Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 9:49 PM
I've been playing the legacy challenge for actual points. It's kind of fun--I'm working on one kid who's supposed to get all his skills maxed by the time he turns teenager (among other things), and somewhere along the line I'm going to get an alien-zombie-vampire-plantsim-witch. And getting two social bunnies to have romantic interactions with each other should be an interesting trick! It's not a hard challenge by any means, but there are plenty of things to do.

"Demons were like genies or philosophy professors — if you didn't word things exactly right, they delighted in giving you absolutely accurate and completely misleading answers."
--Terry Pratchett
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 12:16 AM
I've always wanted to play a legacy challenge but I'm not very good at timelines and such, or keeping things in period. So I go way back, before even medieval times, to dawn of man scenarios, or Native Sims. They fish, since I have Seasons and there is no hunt option, and eventually learn to cultivate food. I use inTeen to allow adult/teen romance, and have the special wedding arch to allow multiple wives, or, if I wanted, husbands. That's good for other game scenarios, too of course. I always make sure lot jealousy is turned off in such cases; I don't want my sims hating each other.

Too bad sims don't get jealous on a case by case basis-either they do or they don't.
Scholar
#128 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 4:56 PM
This is really great! I want a alien-zombie-vampire-plantsim-witch now (I wonder what it looks like?)
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 2:43 PM
Whenever I get bored with my game, I just come to this site and get inspiration by looking at houses others have built or reading what others might be doing with their sims in order to get a few ideas on what to do with mine. It's really helpful. Especially when I get into a house-building mood.
Test Subject
#130 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 4:17 PM
I feel bad for destroying my sims lives with affiars and unplanned deaths, which makes it very boring to play. So I let them have a full life of prefect childhood, ace uni and reach the top of there career, and then things can get interesting.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 8:38 PM
The thing is:i tryed the most of this(i'm playing the sims for 7 years,including sims 1 and 3)
Scholar
#132 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 8:53 PM
When I get really bored, I make completely random sims just for fun and never play them. I just take pictures of them and that's it. I have dozens of almost-empty lots with random sims in them in a completely useless neighborhood. Actually, I haven't actually led Sims' lives at all for about a month.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Scholar
#133 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:58 AM
I switch up building and playing, and hoods. One day I'll build some more residences in my Pleasantview legacy and play a few families, another day I'll switch to my custom hood and do the same. I'll start challenges and leave them for another day. It keeps it from becoming the same old thing.
Field Researcher
#134 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 10:42 AM
When I had the sims 2 installed, I had so much fun even without having any other expansion pack, ofcourse then the disc broke so I got double deluxe and had even more fun. I kept my game interesting because I always came up with new storylines for my characters and sims, got them new clothing,hairstyles and other downloads. Just created love triangles and various other storylines like that to follow. Miss my sims so much unfortunately my computer would die if I put it back on.

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 3:23 AM
For some reason I decided Strangetown needed to be revamped into something out of the sixties and seventies, so I have been rebuilding everything to look like midcentury modern and bungalow type houses and community lots. I'm abotu halfway done with the neighborhood and it's starting to look kind of cool.

I do a lot of the baby challenges(like raising as many kids as possible) which is odd for me since I hate dealing with toddlers(oh how this mirrors my real life). I make a very attractive couple in CAS, have them make a boatload of kids and then repopulate the neighborhood with the new sims. they created.
Sockpuppet
#136 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 12:27 AM
In my case, I've got a lot of things to do.

I put anything directly in my download folder, it include global object mods so my game is unstable so since the begin of the year I classify all the custom content.

8550 files done and 8793 files left, I did about the half of them.
I removed old ugly stuff, keep on downloading new stuff and customize some custom content.

After that, I will merge the different generations of sims into the same totally customize neighborhood.
I've got 267 sims that I want to import with their personality and their relationship.
I'm more a SimCity player then I want to control the city from the mayor to the citizens and manage the whole neighborhood.

I spent too much time to search good stuff, to customize sims, houses and neighborhoods.
Because of that, I can't play to The Sims 3 then reset all my work and restart the scavenger hunt.
Field Researcher
#137 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
This is really great! I want a alien-zombie-vampire-plantsim-witch now (I wonder what it looks like?)
I have a plantsim-alien-zombie-werewolf and it looks like the last thing that they turned into (Plantsim)
Scholar
#138 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:57 AM
I got AnyGameStarter and went back to playing just Double Deluxe with no CC except critical fixes. It was so fun not having to worry about how this hack works or the way this makeup should be used. I made the fugliest sims and they fit in with everyone else. It's loads of fun.

Does anyone else remember the "newness" of getting a new EP? I remember getting Seasons and BV (in that order) and being absolutely stunned. I loved trying out the new features without knowing what would happen if I answered the Ninja's questions, or if I put my sim out in a thunderstorm (well, I kind of knew what would happen then.) I almost wish they'd come out with a new EP, even though it would destroy all my hacks.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Inventor
#139 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:50 PM
There is nothing like a brand new hood to get the imagination going. I love doing stuff I haven't done before, but this is my second custom hood. But, this custom hood is Pleasantview with a clean template so I don't have a bunch of unwanted townies roaming about, but have all the main playable families. I will make a few dozen customized townies to add to the population, but I am planning to choose only two of the families/houses to play.

Also, this is the first time I've ever played the Pleasantview neighborhood. I am also introducing aliens immediately to the hood. Unlike before when I didn't have any aliens at all or added aliens after playing my other hood for a long time.
Test Subject
#140 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 3:25 PM
i just make a giant production where the neighborhoods start a war or something.
Scholar
#141 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 6:51 PM
Superglitch that sounds absolutely hysterical....I can just see the entire neighborhood of Pleasantview storming Strangetown with torches and pitchforks! lol

I just started a custom neighborhood where different areas of the neighborhood are based on different time periods...one area is Victorian, one area is WWII, one area is 1950s, one area is medieval. I'm still building it so I haven't started playing it yet, but I'm having a blast building it. My last custom hood was patterned after old horror movies. I had alot of supernatural sims...Christopher Lee as Dracula...Vincent Price (my favorite old movie actor)...Zombies and Werewolves...I spent alot of time in CAS creating them, but with the custom content, they are just perfect (of course the zombies and werewolves didn't come from CAS! )! It took me almost a year to finish that neighborhood. I even have the Neighborhood Evil Witch living in a Gingerbread house.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Instructor
#142 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 9:54 PM Last edited by pinimon162 : 14th Aug 2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
I sometime make opposites of the premade families, just to get ideas whilst not repeating things I've played. I remade the Pleasants (but all with different names), and made Daniel a hardworking family man, and Mary-Sue a lazy, unemployed romance sim who flirts with everyone but has never actually had a full-on affair. The twin teen girls are best friends and both knowledge sims who spend all their time studying. None have got friends or boyfriends.

Then I recreated the Curious-opposites. Three sisters who wanted very normal lives. I think 2 were wealth sims and one was popularity. They wanted a traditional house and good standard jobs, and only one settled down and had a child.

Then I thought about Veronaville, and made 2 families whose parents were best friends with each other. They were trying to influence their teenage children to get together to keep the families close, but the teens hated each other, and it was driving the families apart.
It's quite interesting to do this, it generates storylines with backstories and personalities. I did it for every family in Pleasantview, and nearly all from Strangetown.
Scholar
#143 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 12:00 AM
Sometimes I get bored doing the same thing, whether it's building a new hood, making new families or playing existing families. I have an dark alter ego in my pleasantview hood that I sort of live vicariously through when I get bored...or when I'm really torqued about something going on in my life. She's okay with doing things I would never do.

Lab Assistant
#144 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 2:30 AM
The asylum challenge sounds so cool I think i might try that :D

You gonna do something killer?
C'mon give it a try...
Instructor
#145 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 7:50 AM
I am not really into chalenges but I would love to have someone to play like thisthe game...
Two persons creates 8 sims both share the same hood(custon or own creation). the 8 sims (4 women and 4 men) the thing is to see how thos sims will develop in eachother game. A LJ to keep weekly infos of the events...It is not a multiplaeyr. But is interresthing to know how diferent or similar my sim lives in other hands!!!
Better would be if the person has the same Eps as I do!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Test Subject
#146 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 10:30 AM
The thing that mostly gets me bored of the sims is the music... ive heard them all then i go on to playing The Sims on the console (The Sims Bustin out, The Sims 2, Urbz,The Sims 2 Pets) just to hear that music. then i comeback to TS2 refreshed but that quickly goes away. not to mention i solved that problem now because i found a site with some simlish versions of the songs that are featured on some of the console versions.
Scholar
#147 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:33 PM
I solved the music problem by putting on my headphones and turning on my mp3 player...it's not simlish, but it's music that I love...and it's so cute watching my sim couple slow dance to Augustana's Sweet and Low.

Mad Poster
#148 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 2:34 AM
Just to break out of my usual play style, I adopted the "random sim" challenge, altered a randomizing program from MATY and created an entire new hood full of families using the randomizing program with all the parameters for a family and sim. Using this has turned sims into rather interesting personalities, and not as "cookie-cutter" personalities as the premades.
It really has turned out to be such fun that I can just sit back and enjoy watching them-for instance, I have a firefighter who is afraid of fire and various ladies chasing older men, and sometimes catching them, a hippie who grows pot in his side yard and who had the want to apply for membership in the gardening club-and was accepted!
To do the random names, I used the Census Bureaus' most popular male/female names and surnames. This has the effect of making the sims almost "human". I also used the traits from the game, as well as all the various little things that go into making a CAS family, such as the astrological signs, etc.
Lots of work, but worth it to break the monotony. One never knows what will happen in a neighborhood with 10 randomized families and personalities!
I don't give them their lifetime wants, either. I wrote that into the program so that they get a job that might not fit into their lifestyle, but it has to work for them. The teens will get random aspirations, and they get jobs that are not necessarily to their liking either.
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:51 AM
I made my sim a serial killer!
Locking up a bunch of passerbys and sitting in a chair with popcorn in your hand and 3D glasses on is amusing as hell xD
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:36 AM
I live in Avalon (I guess you could say the real one, Somerset England), it’s the coolest town on the planet. This town is full to bursting point with hippies, artists, musicians, druids, witches, poets, dancers, drummers, healers, writers, photographers, radicals in everything modern…real Romany gypsies, potters, wood carvers, every type of religion, storey tellers… I could go on but you get the idea. I am in the process of trying to recreate this place, It’s a real challenge, the shops have to be owned due to the non-sellable custom thingy in community lots, I have been downloading strange and beautiful objects for England this week. I want to re-create Glastonbury Abby, The Assembly Rooms (medieval hall that holds everything artistic daily and bands at the weekend, not the mention the café that hosts the informal groups of every club in the town. The Chalice Well and maybe the Tor although that will be a challenge as Sims have no concept of History or appreciating beautiful views. The Cross is also a great idea, it’s the town centre where all the people who drink in the surrounding pubs, hotels and cafes end up sitting together jamming, singing, drumming, joking and just having a good time. Then there are the Cafes the mind boggles! They are indescribable, this is a café culture and each one has a ‘thing’ going on, I have no chance of re-creating that level of complexity.

I am hoping to make a beautiful, totally unpredictable town like this one, although I think the random unplanned street parades may be hoping for too much.
Page 6 of 17