Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#9126 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Love that lot.
That's where Don and Nina's vampire son was hiding out when I played my over-dramatic Emo-pop fuelled Sims storylines back when I was like 13 Good times.

Sounds like it And it must be effective as a hide-out for sims, the lot hid from me for 16 years after all.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Theorist
#9127 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Now, that would have been worth reading about!

It wasn't that brilliant or entertaining. From what I remember I had Don and Nina marry because she got pregnant from him, they had a son called Ron. When Ron was a child Nina ran away and became a vampire. Don, of course, neglected his son and they hated each other (it's really easy to make Sim kids hate their parents in Sims 2, just make them watch their parent make out with someone who isn't their other parent) Then when Ron was a teenager, Nina met up with him and made him a vampire too. I had downloaded a mod that allowed vampires to kill other Sims (and also a mod that made the vampires not blue), so of course I had Ron kill Don, because "I WILL NEVER BE LIKE YOU, DAD!!!" and then he hid away in that hidden hermit lot.....until he met Bella Dreamer, the daughter of Cassandra and Darren (this was before twilight!, or at least before I became aware of twilight? I'm not sure). She saw that Ron wasn't a monster, just hurt ( ) and it was tru wuv ( ) . I downloaded a vampire hunter career for teens so that Bella could be Buffy.
And then I lost interest in that neighbourhood because I found University too long and boring.
Also Bella Dreamer had a twin brother named Scott, because I thought Cassandra's face looked like the X-Men evolution version of Cyclops, and yes he ended up looking much like his mother, and I even gave him the basegame glasses with the orange lenses so he could look like Cyclops.

And that was my first time playing Pleasantview

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#9128 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 9:36 PM
"It was true love between Bella and Ron, the vampire. I then made Bella a vampire hunter."
I'm sorry, are you really just gonna drop this bomb in here and go away? What volume of Tokyo Ghoul is this??
Theorist
#9129 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
"It was true love between Bella and Ron, the vampire. I then made Bella a vampire hunter."
I'm sorry, are you really just gonna drop this bomb in here and go away? What volume of Tokyo Ghoul is this??

I'm afraid it's not that spectacular, I just wanted to play a Sims version of Buffy and Angel haha. So Bella was out hunting the "evil" Vampires while going steady with he "good" Vampire, Ron.
Though, since Bella was the child of Cassandra and Darren, I had a black Buffy looong before the rumoured reboot!

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#9130 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 7:12 PM
Not today, but sims eat while sitting on this cc object from Castaway Stories.
Mad Poster
#9131 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 2:45 PM
Appearantly, teens (may) forget to feedthemselves while on GO ON. You would think she with her friends would drop by a drive-through restaurant but no, she starved herself to death while on a trip.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#9132 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
Not today, but sims eat while sitting on this cc object from Castaway Stories.

that's very interesting, it means that I should be possible to make functional floor cushions/low eating tables with proper animations?

edit: nevermind, just realized there is not actual table involved here. still good to know though
Mad Poster
#9133 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 8:01 PM
So practically everybody at LFT has been getting into the secret society lately (I wish their playable friends in the society showed up when they got there; it'd make the scenario a lot more fun) and last night Sam Thomas got abducted out of the half-bath, requiring me to get in really close to get the story shot; and I noticed that her mouth wobbled tearfully when she turned around for the handcuffing!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#9134 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Appearantly, teens (may) forget to feedthemselves while on GO ON. You would think she with her friends would drop by a drive-through restaurant but no, she starved herself to death while on a trip.

Me when I'm socially anxious and don't dare to eat in front of people
Scholar
#9135 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 11:26 PM
Saw for the first time the want to be best friends with 5 service sims.
Instructor
#9136 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Saw for the first time the want to be best friends with 5 service sims.

On this note, one of my SIms just rollent the want "want to meet the aliens 5 times" - never seen it before!
Mad Poster
#9137 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 5:34 AM
Hardly a "big" discovery but... the scrollwork at the stern of the pirate ship is very clearly a llama/sim/fish mer-chimaera...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#9138 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:31 AM
Apparently going to uni and aging up are seperate things, because today I found out that a teen can go to uni and stillaging age up badly!

Angel Oakley was having Issues so I locked in the grow up badly want for him, but he had a go to uni want as well, so I thought the uni one would put him into platinum right away and make him grow up well even though he had low aspiration. Apparently not, he got the aspiration effect of both the want and the fear. And due to my new personality modifying rule, he now has zero (0) nice points. Uni will be fun.
Field Researcher
#9139 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 12:35 AM
I can watch the espresso in the cup fill up. Also that the espresso color is a nasty greenish-brown like it's mixed with matcha tea. It could have been a nice warmer brown like I can see in the filter part if I clip into the espresso machine, but instead they chose green to put into the cup. I know it's the sims and they drink a lot of green water, so it makes SENSE that their coffee is slightly green... it still looks gross.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Mad Poster
#9140 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 1:39 AM Last edited by HarVee : 24th Apr 2021 at 1:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
This brings the question... is Sims music, license free or something? Or had I even heard the music right?

iirc the songs are not copyright by Maxis/EA but rather the composer. It is very possible that show went to the composer of the soundtrack, Mark Mothersbaugh, and made a deal with him to use it.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#9141 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 1:09 AM
So, double post, but I had noticed that the nhood traffic will spawn and despawn in the same location over and over on the roads. Took me a long time to figure this out since I always used hexemeter's invisible traffic.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#9142 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 4:42 AM
I've been experimenting with the excess Professors that got spawned before I plugged in the "There Can Be Only One" mod. Something's a bit hinky with them, as ones that originally read as "Elder" in SimPE now read as "Adult" - and vice versa. The current experiment is to see if they can be recycled into dormies - so far so good. La Fiesta Tech hasn't blown up in a Very Big Fireball Visible From Space, so this may be within the allowable parameters.

I left a couple of "control" extras, to see if they keep recycling between Adult and Elder.
Field Researcher
#9143 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 4:46 AM
I discovered the Snuggle interaction between parent and child on the couch. I don't know if this was added in an expansion, or it was in the base game all this time and I never noticed it. I thought it was very sweet. There's just so many little things about TS2 that makes me love raising families in this game.
Field Researcher
#9144 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 12:14 AM
"Torment" can raise the relationship between kids even though it's a Fight option. I don't know if that's how it always works, but it's cute and realistic to sibling squabbles.

I love some of the autonomous parent-child interactions, like a kid running to hug their parent after they get home from work, or the parent tucking in a sleeping child.
Instructor
#9145 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 12:25 AM
This is so simple but I learned that when you are running a salon or barber business, if multiple sims "purchase" the haircut and there is someone already in the chair, the sims will sit down on a couch or chair (if available) and WAIT for their turn. It blew my mind, but I also never really tried a barbershop as a business, so I just never saw this happen.
Scholar
#9146 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 8:29 PM
Sims can get sick while asleep in bed. Usually that's how they recover, but Gunnar Roque got a 'healthy again' notice, followed about a Sim-hour later by a 'Gunnar is sick with a cold' notice. He was sharing a bachelor apartment with three others, though, and at least one of the others was sick, so clearly it wasn't a healthy environment.
Field Researcher
#9147 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
The shack in the woods at 10 Oak Street in Pleasantview. Too bad I'm only playing in Strangetown at the moment, because I adore that house. And I'm annoyed I didn't know about it when one of my sims quit her at-home business and sold her ginormous house to live a more simple and down-scaled life, because that house would've been perfect for her.

I just found out about this through your comment and I've been playing The Sims 2 since I was seven years old. I'm amazed by the fact that I never noticed the shack!
Lab Assistant
#9148 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:43 PM
Default Mean Sims Gain Fun From Mean Interactions
Pretty much what the title says! I had a mean sim (4 nice points) poke his daughter's friend for waking him up by turning on the stereo, and his fun went up as he did it! It was hilarious, and that teen totally had it coming.
Field Researcher
#9149 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 9:04 PM
I love watching NPC Sims fight each other downtown. I just think it's funny.
Field Researcher
#9150 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 11:44 PM
If an evil witch comes to your business, you can ask her to leave before she curses the lot. She'll just shake your hand and fly off.
Screenshots
Page 366 of 445