Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 1:44 PM
Default A couple questions involving Plant Sims and Sub Hoods
I downloaded and have been playing the Megahood for a little bit now. I loaded up the Greenmans and have been playing them. This is my first time really playing Plant Sims, so naturally I have some questions. I did look through the article at the Sims 2 wiki page, so I'm not completely clueless.

First however, I have another questions that can probably be answered a lot easier. In the megahood, all the other neighborhoods are sub hoods in the shopping district. Basically, I want to move the Greenmans to strangetown, where in my game I am going to keep all the more stranger premade sims (yes, I am only playing maxis premades for the foundation of my megahood). When I selected the option to move the house with the family in it to the house, it told me I would lose all family relations. Is that true even if moving the house to a subhood? Or am I going to have to just move them out, then bin their house, then put the house in strange town and then move them back in, thus losing all their belongings? Or is it safe to just move them all together as one? I had heard that doing this could mess up your game, but I was under the impression that was for different neighborhoods.

And lastly, I know that you can cure plant sims by getting the potion, which I read on the wiki page. I kind of have a storyline going where Daisy wants to be a normal child. So, does the cure work on toddlers, or only adult plant sims? If it doesn't, is there any safe way to change her into a human girl? Also, do all spored plant sim babies look the same because of the Ideal Plantsim being their father? And is there any way to change the hair of a plant sim?

If anyone can help me with these questions I'd highly appreciate it. Any other information regarding plant sims that wasn't told n the wiki page and you think will help me in playing would be great too!

thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 2:21 PM
Don't move the house with the family in it to the bin, that will mess up the neighbourhood. You have to move them out of the house and then move the house empty if you want the house and the family in the sub hood. You can get the things to stay in the house if you get the staythings shrub. I don't remember where it's from, but I think it's from Simlogical.

Not all plantsims look excactly the same, but they are likely to end up looking the same eventually since they all get their genes from the same guy. To help with that you can get an ideal replacement, I've seen a few here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 2:33 PM
Thanks very much for the information. I had a feeling moving it like that will be a bad idea. I'll just move them into a new house. I've seen quite a few nice houses here for download that I have in mind. And I'm getting some replacements for the ideal plant sim.

Thanks again
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karrie85
And lastly, I know that you can cure plant sims by getting the potion, which I read on the wiki page. I kind of have a storyline going where Daisy wants to be a normal child. So, does the cure work on toddlers, or only adult plant sims?
Toddler plants ims can be cured This might help you

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Forum Resident
#5 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 4:04 PM
Plantsim toddlers can't -- normally -- drink the plantsim cure potion, but there's a mod here which states it can be used to cure toddlers.

The stay-things shrub is indeed Simlogical's, and can be found on this page.

Spawned plant sims aren't guaranteed to look exactly the same (just like with two non-plantsim sims there's no guarantee all their children will look the same, barring first-born syndrome), but there are a few single and multi-plantsim replacements available on this site. There's no way to change a plantsim's hair, although (again!) there is a mod to get rid of the leafy hair -- unfortunately, it chooses a random hair rather than allowing you to choose one.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Inventor
#6 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 6:17 PM
If you use the mod for the plant sim hair, you can use MATY's batbox to change the hair. Use the option to fix flashing blue.