Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 4:10 PM
Default To CC creators, where's the Set GUID button on SimPE?
I'm new to object creation and wanted to make a new object in SimPE, but while I was setting them up and stuff I noticed the set GUID button is not there. I don't want my object to override the original Maxis mesh. Why is it there in the tutorials and not in mine?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamnotthewalrus
I'm new to object creation and wanted to make a new object in SimPE, but while I was setting them up and stuff I noticed the set GUID button is not there. I don't want my object to override the original Maxis mesh. Why is it there in the tutorials and not in mine?

We used to GET GUID from the SimPE site, but these days if people don't have one, they use a random hex generator to generate one and then just change the number and commit. You might look for discussion in this issue. I thought iCad had particularly useful info on generating random GUIDs.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 6:41 PM
Some information here about making GUIDs, how to claim a GUID block, and how to calculate your GUID block now when you can't do it the usual way: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638392
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 2:47 PM
It used to be 'get GUID' but since the website it links to doesn't exist I removed it.
Screenshots