Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 10:08 AM
All you guys must have your mind in the gutter then!
I wasnt guilt tripping anybody Rob, was just saying theres no need to make someone feel bad if their first language is not English!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 12:39 PM
I don't think anybody's trying to make the OP feel bad.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 1:43 PM
I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad. I'm just saying that not proofreading your post can make it harder to understand. And the errors look like not proofreading, not ESL errors.
Theorist
#29 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:26 PM
The score now is 3:1 in favor of incest.
I guess all those studies that claim incest is much more prevalent than previously thought were right.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:28 PM
Sorry for the mistakes, but my computer tries to make the englisch words into german.

@ekrubynaffit #19: Yes, this one I'm searching for. They're perfect.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...223#post4846223

@theloveantidote: #23: The Mailbox Covers Are very good, I try to use them.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...384#post4846384

To the Mailbox search: It means "better Mailbox" also bot the standard one.
Theorist
#31 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MazeSim
Sorry for the mistakes, but my computer tries to make the englisch words into german.

I'm not buying it, because the German word is practically the same, ie, Objekt.
I think you're secretly or subconsciously harboring thoughts of incest.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:40 PM
I writing with a Tablet, and the Keyboard is different with my Computer keyboard, so there come and mistakes.
And I'm NOT harboring thoughts of incest.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:53 PM
Thanks for changing the title. The problem with a spelling error in the title is that you see it every time you see the thread, whereas if it's in one post in a thread you don't tend to reread that post a lot. But all you need to do is look back over your posts before you click submit and see if your computer has tried to sneak in something dodgy. Then you can correct it. If I didn't proofread my posts they would be totally incoherent sometimes lol. For example, this was my post before I checked it.

But all you need to do is look back over your posts befire you click submit and see if your computer has tried to sneak in something dodgy. Then you can correct it. If I didn'r proofread my posts they would be totally incoherent sometimes lol.

And noone thinks you're into incest; it's just the word your brain first goes to when trying to make a real word out of objcest. Rob is just being Scary.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#34 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:58 PM
Changed!!

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
If I didn'r proofread my posts they would be totally incoherent sometimes lol.[/I]

Indeed

Hey - I'm not criticising anyone. I am, after all, a post editing queen.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#35 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
And noone thinks you're into incest; it's just the word your brain first goes to when trying to make a real word out of objcest. Rob is just being Scary.

Noone is not a word.
Theorist
#36 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 6:59 PM
I read the original thread name as "objects" rather than "incest." There are studies that show that as long as the first and last letters in a word are in the right place, and all the letters in the middle of the word are the right letters, most people can read the word just fine even if some of the letters in the middle are in the wrong order. This may not work for non-native English speakers, but for most English speakers, it's a non-issue. In this case, the last letter was out of place as well, but it was not a barrier to comprehension for me or for plenty of others, despite Charity's assertion that "incest" is the only obvious interpretation. And neither of Charity's typos would have made her post incomprehensible to me.

Some people have atypical neurological connections that give them difficulty with individual words -- I have a couple of words that I consistently misread myself if I'm not paying attention, although neither the original word nor the one I think I see is sexual in nature. For whatever reason, the words that I misread tend to begin with M, so apparently my brain has slightly glitchy neurological connections in the M-word filing area.

ScaryRob likes to say shit just for the sake of saying shit and pissing people off. I recommend using the Ignore button since it's bothering you.

I won't be saying any more about the ridiculous "of course it's incest!" discussion, but if the OP has any other questions about where to find something, I'll do my best to help.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Alchemist
#37 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:48 AM
Well said esmeiolanthe.

And you're most welcome Mazesim, glad to be of help.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#38 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
In this case, the last letter was out of place as well, but it was not a barrier to comprehension for me or for plenty of others, despite Charity's assertion that "incest" is the only obvious interpretation. And neither of Charity's typos would have made her post incomprehensible to me.

I didn't say that it was the only obvious interpretation, just that, as shown by people's responses, that it's the closest word that makes sense. Then you realise that incest makes no sense and rearrange the letters in the word; it's just that it isn't immediate.

Also, bugger off spellcheck. Realise is a real word.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 6:25 PM
Hello, I'm back!

I'm searching for a wallpaper, its "tear" like the wall in the picture. And I'm also searching for the sideboard, wich stands on the wall (or a Board wich looks like this one on the photo)

Thank you!
Maze
Screenshots
Theorist
#41 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 12:59 AM
For sideboards, try thses:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...oard/id/749483/
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=329979
http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...nit/id/1216112/

You may also want to go through reikus's Tumblr: http://riekus13.tumblr.com/ I know I've seen them make very similar items, but I can't put my finger on them at the moment. I bet you'll find lots you like, though.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 7:07 AM
Thank you, Michelle, I've found some really good wallpapers and painted walls!
Thank you too, esmeiolanthe, the tumblr of riekus is very very very good. I love it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 3:14 PM
Can somebody tell me, where the photo wallpaper in the backround is from? I like it very much!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 12:13 PM
Are there any wallpapers, they're looking like this one of the picture?
Thank you!

Maze
Screenshots
Theorist
#45 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 12:48 PM
There are some similar wallpapers in Lord Darcy's Life Stories bundle, which I am not allowed to link to. Just Google "sims 2 life stories conversions" and the first several results will link you to them. I don't have any pictures, unfortunately.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 5:45 PM
Thank you! And how are those walls called?
Page 2 of 2