Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 6:45 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:12 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Felicity Island Reimagined
If you go to my profile and hit "search for all posts," last few of them would probably all be something about Felicity Island from The Sims Castaway Stories.

Around August, I started working on an exact copy of Felicity Island in The Sims 2, but I scrapped that project quickly after. It turns out that the geometry of lot terrain is something that I just couldn't handle, and the gigantic sizes of everything (lots, neighborhoods) in TSCS made it look really bad when they were "shrinked to fit" templates that TS2 can read.

So, for the past month, I gave it another shot. This time, I tried to build Felicity Island the way I imagined it. My version has quite a bit of villages out there: Highlands, Grasslands, Valley Village, Outlands and Friendly Village South. All of those names are actually found in Wanmami and Felicity neighborhood .package files. It was supposed to be an even greater island with many villages and ten times more huts, compared to what shipped with the game. (Six inhabited res lots only, really EA?)

I am sooo tempted to write all I can write about all of the above villages, but alas, I won't. Reasons to that are that this is a picture thread, and none of those villages have been built yet.

However, Friendly Village South is around 3/4 finished. There was this thread on the Discussion board about planning neighborhoods, where I posted about this project. Later in the thread, Prah said he'd like to see some of the pictures, and a few people gave their votes on the post. So, here's what it is:

These are the aerial shots of Friendly Village South (I still haven't come up with a name good enough, so this one does it):

And these are a couple of shots of the Village Residence. (As you can tell by the pictures, I really miss the beaches from Castaway Stories.)

For the village, those "darkened rectangles" are blank lots. Most of those will be residental. And after building those, I'll add a few of those decorative nhood deco huts around, and a bunch of trees to emphasise that it's been built at the edge of a big jungle.

That's it for now. If I find more time, perhaps I'll snap pictures of few other lots, I believe there's now around nine of them. (I did! Look for posts below.)

Thanks for stopping by.

Links to other pictures in this thread:
Village Harbor, Village Market and Hullaba Luau
Friendly Village South, completed
The Temple of Tuzu
The Hot Springs
Common Grounds of the Highlands
Swaying Palms Luau
Saltwater Pools
The Jungle Quart
Sunny Residence

(Exotic Destination)
Lucky Tides Resort
Aerial Shots of the Voyage Version
Swaying Palms & Sunset Shallows
Swaying Palms Resort

It's also available for download, both the neighborhood and vacation destination version, in case you reeeally like the island.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 10:33 PM
how did you put the lots down without a road?
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 9:00 PM
It's a bit complicated to explain.

PS Thanks so much to all of you who hit the love button on my first post.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 8:35 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:18 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Village Harbor, Village Market and Hullaba Luau
This is the Harbor. I found this "dried up river bed," whatever it was, from Castaway Stories interesting, so I transferred it over. Sadly, I couldn't recreate the café from TSCS, because TS2 doesn't allow building foundations, fences or walls on beach area, so I had to go with the columns & roof.

Another shot of the same lot, this time with camera moved a bit more in-land:

Just next to the Harbor there's the Village Market. It's quite a big lot, and I somehow lost the pictures of it and was too lazy to re-take them, so here's the only picture I managed to preserve/not delete on accident: the bridge stretching across the deep dead river bed, featuring public kitchen & food stands.

And, a photo of the limbo pole at the Hullaba Luau. The lot usually gets very crowded during the Volcano Festival, when Sims from neighboring villages come around and party all night at the luau (and sleep all day at their relatives' huts).

Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 29th Nov 2015 at 2:57 PM.
I recreated Felicity Island once. It was meant to be uploaded in July but then, I did something which corrupted the entire neighborhood. (I still don't have the motivation to rebuild it from scratch again.)
It ought to be base game compatible and it wouldn't require any CCs.
Look at this post and this post for pictures.

But it's GONE now!
I'm glad someone's recreating Felicity Island now. Keep up the good work and make back-ups regularily. Don't make the same mistake I made some time ago.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 8:35 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:19 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Friendly Village South, completed
That's A LOT of green. An aerial shot of Friendly Village South, with only one hut left to build!

So sorry to hear that, Jawusa. I have yet to decide whether I'll be sharing this neighborhood, and if so, whether I'll be including Sims with it. From the looks of it, if I decide to include Sims, those will be extracted clones from TSCS. I won't be including any custom Sims; I have this story going on here, but it's too personal/requires a lot of redoing before posting.
Screenshots
Theorist
#7 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 12:08 AM
You're doing a great job on this...it looks beautiful.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
I have yet to decide whether I'll be sharing this neighborhood, and if so, whether I'll be including Sims with it.

I would love to have this neighbourhood in my game, especially without any sims. It looks amazing! :-)
Trainee Moderator
#9 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 6:11 PM
@DJ. Some of the sims have corrupted face templates. I have fixed their face templates and I still have copies of them. I could upload them if you want to use my fixed sims.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 11:07 AM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:21 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default The Temple of Tuzu
I've finished building the almighty Temple of Tuzu. Here it is, situated deep in the jungle of Felicity Island.

Nobody alive has ever entered this temple. It is guarded by tall doors that have been thought to be impossible to break down. The key to the temple is nowhere to be found, but the adventurous locals surmise that it might be hidden in one of the baskets of the deceased villagers at the Forbidden Village. (As much as they'd like to enter the temple, they do not dare to mess around with the dead.)

Assumptions on what's hidden in the temple have been passed down through generations: some say there's a big golden chalice holding a juice that is able to bring back youth to the oldest of men; others say that it rains from the ceiling but the ground never gets wet, while certain rejoice thinking about all the treasures that must be hidden in there.
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:13 AM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:23 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default The Hot Springs
Here's my (currently unnamed) playtest Sim in a copy of Felicity Island, trying out if the hot springs are in working order:

Hot Springs are just a few hours' walk down the shore or through the woods from Friendly Village South. It's a lovely place with numerous springs, a few saunas, a couple of massage tables and tubs for mud baths. (Mud baths won't be included in the bundle, use your imagination.)

And, if you climb up to the neighboring hill/mountain, before you reach the Highlands, you can get a beautiful vista of the ocean, the skyline, and the South Village huts peeking through the thick jungle trees.

Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 6:49 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:31 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Common Grounds of the Highlands
Common Grounds of the Highlands, as seen from the above.

It's a central lot of the village situated between four larger, high-capacity huts (which I haven't built yet, except for the northern one). Instead of finding a park on one lot, a place to stay the night on other lot, and a market to buy food on the other side of the village, the Highlands combine all these services and areas into a single lot. And it's got a sweet small makeshift fountain right at the center.

Theorist
#13 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 7:30 PM
The attention to detail is fantastic! I love everything you've done thus far.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 4:04 PM
I love it all. The detail and the ambiance is wonderful. When does my ticket arrive?
Trainee Moderator
#15 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 9:32 PM
It looks beautiful. Are you also going to convert it into a Tropical Vacation subhood? It would be a great vacation destination.

My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 2:04 PM
Thanks so much, guys!

I will. The only things worth mentioning are that the BV version will have hotel rooms instead of apartment suites; and in case tour guides/vacation mechanism doesn't work without phone booths, those will be added to the lots too. (Along with dirt roads for vacation shuttles, though I'd still recommend the "walk to lot" instead of taking a taxi to travel to a lot on the island.)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#17 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:33 PM
@DJ. Please remember that MTS allow four inline images, the rest need to go under a spoiler please!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 9:20 AM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:32 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Whoopsie!, thanks for telling me.

BTW, I am barfing rainbows right now. Using our late Mootilda's Lot Adjuster, I managed to build a functioning deck over the beach area at the Village Harbor. Tutorial on how to do it can be found here.

*insert a its so beautiful gif here*
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#19 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 11:00 AM
@DJ. Have you already started adding the sims to Felicity Island?
Oh, and which sky replacement did you use in the background?

By the way, the sea (or ocean?) looks great! It reminds me of the beautiful water in CS. You managed to get it as beautiful as in CS.

My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 11:36 AM
I'm still in the process of building lots (and discovering how to improve them!). Sims that you see here are just testers I use to check if the objects on a lot are accessible, if a CC object is functional etc.

Sky "replacement" I used is the neighborhood object I found here (#8 Summer Morning). I edited the texture to remove horizons from the sphere.

xxxxxxx
Trainee Moderator
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:48 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 22nd Jan 2016 at 5:35 PM.
Okay. Let me know when you're finished in building the lots, so I can upload the fixed clones of the CS sims. Do you also want me to extract the Wanmami Island sims, too?

As for your ocean floor issue, I've posted a solution in your other thread.

My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 9:26 AM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:39 PM. Reason: fix pic links
I've found an old archive burried deep in my HD, containing extracted Sims (with borked faces) from both islands. Not counting the castaway Sims, Felicity Island counts up to 65 natives, and Wanmami Island adds 40 natives.

I think it's pretty reasonable if we stick to the 65 Sims from Felicity Island, then. The hood is pretty big with many residental lots, but I think importing over a hundred Sims is a tad bit too much, especially with no particular story for anyone (except for Heimata, Manave, and few other families).

(It's going to take me a bit longer to finish the unhabited version first, though.)

Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 9:23 PM
If you place many starter houses, and also many empty lots, then I don't think it will be a problem to play in a roadless neighborhood. The way EA shipped their CS neighborhood is bad but your neighborhood seems to hold many lots.

My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 10:04 AM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:42 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Bringing the words "Sims, Castaway" to a whole new (terrain) level.

Island lots!

With the method I used for creating island lots, it's also possible to create a lot very similar to the Castaway Stories Village Residence.

Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#25 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 12:13 PM
This is awesome! Thank you very much for being such a great neighborhood builder! I can't wait to play in your neighborhood.

My Simblr
Page 1 of 2