2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9176 Old 20th May 2021 at 8:56 PM
You can go to the final from a community lot, though.
Advertisement
Scholar
#9177 Old 20th May 2021 at 10:34 PM
I saw the nanny age up a baby. I didn't know they could do that.
Mad Poster
#9178 Old 22nd May 2021 at 5:58 PM
Randomizer gave me "Firstborn Syndrome". One Ottomas twins, a boy is exactly like David Ottomas. Personality is also almost a same, he has just +5 more personality points. This boy is the best looking Ottomas twin so far.
Mad Poster
#9179 Old 24th May 2021 at 12:20 AM
1. Shooing Sims from the swimming pool has its own String interaction.
2. SIms children using the Enterprise Office Concepts Bushmaster Tele-Prompter (politics podium reward) thing blenches on it.
3. Inviting a Sim over appears to have cancel a house party.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9180 Old 24th May 2021 at 6:53 AM
What? I constantly invite sims during parties. Children can't throw their own birthday parties, so I normally have the parent throw the party and then queue the child up to invite all their friends. Or with a wedding party, let one partner throw the party and then the other one invite their friends/family that their partner doesn't know well (or at all).

Chatting on the phone during a party also causes the party score to go up, because you're raising relationship!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#9181 Old 24th May 2021 at 11:57 AM
After playing all the way long ago since 2004, I FINALLY decided to try to edit something in SimPE. Ive always been afraid of the program. It isn't very user friendly (I mean it doesn't walk you through anything) But I followed a step by step guide and used it to change the last names of my townies I had to do this because I created them all in bodyshop and moved them into town 8 at a time. They ALL had the last name Townie. Anyway, I thought it would be a nightmare changing their last names. Nope. Easy Peasy. Even I can learn SimPE.
Forum Resident
#9182 Old 24th May 2021 at 9:24 PM
Apparently, the BCON that controls pregnancy spans is also responsible for like A LOT of other things. Like, if I understand SimPE correctly, it also controls how many relationship a sim needs to become friends and fall in love.
Scholar
#9183 Old 24th May 2021 at 10:59 PM
Pets can eat the snow!!!!
Lab Assistant
#9184 Old 25th May 2021 at 2:08 PM
The process of training a cat to use the toilet. Claws Kennedy's utter bewilderment as Mena struggled to explain what she wanted him to do, and then demonstrated it for reinforcement, over and over again, was hilarious. "You want me to do what??"
Mad Poster
#9185 Old 25th May 2021 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Apparently, the BCON that controls pregnancy spans is also responsible for like A LOT of other things. Like, if I understand SimPE correctly, it also controls how many relationship a sim needs to become friends and fall in love.

That's interesting, it must be why pregnancy span mods conflict with so many things.

Scholar
#9186 Old 28th May 2021 at 10:26 PM
Pork chops are very fattening.
Scholar
#9187 Old 30th May 2021 at 5:29 AM
Pets can watch waves. I've never seen this before!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#9188 Old 31st May 2021 at 4:21 AM
Twojeffs' "Always Flush Toilets" has a backfire - if you direct a Sim to use the toilet and then take a bath or shower - they won't use the toilet. They'll just go straight to the bath or shower, and you'll have to fudge their Motives.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a Sim not flush the toilet after using, so it may be this mod is not necessary.
Theorist
#9189 Old 31st May 2021 at 6:50 AM
The mod is necessary if you want sims to always flush, unfortunately. I've seen sims not flush a few times, and I believe it depends on how many neat personality points they have.
:Insert Disgustang! GIF Here:
Mad Poster
#9190 Old 31st May 2021 at 4:51 PM
I knew beforehand that there was a reason that one does not turn the in-game beach lots around away from their natural direction, but did not remember why: they don't work otherwise.

In TT, I'd put a in-game beach lot in another direction from what it was supposed to be, and when I sent someone there, and clicked on them, the game stopped and the pixel disappeared. I had to go back out to the NH view and go back to their home lot, where they showed up. I deleted that lot, and built another community lot in the correct direction and sent another person to the new lot.

It worked perfectly. So I answered my own question that I'd asked a while ago. Don't ever place beach lots in any other direction than they're supposed to go in. They will not work.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#9191 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 12:45 PM
I just discovered that this fear was a thing last night:

Prior to this, I have never seen it before.
Screenshots

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Theorist
#9192 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Don't ever place beach lots in any other direction than they're supposed to go in.
What do you mean by this? Did you move a beach lot from for example south coast to north coast (having rotated it), or did you place it down with the beach not being parallel to the road?
Mad Poster
#9193 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 4:26 PM Last edited by FranH : 1st Jun 2021 at 9:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by topp
What do you mean by this? Did you move a beach lot from for example south coast to north coast (having rotated it), or did you place it down with the beach not being parallel to the road?

In the neighborhood I was playing, the Maxis beach lots were naturally pointing to the east ->, and I put one in a position where it was pointing north instead, and it stopped working. I rotated it, in other words.

You're not supposed to turn the lots around like that because they lose their portals. I think they're the only ones who have that one problem-because any other lot can be turned around, as long as they meet the road. The beach lots are special that way.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#9194 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 5:15 PM
Ty Bubbler put together a group of fellow secret society members, invited them over, and called the limo to go to the lot. But it only took him.
Furthermore, when he got back, though the group appeared to be ended (no blue plumbobs, no option to gather or end the group), the members kept following him around.
Off to WCIF for mods to make the secret society less of a waste of time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#9195 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 11:39 PM
@FranH maybe playing with Moo's Lot Adjuster will help. There should be a switch to regenerate portals - or even rotating the lot in-tool first and then repositioning it manually in-game.
Field Researcher
#9196 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 8:37 AM
Played for the first time in like 4 months, discovered 3 little details while playing one household that I had never noticed or seen before:

When a sim is operating the model train set table, another sim can watch the train and will actually follow the movement of the train with their head when it is in their sight except when it goes directly underneath them (where they'd have to look down directly)

Another one about the train set! One of the billboard signs on the model train set is in english, it says "Shop at the Store!"

When a sim is cleaning the hamster cage, if you click on the cage with another sim, there will only be an option to watch the hamster. When the cage is free, all the options return.
Mad Poster
#9197 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 5:30 PM
I wonder if the beach lot problem is down to them being Maxis beach lots rather than empty lot templates placed from the catalogue?

Theorist
#9198 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 5:42 PM
I didn't attempt to recreate the problem in my game, but I would say that it doesn't matter if the lot is by Maxis or empty, up to a point.

Both Maxis and user-made lots get the offending portals which apparently don't regenerate properly without Moo's tool. However, a freshly-placed and never loaded lot (those that glow green/purple in neighborhood view) shouldn't suffer from the issue, as they have not been yet initialized (as indicated by the <1 KB lot file size).
Mad Poster
#9199 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I wonder if the beach lot problem is down to them being Maxis beach lots rather than empty lot templates placed from the catalogue?

It has everything to do with it, because they're the special 'beach lots' that have the portals to the ocean and animations that go with it. They only face one way in any neighborhood, and in the one I was playing, it was "East" as opposed to the "southern" beach I wanted to use it on.

I wanted the beach lots specifically because of the ocean access. Regular empty lots don't normally have that access to the ocean unless you want to modify the terrain specifically and even then, very unknown if it would work properly. I've read some horror stories about apartments not being available on a beach lot because of the special conditions they require.

Theorist
#9200 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 8:25 PM Last edited by topp : 4th Jun 2021 at 6:35 PM.
For the lots, have you tried the Lot Adjuster?

And regarding apartments, I think I have found a tutorial somewhere on how to make the beach ones playable. I think the error lies in the fact that the lot elevation gets reset when the game creates a new instance of the base lot (called the apartment sub lot), and since the beach lots are anything but flat, the issue is much more apparent. I'll see if I can find the tutorial again.

Edit: a quick Google search yielded this result:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ght_data_glitch

Basically, if you have UC (or patched AL, or M&G), just pick up the lot and place it down again. If you don't, follow Mootilda's tutorial found on the link. Again, this what I'm talking about is for building apartments on uneven terrain (including beaches) - to have the portals regenerate, try using Lot Adjuster.
Page 368 of 442