Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blueprint Maker (Updated 08/17/2013)

by velocitygrass Posted 25th May 2013 at 6:20 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:41 PM by Nysha

287 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#201 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 4:30 PM
Thanks i'm trying to create a house to go on to MTS and this is what I need. :D
Test Subject
#202 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 4:33 AM
Tip: To make browsing for the log and screenshots easier, I've created the ability to place a settings.txt file in the same folder as the tool. The tool will read the first four lines and use them as default folder for the following:
The folder for the log files
The folder for the screenshots
The folder in which to write the blueprint package file
The beginning of the unique name, e.g. your username. (But make sure to append it for each new package in the tool!)
You can see an example in the settings.example.txt in the BlueprintMaker folder in the zip.

I see the settings.example.txt and I changed it but it dos not work. It still opens the default folders. How do I change the settings?
Inventor
Original Poster
#203 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 4:38 PM
@dreamcatcher2009: Did you rename the settings.example.txt to settings.txt after making the changes?
Test Subject
#204 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 10:42 PM
No I did not. I did not know that was what had to be done. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#205 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 9:29 PM
Sorry for the very late response. I started college, so I didn't get a chance to test the new version until recently. I still get the error using the new version.

Here's a quote of my original post, so you don't have to go digging for it:

Quote: Originally posted by Chicken0895
First of all, thank you so much for this program!

Second, some of my logs generate an error when I try to make them into packages. They generate the error: "the given key was not present in the dictionary". I can upload a log that gives this error as well as a log that didn't, if that would help.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Inventor
Original Poster
#206 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 8:46 AM
@Chicken0895: If you upload the logfile, I'll take a look at it.
Test Subject
#207 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 9:26 PM
Is this compatible with patch 1.63?
Inventor
Original Poster
#208 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 8:46 AM
@sevensimmers: It still compiles and since they didn't even add new blueprints in ITF, I doubt that changed anything in that area. So it should still work. If you do run into issues, please report them.
Field Researcher
#209 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 11:54 PM
Sorry for taking so long. I have uploaded a log that gives me that error.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ScriptError_Gateway__12-16-2013__15-25-34__DD77A9EC.zip (40.5 KB, 23 downloads)

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Inventor
Original Poster
#210 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 8:03 PM
@Chicken0895: I've taken a look and it appears that the script mod only logged one side of the outer wall of the room instead of a complete outer wall. The blue print maker crashes because it follows the outer wall around until it returns to the end (which it can't in this case). If you upload the lot for me, I can try to see why the script mod couldn't log the room properly.
Field Researcher
#211 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 12:49 AM
I've already uploaded it at the Sims Asylum, in my section (Chicken's Crazy Courtyard). You have to be logged in to see it, so you'll need to register if you don't have an account.

It's the only house there, so it should be easy to find. That specific blueprint is supposed to be the whole bottom floor, with spaces in the walls to make the floor one room. I've tried individually though, and most of the rooms still crash.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#212 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 1:29 AM
Can't wait to try it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#213 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 4:32 AM
Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#214 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 9:54 PM
After more then a week of playing with this and trying to figure out just HOW to make it go, I got it working! (I tend to be a bit slow when it comes to things like this) .Absolutely love this. So many times Ive wanted to save a room and use it again elsewhere and couldn't. now thanks to everyone's work here, I can. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#215 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 4:48 AM
is it possible to do a whole floor? all of mine just end up 1 room
Field Researcher
#216 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 9:08 PM
When it gets to the part where it is supposed to save the .package file, it crashes as soon as I hit SAVE from the path selection window. I get the following error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continu, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

I made a copy of the crash report if its of any help. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

I'm running Win7 64-bit SP1, all game files fully patched and up to date. The crash occurred in Island Paradise on a lot I had binned from Sunset Valley - I can't plop the lot because setimportedoffsetterrain doesn't seem to work on beaches. So I thought I could just recreate the building this way since it's one giant room.

If I don't answer a direct question on the technical forums, I didn't see it. Feel free to PM me.
Field Researcher
#217 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by delalune4
is it possible to do a whole floor? all of mine just end up 1 room

The blueprint mechanism defined by EA is only for doing a room at a time - I doubt there's anything to be done in a mod to make it do a whole floor.

If I don't answer a direct question on the technical forums, I didn't see it. Feel free to PM me.
Field Researcher
#218 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 3:28 PM
"Click on the floor in the room and select "Velocitygrass..." -> "Create Blueprint Template" with or without outer walls"

I can't make this option appear :/ I tried left click, right click, shift+click, ctrl+click and shift+ctrl+click and nothing appears :c
My game version is 1.66.2.024017
THANKS POST
#219 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 5:55 PM
muchas grasias
Field Researcher
#220 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Chicken0895: I've taken a look and it appears that the script mod only logged one side of the outer wall of the room instead of a complete outer wall. The blue print maker crashes because it follows the outer wall around until it returns to the end (which it can't in this case). If you upload the lot for me, I can try to see why the script mod couldn't log the room properly.

Quote: Originally posted by Chicken0895
I've already uploaded it at the Sims Asylum, in my section (Chicken's Crazy Courtyard). You have to be logged in to see it, so you'll need to register if you don't have an account.

It's the only house there, so it should be easy to find. That specific blueprint is supposed to be the whole bottom floor, with spaces in the walls to make the floor one room. I've tried individually though, and most of the rooms still crash.

Any progress? It's not at all my intention to rush you, but it has been a little over a month, so I was wondering what happened.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:25 PM
Absolutely amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#222 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 9:13 AM
OMG You are flipping awesome. I love you! Not going to use it now but later ;D
Test Subject
#223 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 2:49 AM
Hi velocitygrass,
Could you please make this mod compatible with Mac OS Z Version 10.6.8? I'd really love to make my own blueprints.

Thanks, Jennifer
Test Subject
#224 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 6:34 PM
I cannot save my blueprint I get an errormessage (unprocessed exception? )
Test Subject
#225 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sojourner
When it gets to the part where it is supposed to save the .package file, it crashes as soon as I hit SAVE from the path selection window. I get the following error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continu, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

I made a copy of the crash report if its of any help. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

I'm running Win7 64-bit SP1, all game files fully patched and up to date. The crash occurred in Island Paradise on a lot I had binned from Sunset Valley - I can't plop the lot because setimportedoffsetterrain doesn't seem to work on beaches. So I thought I could just recreate the building this way since it's one giant room.

I keep having the same problem.... its everytime i go to save it. can u let me no if u have found a way around it please
Page 9 of 12