Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:00 PM
Default Anyone else notice this quirk?
I wouldn't exactly say my game is "busted".

Here's the situation: I have Sims bringing home people from work that you wouldn't expect.

For example, one time I was playing in Riverblossom Hills, and Gabe brought home his grandson with him from work--who was a child. I didn't mind much, because he and Alexandra had another daughter, and she got to play with her nephew.

Another time Gabe was bringing home Jacob Martin--who was in college.

Now I have Jacob bringing home the llama mascot!

I don't notice this in other neighborhoods, just this one. I'm scratching my head here. I figure it adds to the family friend count, but I just find it odd...and every time I restart this hood, eventually it happens.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:07 PM
Is this part of a megahood or the regular Riverblossom Hills? Do you use clean templates?
Inventor
#3 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:08 PM
Can't say I have.

My Sims usually bring someone home that is logical considdering school/work. Could be that the game works 'normal' or that I've got a hack installed that makes sure they don't bring home unlogical Sims.
Inventor
#4 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I wouldn't exactly say my game is "busted".

Here's the situation: I have Sims bringing home people from work that you wouldn't expect.

For example, one time I was playing in Riverblossom Hills, and Gabe brought home his grandson with him from work--who was a child. I didn't mind much, because he and Alexandra had another daughter, and she got to play with her nephew.

Another time Gabe was bringing home Jacob Martin--who was in college.

Now I have Jacob bringing home the llama mascot!

I don't notice this in other neighborhoods, just this one. I'm scratching my head here. I figure it adds to the family friend count, but I just find it odd...and every time I restart this hood, eventually it happens.

That is quite odd.

Is Jacob in the athletic career by chance? There is a level "team mascot" and the outfit is a llama costume. Which could explain that one at least.

kittens!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:49 PM
Huh, I thought I was the only one that has experienced this oddness, lol. I noticed this with a family in one of my nhoods where the wife came home with the paperboy and her brother came home with the social worker. I thought it weird but didn't think anything of it at the time until I read this thread. It has never happened in any of my other hoods which are mainly maxis hoods. So maybe the problem is because the hood is not a maxis hood in my case or something random altogether.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:50 PM
Nope, Jacob is in architecture.

I know it's a college llama mascot because 1) the team mascot uniform for the Athletic track shows the Sim's actual face and 2) I recognize the name of the mascot.

I don't even have a megahood. Is that where you have all neighborhoods together as sub-neighborhoods or something?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:15 PM
My sims also started occasionally bringing home strange coworkers, the maid, teens, the paperboy, young adults... I thought my game was glitched too, but reading a lot of sim-related blogs and journals, I saw it actually happens to many people. I just assumed it came with one of the last expansions, or possibly as a side effect of some widely used hack, as I use quite a lot of them myself. (I play regular maxis hoods and subhoods, and no custom templates.)
transmogrified
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:53 PM
I've never had it in any of my regular neighborhoods, just the megahood. And I expect megahoods to be glitchy because of the manipulations required to create them.

Maybe Lili's right and it's related to a particular mod. The megahood is the only neighborhood where I use ACR and inteen. (Otherwise, I use the same mods in all my neighborhoods.) Anyone else experiencing this problem without those mods in their game?
Inventor
#9 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 8:10 PM
I forgot that the mascot in the athletic career shows the face - it's been a while since I've had anyone in that career track.

kittens!
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Maybe Lili's right and it's related to a particular mod. The megahood is the only neighborhood where I use ACR and inteen. (Otherwise, I use the same mods in all my neighborhoods.) Anyone else experiencing this problem without those mods in their game?

I think it has something to do with InTeen. I only very recently installed that mod, and it was only after I installed it that I had a few instances of people bringing home children from work. I've been using ACR for...years now, and haven't seen this "problem" until I installed InTeen. I've never played a megahood or any of the Maxis 'hoods; all of mine are 'hoods that I build from scratch using clean templates.

It would sort of make sense that InTeen might do this, maybe, since it does change how the game "sees" ages to allow for teen pregnancy, yes?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Inventor
#11 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 9:26 PM
Well, I don't have the problem (at least not that I noticed) but I do have a megahood/ACR/Insim installed etc.

I do not have Inteen installed, though. So maybe that would indeed mean that InTeen is the culprit when it comes to it.
Scholar
#12 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 9:33 PM
I know I have a mod that makes them bring home co-workers that are at the same level in their jobs, in other words the chief of staff won't bring home an intern and vice versa. I've never had them bring home kids though and I don't use InTeen either.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 9:49 PM
I play a custom hood, no Maxis hoods, but no megahood, either. I don't have ACR, insim, or inteen, although I have a lot of other hacks. I've never had this happen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 12:33 PM
Actually, this has happened without any hacks or mods installed. Though right now I have a few of Paladin's mods in it. I don't have InTeeminater installed right now.
Instructor
#15 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 9:56 PM
Dustin Broke brought home Angela Pleasant when she was in college and he was still a teen. Not a clue how that happened.