Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2021 at 7:49 PM
Cc limit
Hi there, I dont know if anyone before posted this kind of topic. I winder what is the limit (amount) of CC? With ULTIMATE COLLECTION that is. I have Windows 10 with very good memory. Can you tell me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th May 2021 at 9:33 PM
The limit is how large your HDD is and however long you're prepared to wait for your game to load.

And also maybe my personal nemesis, the mysterious object mesh limit.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th May 2021 at 9:40 PM
Yeah, as mentioned, that is solely dependent on the size of your hard drive and how willing you are to wait for your game to load, which can vary depending on your computer specs. For example, my downloads folder is nearing 3GB and my game still takes just under 5 minutes to load.

You can have limitless amount of CAS CC, however, there is a limit to buy mode CC that I'm still not clear on, but I have heard that there is a limit. I may need to be corrected on that part, though.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2021 at 10:05 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 29th May 2021 at 10:53 PM.
Well...I am archiving BUY MODE/CC ITEMS/OBJECTS. Thats why I ask this. For now, I download them and save them on USB, so I can latter use them in the game (I dont want to risk losing them because of broken links or dead sites).
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2021 at 11:03 PM
The limit anecdotally seems to be about 10,000 objects with OBJD resources. So that includes object mods, objects with tokens, custom food, custom jobs as well as basic objects. Surprisingly, it doesn't include neighbourhood deco.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th May 2021 at 9:09 AM
If you go over the limit does stuff just not show up?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2021 at 12:18 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 30th May 2021 at 1:00 PM.
Some people experience crashes if they go over the assumed OBJD limit.

It only seems to affect items that have OBJDs (not sure if neighborhood deco has OBJDs?). Not sure with mods/tweaks, some object defaults, and other items that include modified OBJDs, but probably a good idea to assume they are until proven otherwise.

Regular CAS items and CAS defaults aren't affected by this limit.

Recolors of buy mode items shouldn't be affected, either (some build items might work differently than buy items, though).
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2021 at 12:47 PM
Well can't be over the limit yet then. XD I have no idea how much stuff I have though. *crosses fingers*