Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:49 AM
Default Fixing up Gamesend Grounds lot
According to the wikia, sending a grave to that lot (in Belladonna Cove) will be a fail attempt and the game will send them to a non-existent lot. Is there a way to fix it?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 8:35 AM
There's a mod available on MTS that makes you select your graveyard. I can't remember the link. Also if you use clean Belladonna Cove by Tarlia, all the pre made urnstones will be transferred to Gamesend Ground, (except Olivia Riley because hers is at art gallery) by HoodChecker. I've been using the clean version and that mod and I've had no problem so far
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:39 PM
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 1:11 AM
I think this is the mod you need. If the last member of a family who lives in an apartment dies, the game sends the grave to a random lot.

"Select Your Cemetery" mod
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=316426

The problem with Gravesend Grounds is a completely different situation. The pre-made graves that are supposed to appear at that cemetery usually don't appear there in the Maxis version of the neighborhood because Maxis assigned them to the wrong lot or something like that. Use Tarlia's version of Belladonna Cove as suggested above.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 7:17 AM
Where can I find it though? Link please? (I tried to the search box, but no luck).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 7:22 AM
Googling "sims 2 tarlia cleaned hoods" literally brings it up as the first result:

https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 7:47 AM
Not sure If I missed, but can't I just fix the lot on already saved/loaded belladonna cove? Like, not restarting it all over again in a new save?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:21 AM
HoodChecker might be able to fix it, wouldn't count on it though. It'd be better to start anew. Or make a new graveyard and try to replicate Gamesend Grounds the best you can.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#9 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:18 AM
You know, using Tarlia's cleaned neighborhoods are much better than Maxis' ones. When I still played Maxis' versions and templates, Belladonna Cove had like around 770 sims. Then I switched to Tarlia's ones and Jawusa's empty stealth hoods (because I hate the premade sims in the bin), Belladonna Cove had like 170 sims at the start (attached 3 vacation, downtown and university hoods and 4 business hoods), and currently it had 246 sims since I have 4 active legacies. My game also loads faster than before since Maxis' ones are full of homeless junks. If you only play one family, you can extract their appearances with SimPE and BodyShop. Starting over with the cleaned neighborhoods and templates won't hurt at all
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 12:20 PM
Tarlia also fixed a number of other things too, such as Jessica Peterson's affair with "mystery sim" (she changed it to Carlos Contender), and broken face templates.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Starting over with the cleaned neighborhoods and templates won't hurt at all
Starting over will hurt if you've been playing the Maxis 'hood for 5 years, and are deeply emotionally involved with the lives and loves of the Sims who live there, including townies, ex-townies, CAS Sims and born-in-game Sims. I use Tarlia's 'hoods for Pleasantview, Strangetown and Bluewater, but I've been playing Maxis Veronaville since the day I first started up the game, and it's where I'm happiest. I briefly tried Tarlia's Veronaville, but, without the townies I found it dead. As for me, a major attraction of Veronaville is the CAS Sims I've been playing since Day 1 (Andrew and Gloria, who generously let me use their names as my user name here). Needless to say, a lot has happened over that time, and starting over would mean losing it all. I have considered starting over with Tarlia's version, and importing clones of all the CAS Sims and townies, and trying to put all the relationships, and at least some of the memories right, but doing so would be a major undertaking that could take years. gummilutt did much the same in her game a few years ago, and I admire her for it, and I may have to emulate her one day. But as long as I can play the Maxis original, I'll go on playing it. That includes going back to recent backups if the current version ever becomes unplayable. I appreciate what Tarlia has done, and use her cleaned 'hoods when I can, but for some of us long-haul players starting over is really not a viable option.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#12 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 12:30 PM
Oh right, I didn't know about Jessica Petterson since I never play a female Sims. One thing that is fixed I know is Timothy Riley because I got him tie a knot with Armand DeBateau. I used to be afraid to get him married in Maxis' one
Instructor
#13 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Starting over will hurt if you've been playing the Maxis 'hood for 5 years, and are deeply emotionally involved with the lives and loves of the Sims who live there, including townies, ex-townies, CAS Sims and born-in-game Sims. I use Tarlia's 'hoods for Pleasantview, Strangetown and Bluewater, but I've been playing Maxis Veronaville since the day I first started up the game, and it's where I'm happiest. I briefly tried Tarlia's Veronaville, but, without the townies I found it dead. As for me, a major attraction of Veronaville is the CAS Sims I've been playing since Day 1 (Andrew and Gloria, who generously let me use their names as my user name here). Needless to say, a lot has happened over that time, and starting over would mean losing it all. I have considered starting over with Tarlia's version, and importing clones of all the CAS Sims and townies, and trying to put all the relationships, and at least some of the memories right, but doing so would be a major undertaking that could take years. gummilutt did much the same in her game a few years ago, and I admire her for it, and I may have to emulate her one day. But as long as I can play the Maxis original, I'll go on playing it. That includes going back to recent backups if the current version ever becomes unplayable. I appreciate what Tarlia has done, and use her cleaned 'hoods when I can, but for some of us long-haul players starting over is really not a viable option.

I guess you misunderstood my point. And for the townies and other homeless junks, probably I'm in a minority who never likes Maxis' ones.
Theorist
#14 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
I guess you misunderstood my point. And for the townies and other homeless junks, probably I'm in a minority who never likes Maxis' ones.

You're not alone, I cna't stand the Maxis townies either (I like the premade families, but not the townies) I replaced the Pleasantview ones with my own custom set years ago.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:29 PM
One major fix in Belladona is the ancestor of Chastity Gere who was deleted. Major fix.

I always remember that because I was the playtester who had a kid born who showed up as Chastity's grandpa, which let Tarlia talk me through getting the number from that kid so she could fix the problem. That right there tells you Tarlia's level of dedication and patience in creating those!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I briefly tried Tarlia's Veronaville, but, without the townies I found it dead.

Actually, I use Tarlia's templates and have never had a problem with townies missing. They're all there as always - and I actually like them (when bred with my prettied up homemade templates and improved with good cc.) No prizes for taste I guess, but just so everyone knows, her templates don't delete the townies, and she's done a cleaned up version of the Kat and Kim families that is a MUST. I've never even seen the original Maxis Kims before she fixed them - and from what I've read about them, I definitely don't want to.
Theorist
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
just so everyone knows, her templates don't delete the townies

Correct, the only thing that happens is if you are using her Shopping District templates (so Pleasantview as a shopping district) then the Townies will get random names (not a bad thing, if you have an extended namelist installed, for example) The premades will still have their standard names, though. So if you attach Strangetown as a Shopping District Ophelia Nigmos, will still be Ophelia Nigmos, but Strangetown Bella Goth will get a random name.
Instructor
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:26 PM
I think Tarlia got rid of the townies and NPCs in Riverblossom Hill, Desiderata Valley and Belladonna Cove. Veronaville also doesn't have those. Only Pleasantview and Strangetown that still have them.