Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 24-MAR-2017) Cook With Any Ingredient (Wood Fire Oven/Sauna/Teppanyaki Grill/Baker's Station compatible)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 2nd Apr 2014 at 9:42 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2017 at 7:01 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

353 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 251 Feedback Posts, 101 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 15
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
I didn't tried yet, but it work on the fridge and wood oven located in a community lot (because the backery oven isn't added)?
Or, the mod is made it only for cooking at home.

Yes, with the mod you can cook with on community lots as well

Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
It can be add the backery oven?

Quote: Originally posted by kociara81
Can you add Frost-Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine and Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill too?

Sorry, the Wood Fire Oven is the only cooking item (besides the chocolate fountain) that I own, I have never played with any of the rest so it's not possible for me to mod them at the moment
(Edit) Oh wait, I do have the Sauna as well so I might try to do a version for the Make Steamed Veggies interaction
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 7:26 PM
Hi. I haven't tried the mod yet cause starting up the sims takes a whole day Does the changes to the recipes last over different saves? Or do I have to set the ingredients each time I start a new game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kezilovessims
Does the changes to the recipes last over different saves? Or do I have to set the ingredients each time I start a new game?

The recipes themselves are NOT changed at all, only the ingredients that go into the specific serving of food being made by a sim (so you can make the same recipe but with different ingredients each time. This means you have to manually choose ingredients each time you make the recipe). Once cooking has started, i.e. once you've chosen your ingredients and the sim pulls out the food tray from the fridge or their inventory to prepare the food, the chosen ingredients will be saved into the food tray (and should stay there even if you quit and reload the game) and passed along the cooking process until the end product is made.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 9:39 PM
ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 12:48 PM
OMG thank you!
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 7:52 PM
Hi Icarus. First of all, I'd like to thank you for making this mod. It is definitely a great addition to my game.

I have been using the mod for a few sim days and it works very well for the most part. However, today was Spooky Day and so I ordered my sim to make Pumpkin Pie, and noticed the pumpkin was nowhere to be found in the list of ingredients.

I have pumpkins in the fridge as well as in my sim's inventory. The pumpkin doesn't show up either in the list of possible ingredients when making any other recipe. All other fruits and veggies, including carrots (added in Pets EP), custom ingredients added by the cooking overhaul mod and the strawberry (added by DouglasVeiga's mod, I believe) show up fine.

Am I the only one having this bug? Any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance for your response
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 5:56 AM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 12th Apr 2014 at 6:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Datch
However, today was Spooky Day and so I ordered my sim to make Pumpkin Pie, and noticed the pumpkin was nowhere to be found in the list of ingredients

Thanks for the report. Very likely a mistake on my part, lemme go look into this and I'll get back to you later in the day

EDIT: Okay, fixed it. Didn't notice it before, thanks for catching my oversight!
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:35 AM
It is probably a mod conflict issue but just asking in case anyone else sees it. When I have this mod in my game it crashes if I even scroll the mouse over a fridge. I am going to find a conflict detection utility again and run it to see what could be causing it. None of the mods I use mess with the fridge. I do use the Hospital Overhaul, and Twallan's master controller and vector mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tibby14
When I have this mod in my game it crashes if I even scroll the mouse over a fridge. I am going to find a conflict detection utility again and run it to see what could be causing it. None of the mods I use mess with the fridge. I do use the Hospital Overhaul, and Twallan's master controller and vector mods.

Do you have NRaas ErrorTrap? Error Trap may be able to catch whatever it is causing the crashing and stop it from happening and produce a ScriptError file in your Sims3 Folder that can help pinpointing the exact cause.
Test Subject
#60 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:56 PM Last edited by Aventerra : 14th Apr 2014 at 12:25 AM.
I still don't quite understand what you mean about the quality of the food. I am having my sim make food and every single dish has come out "Normal" quality despite the quality of the ingredients. There are some dishes that only require one ingredient and if I try to add more, it only comes out normal. So am I to follow the default recipe first and then add which ever? None of my food is exceeding normal quality unless I ask my sim to kick it up a notch.

Also, I just thought I could use the cheat to change the quality but I can't find the interaction at all, even when I type the cheat in correctly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aventerra
I still don't quite understand what you mean about the quality of the food. I am having my sim make food and every single dish has come out "Normal" quality despite the quality of the ingredients. There are some dishes that only require one ingredient and if I try to add more, it only comes out normal. So am I to follow the default recipe first and then add which ever? None of my food is exceeding normal quality unless I ask my sim to kick it up a notch.

Also, I just thought I could use the cheat to change the quality but I can't find the interaction at all, even when I type the cheat in correctly.

The quality of a meal by default (i.e. WITHOUT the mod) is influenced mostly by your sim's cooking skill, but also to a smaller extent the number of times he/she has cooked that particular recipe, the quality of the ingredients and the appliance used. The quality is calculated and set by the game at the end of the cooking process. What this mod will do AFTER that is check if you've followed the original recipe or not, if you did it will do nothing (so if you followed the recipe and your dish came out normal, that is the quality that the game decided. It should improve naturally as you increase the Cooking skill or the more you cook the same recipe).

If you DIDN'T follow the recipe, the mod randomly selects a new quality from a certain range around the quality set by the game. The further away you stray from the recipe and the lower skilled your sim is the more likely a quality below the original is chosen. So it could just be the luck of the draw that your sim's came out normal every time (in my own testing low leveled sims could even produce putrid quality meals) There is no way to change the quality then (I didn't add an interaction to do this) except by kicking it up a notch or adding a herb etc. Typing the "Cooking ChangeFoodQuality false" cheat only tells the mod to stop doing anything to the quality of future cooked meals.

I hope that explains things
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
The quality of a meal by default (i.e. WITHOUT the mod) is influenced mostly by your sim's cooking skill, but also to a smaller extent the number of times he/she has cooked that particular recipe, the quality of the ingredients and the appliance used. The quality is calculated and set by the game at the end of the cooking process. What this mod will do AFTER that is check if you've followed the original recipe or not, if you did it will do nothing (so if you followed the recipe and your dish came out normal, that is the quality that the game decided. It should improve naturally as you increase the Cooking skill or the more you cook the same recipe).

If you DIDN'T follow the recipe, the mod randomly selects a new quality from a certain range around the quality set by the game. The further away you stray from the recipe and the lower skilled your sim is the more likely a quality below the original is chosen. So it could just be the luck of the draw that your sim's came out normal every time (in my own testing low leveled sims could even produce putrid quality meals) There is no way to change the quality then (I didn't add an interaction to do this) except by kicking it up a notch or adding a herb etc. Typing the "Cooking ChangeFoodQuality false" cheat only tells the mod to stop doing anything to the quality of future cooked meals.

I hope that explains things

Ahh, okay. I've noticed so far that dishes that require more ingredients, I managed to get a proper quality rating, but a dish like mac and cheese, which only needs cheese, if I tried to add in cheese + one random ingredient, it would be normal quality. I can't tell if that's luck or it thinks I'm doing it wrong. Anyhow, I'm gonna try another game session if any the quality changes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aventerra
Ahh, okay. I've noticed so far that dishes that require more ingredients, I managed to get a proper quality rating, but a dish like mac and cheese, which only needs cheese, if I tried to add in cheese + one random ingredient, it would be normal quality.

That's probably because the mod also scales the quality if you use more or less ingredients than required, forgot to mention, so it may be in those cases the end quality is more likely to be decreased.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 2:27 AM
What about that new oven for sweets in the Sims 3 store? The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by raverbritney02
What about that new oven for sweets in the Sims 3 store? The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery?

Sorry, don't own it, can't mod it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:14 AM
This mod is fabulous, thank you!
Test Subject
#67 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Sorry, don't own it, can't mod it
I'll buy it for you. What is your username on The Sims 3?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 2:49 PM
u just join and making awesome mods can u add more slots to the mod i want to add herbs in the cooking but it dont give me the boost when i do it neither do the honey i got to sweeten afterwards or add herb afterwards and i rather do it while she cooking bc it save some time i got to pick up the plate twice to add honey and herbs to my cookin desserts i am awesome using the blackcat mod too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raverbritney02
I'll buy it for you. What is your username on The Sims 3?

That's awfully generous of you. But I'm starting to get rather busy in RL and modding will probably have to go down in my priority list soon ;(

Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
can u add more slots to the mod i want to add herbs in the cooking but it dont give me the boost when i do it neither do the honey i got to sweeten afterwards or add herb afterwards and i rather do it while she cooking bc it save some time

I did consider allowing that, but if you used herbs as ingredients during cooking your sims won't get the herb effect when eating the food afterwards so you'll have to manually add the herb or honey to the food after cooking I'm afraid
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#70 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 3:44 PM
it suxs i hoped u could bc ea should have been able to let u do that but i love it none the less
Test Subject
#71 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 4:38 PM
That's good, but in the University, people dead because they can't cook.....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aly17
That's good, but in the University, people dead because they can't cook.....

Hmm, I thought I handled that situation but I guess not. Thanks for the info, should be fixed int he latest version.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 2nd May 2014 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FloridaDude1964
I clicked the fridge and nothing happens. Then I clicked the stove, clicked the "Have Brunch - Ingredients" option, selected the ingredients, clicked "OK" and the sim does nothing.

So no interactions appear on the fridge? Did the ingredients you selected when using the Stove interaction remain in your sim's inventory after you clicked on the interaction?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 3rd May 2014 at 6:06 AM
Since the sim does nothing after clicking "OK", the ingredients still remain in the inventory.

I'm assuming you didn't use any of the mod's cheats to change its options? Could your sim properly route to the stove using any other interaction? Have you tried replacing the fridge/stove and see if the interactions appear/work (Do ANY other interactions appear on the fridge?)?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 3rd May 2014 at 3:21 PM
I tried everything you suggested and it still doesn't work. I will just have to play the game without this mod. No big deal. Thanks.

Since I couldn't reproduce the issue on my own game I'm really not sure what else to suggest. Sorry I couldn't help.
Page 3 of 15