Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 24-MAR-2017) Cook With Any Ingredient (Wood Fire Oven/Sauna/Teppanyaki Grill/Baker's Station compatible)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 2nd Apr 2014 at 9:42 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2017 at 7:01 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

353 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 251 Feedback Posts, 101 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 15
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I just put this mod in today and it works fine. However, the cooking and ingredient overhaul mod I use doesn't show up with this mod in my game. It was working fine before I put this mod in. Am I supposed to put this mod into overrides or something?

Edit: Putting it in overrides didn't do anything. It still won't show the cooking and ingredient overhaul mod from here.

Edit 2: Nevermind. Had to put the cooking and ingredient overhaul mod in overrides and your mod in packages and it worked just fine. Thanks for such a great mod!

Thanks for the info, I've never used that mod personally but I was quite sure it would work fine with this mod just never tested it myself. Glad you resolved the issue
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 7:53 AM
I have always wanted something like this. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:30 PM
Hi! I just wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful mod My only question is, is this also compatible with the new oven from the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery? I have yet to make a family with a bakery so I haven't used the oven yet. In the event that it is compatible, yay! In the event that it is not compatible, would it be possible to make it so, please? (I guess that's two questions :P) Thank you again!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#104 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cellini2point0
My only question is, is this also compatible with the new oven from the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery?!

It's compatible in the sense that it will not conflict with the Bakery set, but the features of the mod will not be available on the objects from the set unfortunately. Since I neither have the set nor have access to its code atm nothing I can do about that right now.
Scholar
#105 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I just put this mod in today and it works fine. However, the cooking and ingredient overhaul mod I use doesn't show up with this mod in my game. It was working fine before I put this mod in. Am I supposed to put this mod into overrides or something?

Edit: Putting it in overrides didn't do anything. It still won't show the cooking and ingredient overhaul mod from here.

Edit 2: Nevermind. Had to put the cooking and ingredient overhaul mod in overrides and your mod in packages and it worked just fine. Thanks for such a great mod!

Thats odd. Why did you have to put the Cooking and Ingredient Overhaul mod in Overrides to make it show up? I have both mods in and they work fine.
All the extra ingredients in C&I Overhaul show up in the Grocers, the cooking time is reduced as intended - all the extras in it work as it should. What was it about yours that didn't work? I'm just asking out of interest since I use both too
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#106 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Thats odd. Why did you have to put the Cooking and Ingredient Overhaul mod in Overrides to make it show up? I have both mods in and they work fine.
All the extra ingredients in C&I Overhaul show up in the Grocers, the cooking time is reduced as intended - all the extras in it work as it should. What was it about yours that didn't work? I'm just asking out of interest since I use both too

I think it's just the order the game loads your mods (which I know nothing about really but I suspect can be totally different from player to player). If the Cooking & Ingredients Overhaul mod is loaded BEFORE this mod that there should be no problems, but there is no guarantee that the game will load it in that order unless you put the mod you want the game to load first in the overrides folder. In your case the C&I Overhaul mod is loaded first every time it seems so that step isn't necessary for you, but for some other players this mod may be loaded first in which case C&I should go in the Overrides folder.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 12:54 PM
I love this mod and use the heck out of it. And I absolutely love your Sim, Mary Baker. Would you consider uploading her? *cookies* :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#108 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pjgo
And I absolutely love your Sim, Mary Baker. Would you consider uploading her? *cookies* :D

Mary Baker is one of the residents of Twinbrook where I was testing the mod and taking screenshots, you can find here there
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:41 PM
I am just beside myself that you have enabled the toy oven, food truck and concession foods!!!!!! I have been wanting to be able to make those in game for so long!! Thank you so much for all you are doing and for all you have done.
Field Researcher
#110 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:13 PM
Hey, all my Sims only make Normal quality food, even when following the recipe exactly. None of them have maxed Cooking or the Menu Maven challenge completed. Doesn't matter if the ingredients are better than normal either - I've had Sims made Autumn Salads with Perfect or Outstanding ingredients and still get Normal quality food.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#111 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
Hey, all my Sims only make Normal quality food, even when following the recipe exactly. None of them have maxed Cooking or the Menu Maven challenge completed. Doesn't matter if the ingredients are better than normal either - I've had Sims made Autumn Salads with Perfect or Outstanding ingredients and still get Normal quality food.

Do you have the very latest version of the mod? The issue should have already been resolved, at least I don't see it in my own test game anymore. Keep in mind that good quality ingredients does not guarantee good quality meals, other factors especially the sim's cooking skill have a part in that as well.
Instructor
#112 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 5:31 AM
Does this conflict with Twoftymama's at NSA Don't Eat Unless I Tell You To Visitors Cant Use Fridge Combo v5? Or Chicken0895's No Autonoumous Japanese Grill? Just so I don't spam, are any one of your following mods conflicting with these?

Get Moodlets From Meal Ingredients + Increased Hunger For Mermaids From Kelp/Fish Meals

Bring Food And Drink To Others - Any Time, Any Place

ring "Mysterious Drinks" (Chemistry Set Potions) To Others

Thanks help would be greatly appreciated. c-:

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#113 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
Does this conflict with Twoftymama's at NSA Don't Eat Unless I Tell You To Visitors Cant Use Fridge Combo v5? Or Chicken0895's No Autonoumous Japanese Grill? Just so I don't spam, are any one of your following mods conflicting with these?

Get Moodlets From Meal Ingredients + Increased Hunger For Mermaids From Kelp/Fish Meals

Bring Food And Drink To Others - Any Time, Any Place

ring "Mysterious Drinks" (Chemistry Set Potions) To Others

Thanks help would be greatly appreciated. c-:

Nope
Smeg Head
#114 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:43 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 2nd Aug 2014 at 5:47 PM.
Hi icarus_allsorts. Whatever changes you made in the latest version has turned the sims into teppanyaki/wood fire oven pests. I've long since used a tuning mod to push sims to more than likely choose to eat leftovers. With your older version of this mod, they asked only occasionally to make teppanyaki or wood fire oven foods, opting for leftovers more often. But now, however, they wont stop asking to cook. I'm getting fed up of telling them no every five minutes and they simply will not choose leftovers anymore no matter how high I set the hunger push on the "eat_leftovers ITUN" What's occurring? I don't want to switch off autonomy outright for teppanyaki or wood fire oven, but it looks like I may have to if I continue to use this otherwise fantastic mod of yours.

Update: Ah Ha! Somehow, when I replaced your old version for the latest update, it broke the eat leftovers autonomy. Those sims just could not do it by themselves even if it meant starving to death. I emptied the old fridge, replaced it with a new one, restocked and voila! Sims can and do get leftovers more that anything else. Back to normal. All's well that ends well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#115 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Hi icarus_allsorts. Whatever changes you made in the latest version has turned the sims into teppanyaki/wood fire oven pests. I've long since used a tuning mod to push sims to more than likely choose to eat leftovers. With your older version of this mod, they asked only occasionally to make teppanyaki or wood fire oven foods, opting for leftovers more often. But now, however, they wont stop asking to cook. I'm getting fed up of telling them no every five minutes and they simply will not choose leftovers anymore no matter how high I set the hunger push on the "eat_leftovers ITUN" What's occurring? I don't want to switch off autonomy outright for teppanyaki or wood fire oven, but it looks like I may have to if I continue to use this otherwise fantastic mod of yours.

Update: Ah Ha! Somehow, when I replaced your old version for the latest update, it broke the eat leftovers autonomy. Those sims just could not do it by themselves even if it meant starving to death. I emptied the old fridge, replaced it with a new one, restocked and voila! Sims can and do get leftovers more that anything else. Back to normal. All's well that ends well.

Glad you managed to solve it since I would really have no clue on this one really. Unless the leftovers you had were of meals specific to the grill/oven... but even if they were that still leaves me mostly baffled.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 9:29 AM
I love this mod! Thank you for making it! :D

I just wanted to ask, though.... My sim knows the Ambrosia recipe and has level 10 cooking skill, but when I click the fridge, I can't find the option to make it anywhere. I have the life fruit and death fish required. I don't know why it's not showing up or if it has anything to do with this mod. I really try to be very careful about potentially conflicting mods, so I don't think it's because of that, but who knows. I just wonder if anyone else is having this problem, or any other missing recipes for that matter, and if so, hopefully it can be brought to attention and be fixed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#117 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kitty.lorentz
My sim knows the Ambrosia recipe and has level 10 cooking skill, but when I click the fridge, I can't find the option to make it anywhere. I have the life fruit and death fish required.

Ambrosia also requires level 10 Gardening and level 10 Fishing I believe, does your sim have those?
Icy Spicy
#118 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:47 PM
I cannot thank you enough for this mod...this mod has opened a whole new world of gameplay for me :lovestruc .
I know you said you do not have access to the bakery oven code now but do yo have plans to add it to the mod in the near( or distant) future? Sorry to trouble you with requests .
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#119 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
I know you said you do not have access to the bakery oven code now but do yo have plans to add it to the mod in the near( or distant) future?

All I can say is if it happens, it happens. No promises.
Icy Spicy
#120 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
All I can say is if it happens, it happens. No promises.

Thank you
Test Subject
#121 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 1:52 AM
I'm curious, is it possible to enable group servings of the extra recipes? (concessions stand foods, etc) I was hoping to create a buffet restaurant using this and your buffet mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#122 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkWillow76
I'm curious, is it possible to enable group servings of the extra recipes? (concessions stand foods, etc) I was hoping to create a buffet restaurant using this and your buffet mods.

The game doesn't have any models for the group servings for those recipes, only for the single servings. You could edit the RecipeMasterList XML to first provide them with some (copy the model names of the single servings over to the group serving entry, though that would mean the group servings will look exactly the same as the single ones), then make them group serving enabled. For example:

(Original)
<Data>
<Recipe_Key>CinnamonDonut</Recipe_Key>
<Recipe_Name>CinnamonDonut</Recipe_Name>
<Single_Full>foodEatCinnamonDonut#All;EP8</Single_Full>
<Single_Half>foodEatCinnamonDonut#Some;EP8</Single_Half>
<Single_Empty>foodEatCinnamonDonut#None;EP8</Single_Empty>

(Edited)
<Data>
<Recipe_Key>CinnamonDonut</Recipe_Key>
<Recipe_Name>CinnamonDonut</Recipe_Name>
<Can_Make_Single>x</Can_Make_Single> Add this line (not sure if this one is necessary but just in case)
<Can_Make_Group>x</Can_Make_Group> Add this line
<Single_Full>foodEatCinnamonDonut#All;EP8</Single_Full>
<Single_Half>foodEatCinnamonDonut#Some;EP8</Single_Half>
<Single_Empty>foodEatCinnamonDonut#None;EP8</Single_Empty>
<Group_Full>foodEatCinnamonDonut#All;EP8</Group_Full> Add this line
<Group_Half>foodEatCinnamonDonut#Some;EP8</Group_Half> Add this line
<Group_Empty>foodEatCinnamonDonut#None;EP8</Group_Empty> Add this line

(while you're at it you may as well provide them with some require ingredients as well if you want, refer to the learnable recipes in the same XML to see how that's done)
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:26 AM
Ok, first of all I want to say I love this mod. I really do.
I've been having my sim make some of the extra recipes, and every time I pick the 'wedding cake' option, she'll just stand in front of the fridge for a while, then the action gets cancelled but the ingredient picked still disappears from the fridge, and when I chose to buy from the store she still got charged even though she didn't actually use it. So far it's just the wedding cake that seems to do this.
Also apparently the 'french toast' option has disappeared from the menu wheel. Which is unfortunate, as I rather enjoy having french toast for dinner. XD

I need an adult!! Oh, wait, I am an adult...

I want a refund.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#124 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 5:32 PM
@Lilithmae1231: Hmm must've missed that one. Thanks for the report, I'll upload a fix for the children's oven wedding cake issue soon. French Toast appears properly on my game though, are you sure your sim had high enough cooking skill for it?
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
@Lilithmae1231: Hmm must've missed that one. Thanks for the report, I'll upload a fix for the children's oven wedding cake issue soon. French Toast appears properly on my game though, are you sure your sim had high enough cooking skill for it?

Yeah, she had it maxed out. I just checked, and the option appears now. No idea what that was about. Maybe my game just likes to troll me. XD

I need an adult!! Oh, wait, I am an adult...

I want a refund.
Page 5 of 15