Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#801 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 9:51 PM
A house from Nubian part of my Egyptian 'hood.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#802 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 4:48 PM
An old trailer park build of mine after fixing and upgrading it in WC show in buy mode.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#803 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 6:58 PM
Trailer apartments. It doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Screenshots
Test Subject
#804 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 7:41 PM Last edited by 48y24rd : 21st Jul 2020 at 9:11 PM. Reason: Adding a bit of info
Here's my version of Tranquility Falls from the PS2 version of The Sims 2. It has come to my attention that there aren't many remake of ps2 lots from TS2. Because of this reason, I've finally done some of it. After counting the tiles, walls, and object placements of the lot, I've finally managed to build this lot. And here's my take on the lot. (These pictures came from my personal blog, www.adontknow.blogspot.com)

Field Researcher
#805 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 48y24rd
Here's my version of Tranquility Falls from the PS2 version of The Sims 2. It has come to my attention that there aren't many remake of ps2 lots from TS2. Because of this reason, I've finally done some of it. After counting the tiles, walls, and object placements of the lot, I've finally managed to build this lot. And here's my take on the lot.

What a beautiful work in the house and the images @48y24rd, loves it, I just paid a visit to your blog and saw all other pics, they rocks.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Field Researcher
#806 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 6:24 PM
After a huge amount of years without doing it, I'm playing with a new residential lot, by now I just started to set its outdoors, giving them a subtle Asian touch, when I get comfortable with them I'll start to build the house.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Field Researcher
#807 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 6:52 AM Last edited by jain : 30th Jul 2020 at 7:38 AM.
I've been working on a harbor in an upscale beach community for a long time and decided to try to use @Honeywell's lot imposter lights . I love them but they've turned out to be really difficult to manage. Every time I load the neighborhood I have to tinker with the lots to turn all of the lights on and even then sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I wish I knew what I'm doing wrong. I've tried entering both commercial and residential lots, making minor changes, saving them and going back to the neighborhood. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

These are pics taken from inside a lot but the neighborhood view looks the same. (The lot itself is just something I'm using for shots so it's not much to look at.) Here is an overview.

Here's an example of how a lot works when the light turns on. See the lot to the far left.

And here's an example when the light doesn't turn on. Same lot on the far left as above.

Whether they all work or not, they're still beautiful.
Theorist
#808 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 9:35 PM
Wow, that looks amazing! :lovestruc

I reached out to Chris Hatch to pick his brain when I was making these and we weren't able to come up with anything. I wish there was a way to control the way the lot imposters render but I don't believe there is anything we can do--the best results I've had "turning on the lights" is to enter an unoccupied lot (with the lights), saving and exiting.
Field Researcher
#809 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 12:35 AM Last edited by jotaerre : 31st Jul 2020 at 4:57 AM.
@jain awesome work!!! loves how looks the lot and also all the pics you did of it, 2 thumbs up, also for @Honeywell for these wonderful imposter lights, so sad I'm not able to use them, as being a "base game only" user, I have not views of the hood from my lots.

And talking about lots, finally I did the house for the lot in my previous post. (and I didn't like it)

I didn't like the house, but at least it was useful to play again with some pieces of my (recovered) old own homemade content, like the thorii, chouchin lantern, tatami mats and paintings.

A night view:

And my living room:

Already spent the limit of pics allowed by MTS rules for a single picture's post.

....つづく

Field Researcher
#810 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Wow, that looks amazing! :lovestruc

I reached out to Chris Hatch to pick his brain when I was making these and we weren't able to come up with anything. I wish there was a way to control the way the lot imposters render but I don't believe there is anything we can do--the best results I've had "turning on the lights" is to enter an unoccupied lot (with the lights), saving and exiting.
Thank you so much for these gorgeous lights. They're worth every second spent fiddling with them! Most of the time they all turn on without any problems at all and it makes an incredible difference in the way the neighborhood looks. Thank you again - it's reassuring to know I'm not messing up somehow.
Link Ninja
#811 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 2:45 AM
oooh your little marina area looks so cute and cozy @jain - another great design for South Beach I presume?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#812 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
oooh your little marina area looks so cute and cozy @jain - another great design for South Beach I presume?
Yes it is, thank you! I'm going to keep trying.
Field Researcher
#813 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 1:21 AM
I'm not sure how to categorize this one. It's a lot with landscaping. And a little more.

HUGE thanks to esotheria-sims and fractured moonlight for the fabulous dragon!
Lab Assistant
#814 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 12:44 AM
The Peck's have had a lot of life changes in the past year. They finally were able to afford their massive dream home, one they built with the future expansion of their family in mind. Speaking of, after officially moving into their home, they quickly began fulfilling that other dream of theirs and welcomed a daughter into their life.

Field Researcher
#815 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 1:09 AM
Awesome lots and pictures @jain and @deadhead_kay
Deadhead_kay, I love the layout and decoration you gave to the house, above all, I loved that kid's room, highlighting the beautiful tepee bed. :lovestruc

In this lost lot, (I'm still looking for it into several backup disks) my shrine on the hill, is the roof I should have make for my lot in the previous post, but it needs CFE and could be really tedious to work it, I did a lazy choice, my fault.

....つづく

Lab Assistant
#816 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 7:23 PM
I saw this set and I just had to make a fairy forest. (fae forest/magic forest? I dunno, I'm not familiar with the lore, I just wanted to make it look pretty) It's a bit difficult to take pictures of it but I think it turned out great.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#817 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 6:08 PM
@Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat I'm in awe, loves what you did with the landscape and its pics, great work!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#818 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 9:14 PM
Ooh, magical! @Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat  :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#819 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 6:42 PM
Thank you so much! My neighborhood didn't have a properly secluded area and a magical forest seemed like a perfect oportunity. I tried to take a picture from above, but

you can't really see much. It's a freaking jungle.

Neighborhood view:

One of my sims trying to catch a fairy:

Spoiler: he failed.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#820 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 3:34 AM
Shrine on the hill
@Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat thank you for sharing more pics of your beautiful lot and hood, I could not find my old "Shrine on the hill" but I decided to build it again based in the pic on my previous post and the memories I have of it.

2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, living room and kitchen/dining room combo, I think it looks pretty comfortable for a young couple or a lonely monk.
....つづく (または継続しない)

Field Researcher
#821 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 5:47 AM
Lately I've been playing with the idea of a desert themed community lot, more as a sort of "photo spot" for my sims than another thing, looking for a park with climbable dunes, I've put hands to work starting with the sand texture and this is what I got.

Besides some outdoors amenities, I added a couple of small buildings, one with a combo store, clothing in the first floor and groceries & other stuff upstairs, and the other (not pictured here) for bladder relief of my sims. (and other visitors)

after that, I did a test shot of my dunes and I regretted not having started with a bigger lot template.

I missing some camels or even better a sandworm as it would be more consistent with the name I gave to the lot: Dunes of Arrakis. :D

Mad Poster
#822 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 8:48 AM
A while ago I was playing one of my rich Sims, and for her storyline I wanted her to get together with many of the other influential people in the hood, in a swanky fundraiser-type situation. I spent a few hours going over all the Sims I wanted to come, setting them up with gorgeous formal attire, only to then discover I had nowhere to hold this thing. I thought the mayors lot had like a dance-hall type thing but it didn't, and it was sort of cramped. Then thought the official state building, but nope more office-type space. So I headed to MTS to find a banquet hall type thing, and found a whole lot of nothing which really surprised me. I didn't really feel like building at the time so I sort of scrapped my plans, but I mentioned it to my buddy Goldenbtrfly and like the sweetheart she is, she saw an empty big building type lot on a blog that she thought might fit, and she sent it to me. And the lot she sent gave me an idea of how I wanted it to look, and what I wanted. That lot wasn't quite right, because there was no landscaping and I hate landscaping, but once I had a clear vision of what I wanted, the rest was easy.

I ended up using Marbury Manor by @joandsarah and I thought she might find it fun to see what I did with it so hope you like it Jo

I really liked her landscaping, which was why I decided to use her lot for this. The front is really pretty, and had just the feel I was going for, and I thought her backyard-patio eating area was really cute, and totally suitable for what I wanted. I changed the wallpaper on the exterior because the one she had was giving me weird issues with the sun (not her fault, just my game and graphics card being sucky) and I converted the swimming pool to more of a decorative pool, and I changed the roofing on the patio to greenhouse roof because I liked the idea of the guests dining in sunlight. I also added some statues for the guests to admire. The juice keg doesn't quite fit in because it's more college party than fancy banquet, but rich people do like their alcohol so I decided to overlook it.

For the interior of the mansion, I used the cleaninstaller option that lets you remove all the furnishings, and then removed walls and floors myself. I kept the ceiling Jo had chosen because I think it fit this lot great, and I took inspiration from flooring she'd chosen in one of the bathrooms, but the rest is all new. I wanted something really airy, almost like a museum-type vibe, and just a few key things for people to do, with lots of area for Sims to stand around talking, mingling and making connections. So the idea I had was to take a 2-story mansion, but really only have one floor. I wanted the sweeping M&G staircase, but high ceilings for the chandeliers, so for the upper floor I just have a balcony wrapping around the edges, where people can stand and talk and look out over the swanky partying going on below, and of course paintings for them to admire if that takes their fancy. On the ground floor I had to have bars, because alcohol, and a grand piano and violin for some classical music to set the ambiance, and I decided to throw in a microphone too for poetry readings. Of course there has to be a poker table for some high stake games of poker, and a pool table felt needed as well. And then just finishing it off with a couple of sofas. Not 100% pleased with the placement of them and I think I may change that around, but I wanted somewhere Sims could sit and talk.

All in all I am really pleased with how it came out, and I can't wait to take my Sims there for some serious fundraiser bizniz

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#823 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 4:00 PM
Awesome house @gummilutt with lots of space and exquisitely furnished, but it may cost a huge fortune for sims to get it.

Mad Poster
#824 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 1:22 PM
Upside of community lots, don't cost anything unless you buy it

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#825 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 4:33 PM
Default Above Ground Pools

Successfully figured out how to build Above Ground Pools! Made a tutorial video for anyone interested. :-) You can find it HERE.
Screenshots
Page 33 of 39