Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 12:06 PM
Default Content/recolors disappeared.
Silly me, I should have known to install all the eps in the correct order, or Eaxis would punish me. I finally gave in and bought Seasons. Backed up my custom 'hood in SimPE. Installed. Flashing blue stuff everywhere. OK, downloaded patch (whatever happened to patches being in subsequent eps, eh?)

Almost everything is back. But there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what's missing. In wallpapers, but not tile, the CC is at the end instead of the beginning. Resistall recolors are missing, but recolors of other things that need the CEP are still there. I have too many downloads to tell exactly what else is wonky, and I have most (but not all) in a separate file, so I could try copying them into the game, but what a pain!

Today I'm going to try reinstalling the CEP to see if that helps any, but it's irritating that putting in an ep can make things mess up so much. I should have expected it, but come on, Maxis!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:31 AM
It seems like I had a similar problem when SecuROM tried to destroy my computer.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:03 PM
I haven't disabled it. . .probably should. I re-downloaded the CEP and reinstalled it, and now only one thing is missing - a cheap bed that had +10 Energy. And of course I don't remember the name or where I got it. And of course, in the houses where I placed it, sims sleep on it floating midair and it can't be deleted in Buy Mode, but I can't put anything else where the bed "is". I've had it for ages, it's in one download backup somewhere in My Documents.

Oh, and now the custom wallpapers are sandwiched in the middle of the Maxis ones. Just the wallpapers. It's not something I need to fix, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place, right?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amtram
I haven't disabled it. . .probably should. I re-downloaded the CEP and reinstalled it, and now only one thing is missing - a cheap bed that had +10 Energy. And of course I don't remember the name or where I got it. And of course, in the houses where I placed it, sims sleep on it floating midair and it can't be deleted in Buy Mode, but I can't put anything else where the bed "is". I've had it for ages, it's in one download backup somewhere in My Documents.

Oh, and now the custom wallpapers are sandwiched in the middle of the Maxis ones. Just the wallpapers. It's not something I need to fix, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place, right?
I have the same problem with the wallpapers. They are all the way in the middle of maxis ones ._.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:54 PM
Had the exact same issue with my wallpaper and some of my wall furnishings. Wallpapers are in the middle, some of my wall furnishings were at the end of the catalog. Restarted the game and wallpaper's where it is, but my wall furnishings are where they should be. If I have anything missing, I haven't noticed yet.

If there's a lot of people here complaining about it, sounds like a Seasons glitch.
Patching doesn't work?
Theorist
#6 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:05 PM
You mean have to have had installed the expansion packs in the order in which they were released? All the patches are here, btw:

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/index.php

I have gone through all 190 pages of celebrity sims for TS2. If there is a problem then I just might consider reinstalling everything in the right order. But what a hassle!
Inventor
#7 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:39 PM
No, it doesn't matter which order they are installed in.

My custom wallpapers all moved to the middle of the catalog when I installed Seasons too. It's a bit of a nuisance but I've gotten used to it. Every once in a while, a few strays will make their way to the back of the catalog but most of them are together in the middle. I do wish there was a way to resort that catalog.

Oh, actually,I suppose collection folders would be useful for that.

kittens!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:25 AM
Each time I added an EP, I had to go back and enable custom content, as I did when I first got the game. Try it...couldn't hurt.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:36 AM
Yeah, I enabled custom content (Duh. Of course I don't want my custom content to work, I just downloaded it all so I could look at the pretty filenames in my Downloads folder, EA. . .) Uninstalling and reinstalling the CEP took care of the invisible bed and the rest of the flashy blue stuff (I figured it would take care of the flashy blue stuff, but the invisible bed was more of a mystery.) The custom wallpapers are still in the middle of the rest, but since that happened to wickedblue as well, it's probably a Seasons thing.

The other thing that happened after installing Seasons was that my community lots stopped stalling for as much as five minutes every time a witch came to the lot. I hadn't thought that it was a problem with missing the ep that had the weather animations, but some other bug with picking just that up in AL. Now when the witches arrive, I have only a few seconds of freezing. One of these days I'll remember to get them banned from all my community lots entirely. . .
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:24 AM
I'm not sure if this is related to the Seasons glitch, but since it resembles my current problem, I thought I'd post my question here. Currently playing four young males at college. Decided to have them go to the Campus Coffee House and noticed something peculiar...the "Impresso Espress-o-Matic" object wasn't where it was "supposed" to be -- there was just two counters on either side and a big blank space in between them. After getting some advice on another forum, I tried taking out the custom career and major I'd made for my Sim boys, checked the game again, and still no object. I tried talking out some of the most recent CC I've downloaded, checked the game, and still, the object wasn't there. I even uninstalled Uni (after backing up my files of course) and then re-installed it, and the object STILL isn't there! I'm absolutely puzzled as to *why* that particular object decided to disappear, and for the life of me, I can't pinpoint just when the disappearance could have happened, as I only started playing the Sims 2 again after a brief hiatus. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

If it helps, I own The Sims 2, Nightlife, University, Seasons, Pets, FFS, GLS, CS, and the Best of Business Collection which includes OFB, HM Style Stuff and Kitchen Bath Stuff.