has a skin condition, although not everyone will buy that. I played her for one night, and she booty-called Octavio, which was pretty convenient. She has tons of werewolf wants. The town school will definitely be a place of suspicion, but Glen will do everything he can to cover up any oddities.

After Stella moved in and the werewolf sightings started leaking out, I had three more families moved in, who have only been set up in their houses as of now. Geraldo Barnacle is an elder natural scientist who works at La Fiesta Tech. He lives with his adult son, Roscoe, who's a bit of a hustler and wants to start a business. Herbert Bostelman is the ROTC recruiter at the tech school, but that seems odd to some people--is there another reason the military might be interested in Baskerville? He is divorced and lives with his elderly mother, Lillie, who helps take care of his son, Bobbie. Finally, Cole and Jacqueline Blaha are a young married hippie couple who moved into a small shack and have almost no money. They plan to sell junk out in the yard to finance all of their "hobbies."

This neighborhood has been fun to set up, so I hope I can stick with it and see how it grows.
Mad Poster
#6634 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 9:46 PM
I'd previously mentioned setting up another iteration of PV using some previously downloaded families from wherever-which included the Sims 1 families simmified for 2.

I thought it would be fine, until two separate instances of "twirling around frantically waving while pregnant but not doing anything else" occurred and after having tried every single thing to stop the insanity did not work, had to dump the neighborhood.

That was a shame. I was hoping that it would work, but thankfully Tinsel Town is safe from harm!

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Scholar
#6635 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 4:22 PM
I was worried that the ACR settings in my new neighborhood weren't quite right because I thought there should be more jealousy than there was. Edie Ades invited over Gunnar Roque and, out of boredom, I guess, decided to woohoo with him just when her husband Glen was getting home. I thought I would hear the bong! bud didn't. Then the woohoo animation ended and all I saw was Glen standing at the edge of the bed, face red, pounding his fist into his palm. It was terrifying. So jealousy is working just fine, it seems. Neither Glen nor Edie want their marriage to end, Glen for appearance' sake and Edie because she loves her kids and has a pretty cushy life, so Edie is not going to see Gunnar anymore. Of course, Glen was having his own affair with Nathalie that Edie doesn't know about, although she knows she hates Nathalie and the feeling is mutual. Nathalie came to the conclusion that Glen would never leave his family so when her other boyfriend Gabriel popped the question, she accepted.

I decided to do weddings a bit differently in this hood, and there can only be a home wedding if the couple are rich enough to set it up right. Otherwise, they have to have a civil ceremony at the town hall or have the wedding in the banquet room at the hotel. I set the banquet room up with a buffet, wedding arch, cake, and music, and had Gabriel and Nathalie get married there to try it out. It worked really well. They had guests in the other visitors to the lot who all watched the ceremony, ate, and danced. When they cut the cake, everyone got a piece, even the bartender and hotel clerk. This lot is not a "real" hotel--it just has a second floor with bedrooms--so they were able to go upstairs to the "honeymoon suite," consummate the marriage (they tried for baby but it did not happen), and sleep overnight. I was really pleased.

Elsewhere in my neighborhood, Jennifer Ades graduated from college and became an assistant teacher at the school. She is looking around for a husband, and there are plenty of eligible bachelors around, but the only man who she's really passionate about is Octavio the werewolf (three bolts!). It's a doomed love because she doesn't want to become a werewolf and go live in the woods, and he can't marry her because he's a werewolf and there are rules against that (my rules). Octavio also ran into my military guy, Herbert, at a community lot while in werewolf form, and Herbert hated him at first sight. He antagonized him all night until they got in a fight and Octavio beat Herbert senseless. The next night, for revenge Octavio sneaked into Herbert's house and attacked his mother. Octavio had better take care or there will be a mob after him.

My hippie couple ran the easiest business I have ever attempted: a yard sale. They held it on a Saturday, drank beer all day, and sold everything they had. They went from $60 in their bank account to over $3000. Jacqueline would often get distracted while running the register and wander off to read a book in the middle of a transaction, which I thought was pretty spot on, but they still got to Level 1. Now Cole is thinking about opening a permanent stall in the downtown flea market.
Scholar
#6636 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 10:48 PM
Vasyl Bruty received a job offer he couldn't refuse, when an acquaintance said, "Hey, Vasyl, I work in the Social Security career track, and we could really use a Sim like you to work as a Social Security Recipient right now." Social Security comes at the very bottom of the list of careers I'll be adding to post-apocalypse SMB Northbridge, but Vasyl wasn't going to be around long enough to actually make a claim, so I let him accept anyway, since it made him happy.

Vasyl died on the same day his grandson, Theodore, grew up to child. Poor Theo, not only did he lose his beloved grandpa, who had been his primary carer, but his birthday was completely overlooked as everyone rushed to see the hula dancers take Vasyl.

Otherwise, it's been a very quiet week at Northbridge. Nobody seems interested in earning a promotion, so it may be some time before another career is unlocked. I've deleted David and Alvin's chess table, in the hopes they might develop an interest in skilling again if they can't spend every waking moment at the chess board. Alvin, at least, is a Knowledge Sim, so now he's maxed out Logic he really should start wanting to study something else.
Mad Poster
#6637 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 11:06 PM
I had to hire the nanny because my sim got divorced and there was no one to watch the toddler. Midway through her shift, the nanny decided to do something to annoy the sentrybot, which shocked her and she ran off the lot. The social worker did come for the toddler, but instead of taking him I just got a notification that she was giving me a second chance and I had 24 hours to improve? I didn't know that could happen. Anyway, she left, and the toddler and later on a child were able to occupy the house alone without problems until their father got home.

Anyway, I modified the sentrybotshockscoach mod to ignore on-duty nannies even if they are doing something bad. Just need to test it.
Scholar
#6638 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 2:08 PM
In Baskerville, my hippie couple bought a flea market booth and got it up to rank 2 just selling junk and used books. Glen finally forgave his wife for woohooing with Gunnar Roque, but then he lost his reelection campaign to Gunnar! I guess Gunnar cornered the slacker vote. Glen's daughter Jennifer decided to go husband shopping even though she's desperately in love with the werewolf Octavio and picked Matthew Hart; on the night before the wedding, she had one last woohoo with Octavio and got pregnant--the child has a 50% chance of becoming a werewolf when he grows up. Matthew has no idea.

Geraldo Barnacle dated and then married Lillie Bostelman (civil ceremony at the town hall), which makes sense because they are the only two elders in town, but it's still sweet. His son Roscoe started dating Stella Terrano, and when they got serious, Stella wanted to turn him into a werewolf. It turns out that the werewolves are products of alien experimentation. Who knew? She had Octavio turn Roscoe, but he was not too happy about the whole situation, broke up with her, and ran off to the woods. So now there are two werewolves prowling the edge of town.

Also, babies!
Mad Poster
#6639 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 7:23 PM
@FranH -I would switch to just usiing the Pleasantview terrain template and starting with my own recrations and renditions of the Pleasantview ancestors in the 17th century when the town was first settled and slwoly add couples to the town as the town is built up.I'm about to start that with my own Pleasantview Epic Challenge starting with the founding of the new colony in the turn of the 17th century and slowly progressing into the modern times.I'm doing this with my own renditions of the ancestors and a few extras in a blank Pleasantview template instead of using the Pleasantview shipped with the game which is corrupt and is likely why it glitched out so fast on you.
I've been downloading some period approriate areers for my Pleasanview Epic Challenge game like fishing and domestic service.
Forum Resident
#6640 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 3:19 AM
Probably because her eldest is about to head off for university, Samantha Ottomas decided that what she really wanted was another baby. She kept rolling the want, so as Peter didn't seem fussed either way I decided to give in, and a sixth child is on the way. I have a longer ages mod, so by the time the new baby is a toddler the twins will be teens - a bigger age gap than between the twins and Daniel (aka David, long story), who got aged down to child to start with.

This new baby is going to have far fewer other sims around the same age as their older siblings - the year group leaving for university has four sims (Daniel, Thomas Grunt, Orion Curious, and Gabriella Newson-Loner), plus five premades from La Fiesta Tech getting played with them, while the sixth Ottomas will be alone in their year group, and the year above also only has one (Henry Nigmos-Smith). Though I suppose I may decide to add in some other premades as they get older.
#6641 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 3:20 AM
I am being extremely cautious with the flu going around Luna Canyon. They are officially on lockdown and cannot leave their homes to prevent further spread. Currently, I think each household is being affected by the sickness.

At the Fraser household, Claire and Jamie had to take the day off from entertaining guests. Claire was allowed to go to work since she's a doctor. Jamie spent the day making Grandma's Soup, hot chocolate, and lighting fires for the kiddos. I spent the whole day trying to get the kids healthy and warm. There was a major snowstorm and it was hard to tell the kids they had to stay inside and rest, but they did it.

The Parkers took a financial hit since they couldn't open up the farmers market. Kaibab and his son Forrest tended to the greenhouse while Shenandoah worked on dog training - Forrest's puppy Gump just grew up and needs to learn some manners! They're hoping to breed Gump with their shepherd and former stray, Alia. Forrest wants to sneak out with his bestie Regina Romana and get his first kiss - it's tough having to stay home.
Mad Poster
#6642 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@FranH -I would switch to just usiing the Pleasantview terrain template and starting with my own recrations and renditions of the Pleasantview ancestors in the 17th century when the town was first settled and slwoly add couples to the town as the town is built up.I'm about to start that with my own Pleasantview Epic Challenge starting with the founding of the new colony in the turn of the 17th century and slowly progressing into the modern times.I'm doing this with my own renditions of the ancestors and a few extras in a blank Pleasantview template instead of using the Pleasantview shipped with the game which is corrupt and is likely why it glitched out so fast on you.
I've been downloading some period approriate areers for my Pleasanview Epic Challenge game like fishing and domestic service.

It's not really the terrains that's making them impossible to play-there's a mod conflict somewhere that makes a pregnant woman twirl around waving and not progress in the pregnancy. It's happened twice to the same pixel, and I've removed a couple of hacks that might be making it happen..and hoping that it stops.

I use empty templates and clean houses-so it really isn't the setting-it's more likely a conflict somewhere else. But thank you for the advice. I do like to try to start with the earliest iterations of PV possible and this latest problem is very frustrating.

Mad Poster
#6643 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 9:46 AM
@FranH It might be a timing issue that happens and therre's a Mod uploaded HERE that cam ifx issues like pregnacies,aging and asiration decay failing like happened in your game.I've downloaded it and intend to install it before going live again.
#6644 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 2:18 AM
Currently in Luna Canyon...

The Bakers had a quiet day due to the lockdown. They are fortunately mostly healthy. Evan's girlfriend, Brooke Jung, quietly hushed away her lover Anthony Perry while Evan and his son Bud were sleeping. Brooke loves young Bud more than she loves Evan. She helped Bud with his homework and taught him how to study. The poor kid needs some stability in his life after his mom left when he was a toddler and he doesn't even remember her. Brooke is staying for now, for Bud. Evan doesn't notice Brooke and he definitely doesn't notice her spending hours talking on the phone to her three bolter Henry Piccolo just like he didn't notice when his ex wife Sugar had an affair with Henry... history repeats itself.

In the downtown, Cliffrose Heights, the guests of the Blue Pool Motel do not seem to care about the illness spreading like wildfire. Henry Piccolo stopped by Sugar Baker's apartment unannounced. The last time they saw each other he refused to help her and claim her unborn child as his own. He thought he would check in on her and damn - he can't decide whether it was a mistake or not. She smooched him and he did not try to stop her. They became friends and fell in love again in only a matter of minutes. Meanwhile, Sugar's husband Anthony Perry invited over Brooke Jung for a booty call. What a tangled mess all of these Sims are in. Sugar gave birth to a baby girl, Cherry. Only I know who the father is - and I can tell you it is not Henry Piccolo. Anthony knew the whole time the baby wasn't his since Sugar was pregnant before they ever slept together. And now that Sugar cheated on him and he had Brooke, he decided to move out leaving Sugar all alone with her newborn baby. She wept after Anthony and it wasn't in complete selfishness. She did a really awful thing - cheated on a man who agreed to marry her and raise a child he knew wasn't his. Anthony doesn't know where he's going next, but he's definitely done trying to play the nice guy.
Scholar
#6645 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 1:01 PM
The news from Baskerville

Reclusive Claire Basker, the only remaining member of the town's founding family--whose corporation still runs the hotel and some of the larger businesses in town--has decided to open up her beautiful home as a place where retirees can live out their golden years. Gunnar Roque, town manager, is one of the first residents. Rumor has it he may not run again in the next election.

Jennifer Ades Hart, wife of Matthew Hart, tragically died during her pregnancy with the couple's second child. [She took the secret of who Emmett's real father is to her grave.] Her younger siblings, the twins Elvin and Katlyn, graduated from college. Katlyn will take over running the Ades General Store, while Elvin has bought a farm to supply fresh produce to the store and was recently married to his high school sweetheart, Margaret Turner.

Gabriel Ajello claims he was abducted by aliens. Many in the town do not know whether to believe this outlandish tale--some think he is telling the truth, some think he is making it up so his wife Nathalie has material for a potentially best-selling book. There is no denying the new baby in the house, and although she hasn't been seen by many, those who have say she looks rather odd.

Cole Blaha has opened a second stall in the Flea Market offering face paintings and piercings. His first stall, which sells "Junk Ya Need," is doing so well that he can't keep stock in before it is sold again. Who would have figured Cole for such a businessman?

Finally, Herbert Bostelman, ROTC recruiter at La Fiesta Tech, dried mysteriously when fire rained down on him out of a clear blue sky. A passerby also perished in the flames before firefighters could arrive. Herbert was known to be investigating local schoolteacher Stella Terrano and rumors of werewolves, and he was good friends with Roscoe Barnacle, who was recently reported missing by his father. Was Herbert deliberately killed to keep him from finding out the truth? We may never know, but there will be many ladies in mourning around Baskerville.
Mad Poster
#6646 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 5:29 PM
Well, I never give up-I downloaded again another iteration of PV (Old Town-by Marka) and set everyone up. This is the one that has all the left out families from Sims 1-Jones, Roomies, Agents, Michael Bachelor-and I added in the Lotharios, Brokes, Calientes and Oldies in their earliest interations-with Don, Dina, Nina, Mary Sue and Skip all either toddlers or children.

I'm such a stickler for detail, now it's a complete recreation of Sims 1 in the families. I just hope and pray it doesn't blow up.

Forum Resident
#6647 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 6:22 PM
Another update on Crystal Pleasantview, which includes quite a few families, but I'll try to summarise it to the best of my ability.

Beau Broke thought he was happy being a stay at home dad, but decided that he wanted to work, so got a job in Science, I want to say. Could be wrong, though. His wife, Emily, managed to reach the top of the Culinary Career and now just wants to relax by skilling. And their daughter, Paige, aged to a toddler and then a child, where she had a party and befriended Tommy Grunt and James Tribal. Lenny, the dog, also became an elder and developed a cute bond with Paige.

Skipp continued his ascent in the Political Career, becoming close to being the Mayor of Pleasantview. Ophelia made slow progress in the Education Career and wanted another baby, so she did inevitably fall pregnant. Their eldest daughter, Lily, aged up into a teen with the Romance aspiration, I think. Heather became a child and a little girl called Jasmine was born.

Matthew Hart, freshly graduated from college, got a job in Oceanography, I think. Sarah got a job in Military and fell pregnant with their second child, which she lost due to a miscarriage. Their son, Shawn, became a child, and Sarah fell pregnant at the end of the round after her and Matthew's wedding.

Lazlo continued to climb the ranks in the Law Career; he's having fun building new skills.

Bella Specter had no interest in getting further in her career, but has made some decent progress. She has become an elder now, and has no interest in dating again. Sebastian became a teenager with the Knowledge aspiration, I think. He is really into Marine Oldie and even had his first kiss with her. Paulina became a toddler, then a child.

Circe Beaker passed away in Platinum mood this round just after her daughter, Eris, left for college. She was invited over to say goodbye.

Jenny Smith also moved on this round in Platinum mood, leaving her adopted son, Joe, on his own. He could manage with him being a teenager, but Janet insisted on moving back in with him and Chris joined her. She was in her first trimester of pregnancy. Chris continued to progress in his career, while Janet got a job in the entertainment industry. They got married after she got her second baby bump, so she became Janet Smith-Dreamer. A day later, a boy called Jake was born. Joe finally made things official with Priscilla Goth, so they are now dating.

Buck continued to work, while Jill occupied herself with being a stay-at-home mother. Tommy got an A+ and Luna transitioned to a child.

Lola wasn't having much luck in finding the Law Career she wanted. Ratna continued to go to work, while Kristen worked her way up to the top of the Athletic career track. Erie aged to a teen with the Romance aspiration and has her sights on Ricky Cormier. She is distant with her mother. Chloe died during a thunder storm after coming home from work.

Johnny was still having terrible luck in finding an ad for the Music Career, so has taken it upon himself to tend the garden whenever it needs maintenance and clean the house. He hates it, though. Zidane got promoted twice, then got faced with a bunch of pitfalls relating to chance cards; he got demoted, then fined 15,000 simoleons the next day leaving the household with no money, and then lost a charisma skill point the day after that. He has maxed the fitness skill, though. James aged to a teen with the popularity aspiration; he enjoys painting and practicing his speech in his spare time.

Ripp wanted to get his job in the Slacker career back, so he did. He has reached Lvl 5 and is very content with it. Meadow got further in her Oceanography career and wants another baby, while Ripp is fine with the two they have, so doesn't want any more. She is holding out hope, though. Their eldest, River, aged to a teen with the Pleasure aspiration; she is beginning to think about dating. The youngest, Ren, aged to a toddler, where during that time he became close friends with Skipp and, I think, Johnny. He then aged to a child.

Isabelle is trying to be as good of a mother as she can for Amanda. She has made decent progress in the Architecture career and has continued her romance with Aiden. Amanda, in the meantime, has gathered quite the circle of friends with other children, involving Ren Grunt (her closest friend), Paige Broke (her second most closest friend), Tommy Grunt, Luna Grunt, and Paulina Specter. They played together most days and had a blast until curfew.

I have a couple more households left until the end of the round, but that's all I've played up to so far.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#6648 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 6:42 PM
It's been a warm dry fall season so far in Dodge as the fall of 1841 starts to near it's end with winter about to arrive in a few days and construction crews got another homestead lot down and levelled before they moved into working on an addition to the service center.There's a lot of last minute preparations for winter going on around Dodge as the end of fall appoaches and they are waiting for the arrival of winter.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6649 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 3:11 AM
Old Town, despite its' appearance, seems to be a hotbed of criminal activity.
On Millionaire's Row (where all the big money lives) 3 of the 4 families are engaged in crime. However, there are active investigations going on into it with major government agencies involved, and all the undercover agents attached to the investigation are deep undercover, hoping to bust those responsible for serious felonies such as money laundering, tax evasion and drug smuggling-or so their bosses back in the city would believe.
Unfortunately, all the undercover agents seem to be involved in are their own personal love affairs and the investigations are going nowhere.

Their bosses are frustrated that they've sunk in half a million dollars into this and they have nothing to show for it except rumors of agents spending most of their time in the pool or playing in bed with one another.

As one of the bureau heads exclaimed in frustration: "If there were drunken hobos working this we'd get more accomplished! Instead, we have 6 extremely experienced agents working this and nothing happens! What a waste of money this was!"

Mad Poster
#6650 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 3:31 AM
Hey, that sort of thing doesn't pay off until it pays off.

For sundry reasons, I decided to play some Depression-era Riverblossom HIlls prior to shifting over to modern-day Widespot. My retro folder has Hat's aging mod in it, so everything takes longer and I play in a more relaxed fashion. At the Roseland house, all three original dogs (Porthos, Danny, and Sarah) grew to elder. Their sole remaining puppy, Boots, is male, so if they want to sell any more puppies they'll have to adopt. Their second child, Isabel, grew to toddler, and they only have one toddler bed and one potty, with eldest child Gordon not growing up for two more days, plus fall's just beginning and they have a full garden to tend if they want to make a good crop and have money to tide them through the winter. By that time Gordon will be a child and able to take on some of the chores (not, alas, washing all of the dogs, but he'll be able to feed them, and weed, and clean), freeing Cyd up to work on the gold toy badge he's set his heart on. Maybe by next spring they'll be enough ahead to open the toy store of his dreams!

Meanwhile, the Travellers were having a routine day, with Trent at his law office, Trisha managing Stella Roth's beauty parlor, and Tina going to school, practicing her painting, working in the greenhouse, talking to her friends on the phone, and planning her college career, a mere 12 days away. Tina'd like to get another puppy but there aren't any at the moment. It stormed all day, so there was no point in washing Tina's existing adult dog, Wynken (one of Sarah's first crop of puppies), but Trent taught him to sit up. They were all in bed at a decent hour, but Trent got up at about 1 in the morning, after the storm cleared, wanting to gaze at the stars. And when he did, something gazed back! So I guess their lives will be a bit less routine from here out!

Their house is huge and fancy, but only has two bedrooms and they don't have enough liquid capital to do a proper build with an architect. Either they'll have to cobble something together fast, before the snow flies, or Tina'll have to share a room, whether she wants to, or not.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 266 of 351