Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:02 PM
Default Need help with seasons
it's not a problem with the game per say it's just I was reading your gardening guide and it keeps mentioning a catalog. my game didn't come with a catalog at all so I don't know what to do here is there another way to get flowers and plants for seasons? EA Games? a website? phone number? can someone here with seasons scan the catalog and send me a copy?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:07 PM
The "catalog" is simply buy/build mode, on the bottom blue panel thing. The same place where you buy chairs and wallpaper and whatnot for your sims. It's not a real-life catalog.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:10 PM
I just need a copy of the catalog please. I just moved so it could just be lost in the boxes but I have checked every box still here and no catalog. I found other things I was looking for. So please. I just want a copy of the catalog. If you are being so unhelpful due to cost I will be happy to pay if you just give me your contact info. if it's a time thing I can put off messing with sims until you or whoever are free to get the copy done and sent to me. Just let me know.
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:17 PM
Like I said, it's not a real-life catalog. It can't be in the box because it's not a real, physical thing like the manual or game box or disks. It's part of the game. You know in the game, the place you go to buy light fixtures or a bed or change the wallpaper for your sims? That's what people mean when they say "catalog" - the selection, in the game, of items available to buy. Nobody needs to send you anything, because you already have it.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:19 PM
Look I don't know why you are refusing to help. Do you just not think girls should sim? I am still looking for the catalog however it may have been lost. I do NOT have it I've looked everywhere. Only thing I can do is call my folks who helped me move and see if they know what happened but they are unreachable at the time. So it would be easier for someone to scan theirs and send it. Or tell me where I can get a new one.
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:28 PM
Do you know how to change the wallpaper in your sims' homes? Go into that area of the game, like you're going to repaint the walls. Once you're in there, you're browsing the catalog. That is what people mean when they say the "catalog." It's not a real life physical item you can hold in your hands. It's a virtual catalog that is integrated into the game, and has everything from buy mode and build mode in the "catalog" there.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:29 PM
Look theres no need to be sarcastic. I did NOTHING to you. I don't know if you just hate girls or you think since we lack the parts you men have we're too "stupid" to game or what but get over it!

I want a copy of the catalog because I can't find mine. I don't even remember one coming with the box unless what you really mean is the game guide and I missed what I need to use when I just glanced over it before the move.
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:38 PM
I'm being completely serious, not sarcastic in the least, and this has nothing to do with gender. Besides, I'm a girl too.

I'm not talking about anything you can hold in your hands, or could have lost in moving. As long as you can run the game and open build or buy mode, you'll be in the catalog.

http://www.google.nl/url?source=img...9dw8jPFgR8TX1Pg

See on the left, the little blue menu? See how there's five icons sort of around it? The first looks like two little people. That's live mode, how you play the game. The second looks like a chair and a lamp. That's buy mode. The third looks like a saw and paint roller. That's build mode. The last two look like a book (story mode) and three little dots, like ... (options).

Build mode and buy mode together are the "catalog" and if you click on them in the game, you'll be in the catalog. Nobody can send you the catalog because you already have it in your game. You just need to go in there and look around. The part of the catalog you're looking for, to buy the plants and stuff is in build mode, in the garden center - in the picture shown, you'd click on build mode (the saw/paint roller) and then on garden center (the watering can).

Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:40 PM
These screenshots show the in-game catalog, which is what the gardening guide refers to. If you click on the Build Mode icon (red arrow in the first picture) and then on the Garden Centre (other red arrow in the first picture) you'll get a screen that looks like the second picture. Click on the bit called Gardening (right arrow in the second picture) and you'll find the special trees and objects which came with Seasons - the ones that let you grow your own fruit and veg and stuff.

There is no actual catalog of the kind made of paper which you can hold in your hands. This is what they mean - it's in your game!

***EDIT*** Ninja'd by HP :-)
Forum Resident
#10 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:45 PM
I hope HystericalParoxysm managed to help you understand.

There's no catalogue you can buy at the store or scan onto the computer. There's no such thing. What you're looking for is actually in the game. It's the build and buy mode which HystericalParoxysm showed you in the picture. That's the catalogue. You can just browse through it and get the stuff you need for your sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:48 PM
Look since it's too much for you to help me. (legal worries with making a copy or scan of the catalog maybe?) I'm just going to reread the guide. you're talking to someone who had to read the guide for pets six times last night before she felt confidant enough to add one to her sim family. Yeah I got pets too. I got spoiled rotten by my aunt who heard I wanted to try sims 2 and went and gave me her daughter yes DAUGHTER's sims collection she only played a few times before deciding she didn't like it as much as she liked a different game. So they work i'm installing them as I go. the ones I don't like or can't get the hang of are going to my parents for my siblings to grow into.

And yes it took me awhile to figure out how to do create a family. While I did manage to download and install my first custom lot awhile ago it was because my neighbor who is a complete sims 2 fan/geek/whatever heard me cussing through the open window and came to see what happened lol
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:56 PM
Just follow lauratje86's very helpful pictures with big red arrows listed above. Everyone's trying very hard to help you, and have given you lots of guidance and pictures. Nobody can scan anything because it's rather impossible (unless they hold their monitor up to a scanner... which I don't think would work... the screenshots with arrows are a lot better!), but they -have- shown you exactly how to get to what you need in the game.

Just click on the things shown in those pictures above, with your game open, and you'll find the things you need in the in-game catalog. I'm sure you can figure it out if ya just give it a try - open your game, look at the pictures we've given you, and click the right things. Easy!

Good luck, and happy simming!
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Answered. :)