Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 6:49 AM
Default African American Baby from caciasin (sp?) husband and Plant Sim?
Is the genetics random when the Plant Sim becomes pregnant the "normal" way? Because I was VERY surprised when my Plant Sim had a very dark baby, when I thought the husband had some sort of genetic imput. Rodney Gold is a cutie, but just looks so funny when with the very pale father (I'll post a pic once I figure out how to get the pictures off of my sims game and on here).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 6:57 AM
Did the plantsim previously have dark skin before becoming a plantsim?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 7:09 AM
It was one of the spores from another plantsim, which is the original Maxis Plantsim. And it's the darkest shade, which is strange because the father's super paleness should have made him a little paler.
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 8:52 AM
Are there any custom skin tones involved?

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 10:46 AM
The plantsim from the seasons neighborhood has the darkest skin, you can see that when you buy the potion and change her back. This skin is what I expect her plantbabies would inherit, although I don't know what genetics the IdealPlantsim (the "father" of all plantbabies) has and how they mix.

Parents with the darkest and palest skin having a baby isn't exactly like mixing coffee and milk. The child can get the mother's or the father's skin, or a shade in between. A baby with the darkest skin shouldn't be a surprise then.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 3:40 AM
Thanks Arathea, I didn't know that
With the Rose and Jason Greenman baby I had, their baby was a touch darker, but not by an extreme amount, so I thought it would be similar for Daisy and her beau :P
I'm glad to know that the genetics aren't completely random though
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 6:15 AM
"ebec17" I want to just add my little two cent of words, a child can have a skin tone of one parent or anywhere in between. For instance, let call the skin tones S1 S2 S3 and S4 S1 being the lightest and S4 being the darkest. Skin tones are not dominant or recessive it can be just a roll of the dice. But if there is parent history it works the same way as eyes, and hair, the child will take one skin tone from the parent and carries one.

Which sometime may mean that the lightest skin tone sims could go for generations of having lightest skin toned children and then "all of a sudden", the darkest skin tone could pop up and the two lightest skin toned parents can have a darkest skin toned baby and vise versa. I read this a very long time ago in a Sims prima official game guide book. Ok I better get back to my "Science class" ( Joking )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".